PDA

View Full Version : Non-Raid Multiplayer

Swordmage
05-31-2013, 11:14 AM
Hey people,

I'm trying to convince a few friends to get in on the PvE side of Hex. Our concern is with Raids.

When we hear raids, we think WoW style endgame content. I have a couple of friends who would like to progress through the story and missions together, like in a normal MMO. Has there ever been an announcement for multiplayer dungeons? Failing that, will there be raids adapted for all levels of play? I also think of lower quantities available when I hear raids. It would bite if the only real co-op multiplayer was 5 or 6 high level raids that we all have to grind up to on our own.

I bring this up because these friends are casual card players, and wouldn't necessarily be interested in solo-grinding dungeons for level ups and cards just to be able to raid together. It would be amazing if there was a comprehensive multiplayer experience, from level 1 to level max. Think dungeons where two people can split up and take different paths and affect each others games, or maybe just normal dungeons where you have two or three players at once. Gaming is the best and often the only way I can keep in touch with my American friends back home, and I'd hate to see them not play Hex with me because they prefer to play whatever else we can all hop on instead of a limited MMO here!

CZE, I hope we see as much effort put into the M and M as we do the OTCG!

Massabik
05-31-2013, 11:21 AM
I feeling I get from everything I've read is that you will unlock Raids after beating Dungeons. Now, whether or not there will be a 1 - 1 ratio of Raids/Dungeons is something that hasn't been touched on. I do think there will be a variety of Raid levels, as it doesn't make sense just to have them all at max level for PvE.

Swordmage
05-31-2013, 11:25 AM
But would everyone have to have finished a dungeon in order for us to raid? I would really hate to say, "Hey, guys! Let's Hex this weekend! Ready to grind for 4 hours every night for a week so we can play together for 4 hours on Saturday?"

MatWith1T
05-31-2013, 11:26 AM
Hex Dungeons are the WoW equivalent of solo questing.
Raids are fairly similar to WoW dungeons, simply in regards to party size.
There's be no discussion of plans for a multiplayer encounter in the same scale of a WoW raid. I hope they exist at some point.

So while most WoW players hear 'raid' and think 'endgame,' it might be easier to think of them as WoW dungeons with prerequisites.

ramseytheory
05-31-2013, 11:31 AM
I believe it's been confirmed that the endgame will consist of both dungeons and raids, and that currently raids are the only co-op PVE stuff. (They've said they might introduce other types, but this would be post-launch and is still very much in the idea stage.)

Swordmage
05-31-2013, 12:28 PM
Glad to see today's article is PvE related! I just wish they had some non-super hard raids. Looks like we'll have to accept frustration if we want to play together :/ We had originally planned to have 4 champions, then I went to king and they dropped to knight, and now the more information that gets revealed about PvE, the more I lose. Down to two squires, one dropped entirely, and one king. :'(

MisterBurkes
05-31-2013, 12:34 PM
There are currently only solo dungeons and 3-man raids announced. Perhaps they will add co-op dungeons eventually.