PDA

View Full Version : Hearthstone Forums Now Created From WoWhead

Stok3d
05-31-2013, 09:59 AM
8,000,000 - 10,000,000 ppl play WoW and the location they go for info is wowhead. Well, looks like wowhead just took on Hearthstone as can be seen HERE (http://www.wowhead.com/news=213412.3/introducing-hearthstone-at-wowhead#p3437235).

I'm extremely frustrated right now at CZE (yes you too Cory) for not putting together a dmn contest on wowhead yet about Hex. I even made a thread about doing that a few weeks ago. You've done some nice contests there for wowtcg and should have another give away where the contestants have to answer a few questions about Hex and submit them on the hextcg homepage.

Our forums need some serious updating to accommodate this game coming out. I was really hoping that maybe wowhead would take this game on and create something nice for us. I'm very perturbed to see that it's Hearthstone that they instead are working with.

Please give your supporters some reassurance that you're going to do some advertising on wowhead and spruce up these forums so we can do mouseovers on cards. You're missing a critical opportunity here. I mentioned Hex in forum already--I'm not missing mine. Oh yeah, looks like Hearthstone didn't miss theirs either with their contest (http://www.wowhead.com/news=213721/comment-to-win-armored-bloodwing-giveaway).

Joolz
05-31-2013, 10:04 AM
I was excited that the Curse network started up a wikki. Having these large 3rd party developers do these types of sites is very very nice. Not that the individuals in our fast growing community aren't great but this sites specialize in the types of things Hex needs. I was really really hoping the Zam network (that does wowhead) was going to do a "hexhead" because that tool is fantastic but seeing them start a Hearthstone one probably isn't a good sign.

Avedecus
05-31-2013, 10:09 AM
Wowhead has nothing to do with Hex. The people they should go to if they want a database like that is ZAM.

Stok3d
05-31-2013, 10:13 AM
Wowhead has nothing to do with Hex. The people they should go to if they want a database like that is ZAM.

ZAM is the umbrella company. I would LOVE for them to take on Hex as a project. Feel free to show your support on this thread (http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=213771&p=3437291) if you agree.

MatWith1T
05-31-2013, 10:34 AM
Blizzards not running the contest, Wowhead is giving away WoW swag to bump awareness of their own Hearthstone database product. There is no giveaway for anything Hearthstone related, and it seems that Blizzard is not involved in this promo in any way.
It also makes a ton of sense for Wowhead to take on a WoW-themed project as opposed to Hex.

In 100% agreement with you that ZAM is a great place to do marketing, but the Wowhead brand is not the only or best way to do it. And ZAM is already doing a HEX giveaway (though its kinda buried in their site layout)

http://www.zam.com/contests/hex.html

gilby123
05-31-2013, 10:44 AM
Also, Hearthstone is much further in the dev process than Hex.
IMO, though, the two are apples and oranges. I've played Hearthstone. It's like a watered down version of the WOW TCG. I saw very little at all innovative. It's just a simple TCG with the WoW license slapped on.
Hex looks FAR deeper in both overall gameplay and in the card play/mechanics.

Stok3d
05-31-2013, 10:47 AM
The amount of marketing power Wowhead has is insane for Gaming MMOs. Also, a new patch just came out and everyone is actually using Wowhead right now for tips.

That contest is $250 total in prizes and they'll have more submissions in a few days than all backers for this game already. I guarantee you if Hex throws down $1000 in prizes that they'll get over 1000x that back in ppl backing this project. It's all that I'm trying to get done.

kirkwb
05-31-2013, 10:50 AM
This is the dumbest thing I've ever read in my life. The Forum you're asking them to work with is called WOWHEAD ffs. WTF does Hex have to do with WoW related forums?

Genocidal
05-31-2013, 10:50 AM
I'm not seeing the reason that a Warcraft fan community should be sponsoring this game over a Warcraft-themed game, though getting recognition on the front page of Curse and support from them is a step in the right direction.

