PDA

View Full Version : Collector Tier PVP Alt Art cards

geddoe
05-31-2013, 08:56 AM
How many copies of each of the 6 alt art cards does the Collector Tier get?

warstriker
05-31-2013, 08:59 AM
two (total of twelve, all rare or legendary cards)

geddoe
05-31-2013, 09:01 AM
Ok, so this has been confirmed? I was told two, but I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere. Thanks for the response!

jai151
05-31-2013, 09:02 AM
Ok, so this has been confirmed? I was told two, but I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere. Thanks for the response!

It was part of one of the stretch goals.

geddoe
05-31-2013, 09:03 AM
Ah, awesome, thank you. I was looking for it but I guess I didn't look hard enough!

ru2dvs
05-31-2013, 09:04 AM
From Update 16:

Question: Can the +1 Reward at the 660K tier apply to The Collector Tier yearly exclusive alternate art PVP cards?

That makes sense. Yes, enjoy!

So, the 660K +1 tier reward now also includes Kickstarter exclusive PVP rewards and the Collector yearly alternate art PVP cards. I'll update the respective tier images soon to reflect that, as well add both the Dragon's Blood starter deck and the Cardboard Tube Samurai to the Champion tier list which are currently missing.

Brumby66
05-31-2013, 09:05 AM
two (total of twelve, all rare or legendary cards)

Where did they confirm all rare or legendary?

jai151
05-31-2013, 09:06 AM
Where did they confirm all rare or legendary?

In another thread about collector, someone emailed Crypto through the kickstarter and put the response in the thread.

EDIT: From the other thread:

sorry for the late response. I asked CE of course. This was their mail reaction:

Logo.thumb
Cryptozoic Entertainment
Tuesday May 28 2013, 5:09pm EDT

Hello Mark,

They are all rare or legendary cards in the normal set.

Thanks.
Missing_thumb
Mark Doezé
Sunday May 26 2013, 3:59am EDT

Hey CE,

Question about the collectors tier. The alternate cards, are they all rare/legendary cards or not? I suspect they are because of the price tag, but I would appreciate to have some confirmation about it.

Thanks,

Mark

Tyrfang
05-31-2013, 09:09 AM
It'd be great if one of the Alternate Arts were a Spectral Lotus Garden. :)

That said, AAs are only PvP*.

This is the first time I've heard of them only being rare/legendary, though.

*Edit: Yeah, I meant PvP. Brain Fart.

BenRGamer
05-31-2013, 09:13 AM
No, they're all PvP. It specifically states PvP cards.

Gen91
05-31-2013, 09:14 AM
That said, AAs are only PvE.

You mean PvP.

warstriker
05-31-2013, 09:18 AM
No, they're all PvP. It specifically states PvP cards.

Confirmed. They are all pvp and are alle rare or legendary. Dropped one of my pro tiers for this.

Tathel
05-31-2013, 09:21 AM
I kinda wish it was X alternate art cards per set, instead of per year. Although maybe they have a release schedule in mind that will work out the same. (I.E. 3 Sets a year means 3 sets of 2 AA's a year)

geddoe
05-31-2013, 09:23 AM
It'd be great if one of the Alternate Arts were a Spectral Lotus Garden. :)

That said, AAs are only PvP*.

This is the first time I've heard of them only being rare/legendary, though.

*Edit: Yeah, I meant PvP. Brain Fart.

The alt arts are PVP

Tyrfang
Tathel: Personally, I'd rather get something like 4/1/1 or 3/2/1.

First set generally is the largest in a block.

BenRGamer
Yeah, that's what I figure it is. I think the plan is for a set every four months or so, right? So 2 AA cards a set works out perfectly for that.

Tathel
05-31-2013, 09:33 AM
Tathel: Personally, I'd rather get something like 4/1/1 or 3/2/1.

First set generally is the largest in a block.

Yeah that's true, I guess the per year leaves it open so that they could do it either way depending on what they think is coolest in a given block

geddoe
05-31-2013, 09:41 AM
Does anyone know when the first 6 go out to collector's?

nearlysober
05-31-2013, 10:38 AM
Hasn't been confirmed. But since I think they're shooting for about 3 sets per year (in 4 month increments) it maybe that we get 2 per set.

TheMadHatter
05-31-2013, 05:35 PM
Cryptozoic has recently been talking about locking accounts to be unable to collect certain cards. Can anyone confirm that exclusive alternate art PVP cards will be tradable?

ForgedSol
05-31-2013, 05:40 PM
Oh that's great. This is the first I've heard about it being rares/legendary as well.

ramseytheory
05-31-2013, 05:47 PM
Cryptozoic has recently been talking about locking accounts to be unable to collect certain cards. Can anyone confirm that exclusive alternate art PVP cards will be tradable?

They've been talking specifically about doing that with storyline-related PVE cards - I don't think they'd ever do that with PVP cards of any stripe.

