PDA

View Full Version : 366 cards in the first set

MrCwis
05-31-2013, 07:51 AM
So I'm not sure if anyone has noticed this and said anything before but it looks like there will be 366 cards in the first PVP set. On the socketed cards page (http://hextcg.com/socketed-cards/) the master beast rider has "HEX 288/366" next to the rarity.

From this I'll assume there are about 58-63 cards of each color, if they keep them balanced this will be between 290-315 cards, dual lands I would place at between 10-15. 10 assuming there is one for every color pair, then some all purpose ones, this number might even be higher since resources are so much more than just resource producers in Hex. This leaves between 36-60 cards for artifacts depending on how important they are to the game. If artifacts are meant to be there own class similar to Mirriordin in magic, I could see the number being closer to that of each color, but my guess is some where around the 40 card mark.

jai151
05-31-2013, 07:55 AM
So I'm not sure if anyone has noticed this and said anything before but it looks like there will be 366 cards in the first PVP set. On the socketed cards page (http://hextcg.com/socketed-cards/) the master beast rider has "HEX 288/366" next to the rarity.

From this I'll assume there are about 58-63 cards of each color, if they keep them balanced this will be between 290-315 cards, dual lands I would place at between 10-15. 10 assuming there is one for every color pair, then some all purpose ones, this number might even be higher since resources are so much more than just resource producers in Hex. This leaves between 36-60 cards for artifacts depending on how important they are to the game. If artifacts are meant to be there own class similar to Mirriordin in magic, I could see the number being closer to that of each color, but my guess is some where around the 40 card mark.

Actually, it would work pretty well if they did 366/6 with the 6th group being artifacts and resources. That would be 61 cards per color and 61 to split between artifacts and resources.

LargoLaGrande
05-31-2013, 08:32 AM
They might be counting alternate art PvP cards as different from the normal art ones making numbers 351-366 not distinct.

MatWith1T
05-31-2013, 08:37 AM
Overcharge has 13 of 20 next to its rarity, so it is difficult to tell if those numbers are something significant, or just a way for programmers & developers to easily reference cards as they implement them into the game. Also don't know if that total number of cards includes alternate arts and token cards you can't actually get in a pack.

Daer
05-31-2013, 08:41 AM
Overcharge is a set bonus card you get from wearing specific equipment. Maybe there are 20 of those cards.

MrCwis
05-31-2013, 09:48 AM
Overcharge is a set bonus card you get from wearing specific equipment. Maybe there are 20 of those cards.

I would agree with this, in magic tokens have there own numbers. Like x/10 meaning there were 10 different tokens in that set.

geddoe
05-31-2013, 09:51 AM
I don't think they are going to have dual lands.

jai151
05-31-2013, 09:55 AM

I think he just meant rare resources. For dual lands, though, we already have a spoiler of a prismatic fixer, so it's not out of the realm of possibility.

houjix
05-31-2013, 09:55 AM

We've already seen one to an extent in the image for the auction house on the KS page.

geddoe
05-31-2013, 10:04 AM
I think he just meant rare resources. For dual lands, though, we already have a spoiler of a prismatic fixer, so it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Do you have a link to prismatic fixer? I haven't seen that one.

We've already seen one to an extent in the image for the auction house on the KS page.

I could be wrong, but that one doesn't look like a dual land to me.

What I am saying is I don't see there being any resources that will supply threshold for more than one color, or else it seems like it'd be too powerful the way the threshold system works. That would be my image a a dual land in this game.

jai151
05-31-2013, 10:23 AM
Do you have a link to prismatic fixer? I haven't seen that one.

It was spoiled by AJ in a thread long since buried, but the card was 0/1 (0 resources on drop, 1 per turn) with a comes into play of add one threshold of your choice.

geddoe
05-31-2013, 10:30 AM
It was spoiled by AJ in a thread long since buried, but the card was 0/1 (0 resources on drop, 1 per turn) with a comes into play of add one threshold of your choice.

Ah, well then, that makes sense for how a dual-resource would work. You just pick one that gets added to threshold. Makes sense that way. Thanks!