I do agree that the forums need updated with a better feature set, and variable width, among other things. But I think that's a separate, unrelated topic.

Stok3d
05-31-2013, 11:01 AM
Before a lot of ppl start flying off the handle here, I directed this conversation directly to CZE as my target audience. I realize they know what I'm talking about. That was my error not to take Non-WoW ppl into account. Because of this, let me be a little more descriptive.

CZE has a website called wowtcg.com and they often times do various contests for wowhead where they give away promotional loot from special inserts of the wow trading card game they make. These are the prizes I'm suggesting--these promo codes that unlock WoW loot. Also, the front page of wowhead changes at least weekly. The company who owns wowhead, ZAM, sells that real estate for advertisement. Yes, I'm talking the entire page. What one of the MILLIONS of WoW players see when they go to this page is a search box, a small box giving a few WoW recent articles, and the entire rest of the screen usually about some game that's about to come out.

Now you ask "Why should we care about this website?" Again, it's the number 1 place that upto 10million MMO Players go for in game help on a very frequent basis. I'm sure everyone here realizes that Hex is a hybrid TCG-MMO right? The best place to expand our MMO player base right now is to look there IMO. It pulls the greatest numbers.

Hope this sheds a little light on what I'm trying to convey. BTW: MMO-Champion did a piece on Hex and I'm living proof that WoW players can be coaxed over to Hex...

Avedecus
05-31-2013, 11:37 AM
While I don't think you'll be seeing any Hex contests on Wowhead, I don't doubt we'll be seeing some very heavy advertising there.

Madican
05-31-2013, 12:27 PM
There was a Hex contest showcased on Wowhead already. It's in the stickied Hex information compilation topic.

Sci3nce
05-31-2013, 12:36 PM
Completely Unrelated Comment Inc!

Why does Hogger (Level 10 Elite) hit harder than Al'Akir (Level 85 Raid Boss).... Whudafxup!!!

Stok3d
05-31-2013, 12:54 PM
Completely Unrelated Comment Inc!

Why does Hogger (Level 10 Elite) hit harder than Al'Akir (Level 85 Raid Boss).... Whudafxup!!!

Prolly cause Hogger scored more total player kills than most any other elite there in existence :)

Fireblast
05-31-2013, 12:55 PM
During/After Beta they'll work on an hexhead for sure

~

gilby123
05-31-2013, 02:05 PM
During/After Beta they'll work on an hexhead for sure

~

This.

Yes, they can start early with advertising and likely will AFTER the KS is done and they're funded, but it'll be a ramp up of advertising over time. They're just not ready to go full-bore advertising and promotions this early in the process.

Joolz
05-31-2013, 03:46 PM
I think I may have gone slightly off topic for the thread. I was merely talking about how wowhead is doing wowhead type functionality for hearthstone (their card viewer). I would like to see a "hexhead" that does the same thing that wowhead does, listing boss loot, talent calculator, etc. The fact that they're doing similar functionality for hearthstone may make it less likely they do one for Hex since they take up similar competition space (though in a lot of ways so does WoW).

Lazybum
05-31-2013, 03:53 PM
BTW: MMO-Champion did a piece on Hex and I'm living proof that WoW players can be coaxed over to Hex...

read about hex on mmo-champion as well and that is what led me to becoming backer

Erebus
05-31-2013, 03:56 PM
I'm confused about what you are saying?

ZAM is doing a promotional giveaway for KS rewards.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=213414/zam-and-cryptozoic-hex-kickstarter-giveaway

They also claimed in a different article.

http://gamasutra.com/blogs/ZoranCunningham/20130530/193030/Cryptozoic_Entertainment_on_designing_HEX_the_worl ds_first_digital_MMOTCG.php

That they plan to put inserts promoting this game into their other games as well.

So what exactly is it you are asking for?

Crystalis
05-31-2013, 04:48 PM
Unfortunately that contest is over, even if the rules provided an impossible date of when entries ended.