Gwaer
05-31-2013, 05:48 PM

...Source?

The only thing you could possibly be talking about that I know of is if you win a dungeon for one specific faction in one specific dungeon you are locked out of ever winning the best card for the opposing faction. Which is totally ridiculous for you to be making statements like this based on.

Mysidia
05-31-2013, 05:51 PM
good news for collector!
i am abit confused on the 2 set of 6 pvp alt art cards per year, any one card to explain?
i thought collectors were supposed to get only 1 set of 6 pvp alt art cards

Brumby66
05-31-2013, 05:52 PM
...Source?

The only thing you could possibly be talking about that I know of is if you win a dungeon for one specific faction in one specific dungeon you are locked out of ever winning the best card for the opposing faction. Which is totally ridiculous for you to be making statements like this based on.

That's what he's talking about. There is no way they would make the AA's untradeable. They listen to their player base and would never do that. Pve won't allow you to get the best cards from each faction. Doing something positive for one faction will have a negative effect on another. This makes sense.

ForgedSol
05-31-2013, 05:52 PM
good news for collector!
i am abit confused on the 2 set of 6 pvp alt art cards per year, any one card to explain?

In an update, the decided to let the 660k Stretch Goal apply to PvP and the yearly AA Collector cards as well. So +1 to each AA card means two copies of each of the 6 cards.

Brumby66
05-31-2013, 05:53 PM
good news for collector!

They extended the 660k stretch goal to apply to the AA yearly cards.

Mysidia
05-31-2013, 05:57 PM
They extended the 660k stretch goal to apply to the AA yearly cards.

hmmm the 660k goal was to provide 1 additional copy of each kickstarter exclusive pve card (excluding lotus), so i dont really get how does it applies to the AA yearly.
or should i just leave it as that collectors will get 2x 6 AA PvP cards yearly? lol

ForgedSol
05-31-2013, 05:59 PM
From Update #16

Question: The 660K tier reward gave us +1 to PVE cards. Can that include PVP cards as well?

Question: Can the +1 Reward at the 660K tier apply to The Collector Tier yearly exclusive alternate art PVP cards?

So, the 660K +1 tier reward now also includes Kickstarter exclusive PVP rewards and the Collector yearly alternate art PVP cards. I'll update the respective tier images soon to reflect that, as well add both the Dragon's Blood starter deck and the Cardboard Tube Samurai to the Champion tier list which are currently missing.

(I'd say it makes some sense if you want to fudge the spirit of Stretch goal to make it fit, and say that since PvP cards are playable in PvE, they also count.)

DeusPhasmatis
05-31-2013, 05:59 PM

What? The closest thing I heard was that certain characters (i.e. your PvE champion) would be locked to particular factions and you'd have to roll up a different character to get the other faction's cards.

Tyrfang
05-31-2013, 06:00 PM
What? The closest thing I heard was that certain characters (i.e. your PvE champion) would be locked to particular factions and you'd have to roll up a different character to get the other faction's cards.

Yeah, Cory said it's going to be impossible to get all the cards on one account. (Faction related PvE cards)

The statement was made earlier in the podcast linked in the KS update.

DeusPhasmatis
05-31-2013, 06:05 PM
Yeah, Cory said it's going to be impossible to get all the cards on one account. (Faction related PvE cards)

:'(

whythelastman
05-31-2013, 06:09 PM
Yes, I just listened to the podcast today. During PVE, each player has to choose between going with giant squirrels or dinosaurs. No joke :)

katkillad
05-31-2013, 08:21 PM
I'll get all the cards you watch me... ALL the cards.

Gorgol
05-31-2013, 08:25 PM
I wonder if the squirrel or dinosaur is tradeable? The way he said it probably not though.

whythelastman
05-31-2013, 08:49 PM
I wonder if the squirrel or dinosaur is tradeable? The way he said it probably not though.

Accounts with one may not be able to own the other--I'm assuming something built in?

Gorgol
05-31-2013, 08:52 PM
Accounts with one may not be able to own the other--I'm assuming something built in?
Yeah, seems like easiest solution for them to ensure thatI suppose.

Avignon
05-31-2013, 08:53 PM

I heard each "character" as opposed to "account". I think that refers to your actual Hero that you are using.

Tyrfang
05-31-2013, 09:06 PM
He specifically said "account".

ForgedSol
05-31-2013, 09:09 PM
Well... side benefit from all the people picking up a GK/Collector and Collector/DC and keeping them separate for the drafts? They can use separate accounts to get the different cards.

Daer
05-31-2013, 09:11 PM
He said several times in the podcast it was based on account.

Tyrfang
05-31-2013, 09:12 PM
Well... side benefit from all the people picking up a GK/Collector and Collector/DC and keeping them separate for the drafts? They can use separate accounts to get the different cards.

As if multi-pledgers needed more side-benefits. :rolleyes:

ForgedSol
05-31-2013, 09:26 PM
Yeah I know. Restricting cards per account pretty much encourages making multiple accounts. That's just one more reason for me to not combine.

