PDA

View Full Version : The Intern Experience

Shaqattaq
05-30-2013, 12:55 PM
by Corey Burkhart

The team was looking for a set of external eyes to take a look at their game. Being a gamer, I couldn’t resist jumping at the opportunity to play a new game well before it was ready to come out.

http://hextcg.com/the-internship-experience/

SomeoneRandom
05-30-2013, 01:14 PM
I am blown away by Eye of Creation, I want to make a deck with that instantly... Any chance we could get an idea of whats in the "Eye of Creation deck" for the pve equipment? :)

Gerogero
05-30-2013, 01:20 PM
I am blown away by Eye of Creation, I want to make a deck with that instantly... Any chance we could get an idea of whats in the "Eye of Creation deck" for the pve equipment? :)

I saw that as well and had the same question. Either way, looks like one of those cards that can just win games.

Moondancer
05-30-2013, 01:30 PM
I dislike the card as it is really just a one card combo. It takes some of the fun out when a card basically reads play this card win the game instead of the creativity of combining multiple cards to win a game.

Gerogero
05-30-2013, 01:36 PM
Well it by itself really doesn't do anything, but you need to have cards for it to play to make it any good. I am looking at Ruby/Sapphire burn control deck.

Tinuvas
05-30-2013, 01:38 PM
It's expensive enough that while it is a win card, it won't win on it's own. Let's say you fill a deck with low cost troops to exploit a low cost Eye of Creation. Drop the hammer, pass turn with grin. Grin fades as an Extinction kills every dang one of your troops and leaves you with an empty feeling. OR, if countermagic exists, one counterspell and you're out of options. Yes, it is the most solid 'semi-soft lock' card I've seen yet (not saying much, but IMHO), but you'll have to build well around it to finish games with it. As is appropriate in any well balanced game, there shouldn't be any one super kill card. The only reason I'm frustrated with it is that it made my dreams of world domination with blood decks quite a bit less simple...

mightygerm
05-30-2013, 02:09 PM
Oh hello there genesis wave.

WaylandX
05-30-2013, 02:11 PM
Great read TY!

Showsni
05-30-2013, 02:45 PM
Those blue cards have me thinking of some kind of High Tide style combo deck that aims to play everything in one turn... Do we have something like a Brainfreeze as a finisher?

DanTheMeek
05-30-2013, 06:08 PM
So, if you have archamge wrenlocke out, play dream dance, and then attempt to cast a 2 cost action... is it free or does it cost 1? If wrenlocke's effect brings it to 1, dream dance can bring it to 0, but if dream dance's effect resolves first, wrenlockes effect fizzles since its already at 1 and he can't bring it below that.

bogatog
05-30-2013, 06:41 PM
So, if you have archamge wrenlocke out, play dream dance, and then attempt to cast a 2 cost action... is it free or does it cost 1? If wrenlocke's effect brings it to 1, dream dance can bring it to 0, but if dream dance's effect resolves first, wrenlockes effect fizzles since its already at 1 and he can't bring it below that.

I'm curious how these effects stack as well.

Grissnap
05-30-2013, 07:14 PM
If its like WoW TCG, you can apply modifiers to your cards in any order. So you could apply the Archmage's effect first, brining it down from 2 to 1, then you can apply the dream dance modifier, bringing it down from 1 to 0. That may or may not be the case with Hex.

Redbeastmage
05-30-2013, 08:08 PM
3 copies of dream dance with those boots lets you cast infinite dream dances since you can just pick the one that was most recently cast. With the mage, you can cast it ad naseum, draw your deck, play the escalation burn spell, and redraw it until you win.

MastrFett
05-31-2013, 09:56 AM

That's a good question. I also wonder if it would make a difference depending on which card you put into play first. Like, does the card you play first affect the effects in play.

Fireblast
06-09-2013, 06:56 AM
If its like WoW TCG, you can apply modifiers to your cards in any order. So you could apply the Archmage's effect first, brining it down from 2 to 1, then you can apply the dream dance modifier, bringing it down from 1 to 0. That may or may not be the case with Hex.

Either that or timestamp.

~

syphonhail
06-16-2013, 09:20 PM
Corey says:

Needless to say, when one these was played and you put a ton of resources into play and played all the actions, troops, and constants off of it, it spelled horrible times for your opponent, until they realized the real creation is what came off the second copy!

Is this correct? You get to over-ride the one resource per turn rule?

Erebus
06-16-2013, 09:49 PM
I'm assuming your talking about Eye of Creation.

Yes, Eye puts all revealed sources into play as well. Was confirmed in the Q&A stream.