PDA

View Full Version : Raid Parties for Loners

Superdave000
05-31-2013, 03:39 AM
My apologies if this has already been addressed, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Does anyone know if there will be a "party finder" feature? So if you are rather friendless, yet still want to be able to do raids, will there be an easy way to join up with people that are ready to do the raid?

Also, has it been put out if raids are optional in PvE, or could someone potentially get stuck because they can't make it past a certain point?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Krenos
05-31-2013, 04:14 AM
Nothing explicitly stated, but find a guild, or message me, Ill be glad to run anytime I'm on!

Scale
05-31-2013, 05:14 AM
From the feel of the game, more mmo based and less just dungeon based. This may then offer the 'partying up' thing, which for me feels like it belongs more in games like borderlands. But it's very possible it'll equally offer more of a communal set of areas and channels where by you just would say 'hey this is Superdave looking to go kill some kraken, any takers?'

That said in a similar vein to Krenos any time I'm on and not already wrapped up in stuff I'm game so feel free to drop me a line.
Guilds are probably an extension from the people you will find who you raid with regularily amoungst other bits. But I know that's not always how they turn out.

Beyond that I guess we'll see.

TheProphet
05-31-2013, 06:55 AM
Nothing explicitly stated, but find a guild, or message me, Ill be glad to run anytime I'm on!

Me as well

Tinuvas
05-31-2013, 07:03 AM
Also, has it been put out if raids are optional in PvE, or could someone potentially get stuck because they can't make it past a certain point?

I'm fairly certain that there will be items that you won't be able to get without raiding, but I HIGHLY doubt that you will get 'stuck' because of it. Worst case scenario, farm the world and hit the AH for the items (one of the HUGE gains to an open game over a WoW, bind on pickup style game).