Gorgol
05-31-2013, 09:33 PM
We don't even know if they're tradeable. If not then there isn't a reason for another account. Though if they are, then yes 2 accounts will be required for some people.

ForgedSol
05-31-2013, 09:35 PM
But that's exactly why to have a second account. If you want to play with the other cards, you can't trade for them, you have to create another account.

IndigoShade
05-31-2013, 09:36 PM
The fact that the man flat out said having all of the PvE cards will literally be impossible should indicate that they aren't tradeable. Strongly indicate. As in, an indication that is strong.

Madican
05-31-2013, 09:37 PM
Can't say I like the idea of not being able to get every card. I mean it's a TCG, I want to collect everything I can, even if it means I have to trade around or buy from the AH.

Kietay
05-31-2013, 10:03 PM
Its only impossible to get all PvE cards because you have to side with certain factions which provide you with special cards of their own. They are probably few and far between. It is a little weird that you cant trade them but most of the cards will be tradable.

Rapkannibale
06-01-2013, 01:28 AM
I definitely heard him say account as well but it does seem it would lead to some weird use cases. For example, if you play the Arena with one champion and then play it with a different champion on the same account, will all the "star players" already be unlocked? Will you already be locked in to the same side as the one you chose with the first champion? Are the dungeons with choices like that only playable once per account?

It will be interesting to see how they handle this. It is a but strange that they build it this way because it will definitely encourage multiple accounts per player, which will muddle their active user numbers, unless they equate unique IP address with user numbers but that is not a perfect solution either since there are dynamic iP addresses etc.

Personally I would prefer if these choices were per champion and it just means you need to play though again with a different one to get all the cards, but if that isn't the case I will definitely have at least two accounts to at least see all the story content and different cards.

TheMadHatter
06-01-2013, 06:16 PM
I wonder if Cory was speaking more in theory than reality. For example, it is difficult but possible to ensure everyone only uses one account (I think). However that would not really benefit anyone to my knowledge. Instead, it seems like the game is being made a particular way to facilitate a particular play-though and community experience. Those who care more about having all the cards, more power to them, go make accounts and do your PVE thing. However, I believe Hex may end up being much more like MTG in that the professional community will be balanced and encourage players to identify with one primary account, guild, etc.

Kroan
07-21-2013, 04:24 PM
Bump.

It would be very nice to get a sneak peek at one or two of the promo's collector can expect. :o pretty please?

Shadowelf
07-21-2013, 05:59 PM
Bump.

It would be very nice to get a sneak peek at one or two of the promo's collector can expect. :o pretty please?

Too early; I bet that they themselves are waiting to see what is playable or in demand before they finally decide

Kroan
07-22-2013, 12:57 AM
Too early; I bet that they themselves are waiting to see what is playable or in demand before they finally decide
You think so? I would think they already assigned the art to the artist when they created the card. That's how Wizards most of the times creates promo's.

Shadowelf
07-22-2013, 05:11 AM
You think so? I would think they already assigned the art to the artist when they created the card. That's how Wizards most of the times creates promo's.

I want to believe that given the unique nature of collector's perk, that they will be more selective towards they cards they offer. And besides 2 AA per 4 months is not that much of work for any artist; and if it is then they can always assign more than one .

Turtlewing
07-22-2013, 10:29 AM

Wizards has to do print runs. It's easier to slip in AA cards in the digital medium.

That said I'd agree that the set one cards are at least, probably already chosen.

nearlysober
07-22-2013, 10:38 AM
Not sure I want them spoiled in advance. I kind of want the surprise of getting them when they're given out.

Granted... they'll still be mini-spoiled because someone will undoubtedly login & take screenshots before I get home from work... but I'm ok with that too.

Also, keep in mind only a small subset of the potential overall player base will be collectors or higher. So posting these in a news article as preview cards will disappoint non-collectors.

Zarien
07-22-2013, 01:24 PM
Wizards has to do print runs. It's easier to slip in AA cards in the digital medium.

That said I'd agree that the set one cards are at least, probably already chosen.

I don't know, I have to agree with shadow here. I think they will probably be more selective with at least some of the AA cards. Do I think they have an idea of which ones they would want to do, and probably have some drawn up just in-case? Yes. But I do think they will wait and see if one or two cards stand out among all the others when everyone plays them to add them to the collector bunch.

Hieronymous
04-23-2014, 08:23 AM
I wonder if we'll be getting the first of these with the release today or if we'll have to wait till later.

Xenavire
04-23-2014, 08:28 AM
Wow, that is an epic necro. So much so, that I don't even remember this thread.

Shaqattaq
04-23-2014, 08:29 AM
Don't necro threads, please. Locked.

Hieronymous
04-23-2014, 08:29 AM
Sorry, it was sort of an obscure question and this was the most directly relevant thread I saw. I've been away for a while!