PDA

View Full Version : The reason for non-stackable drafts

Mishulo
05-31-2013, 11:27 AM
I was wondering why drafts should not be stackable.
First and foremost, let's make it clear: I gave up on Pro Player / Grand King, and I settled with 2 250$ pledges (Collector and Dungeon Crawler).
If I merge the two accounts, I'm going to end up with the benefits of both pledges on the same account... but on the other hand I'm going to lose a year's worth of drafts.
If I do not merge the two accounts, but I just end up trading for free (gifting, I should say) everything from account A to account B... I'm going to have all privileges of both accounts, including the two free drafts every week!

I do not think this is going to work with all 250$ tiers - I think +100% loot, +1 card in hand and +10% exp are account-bound - but this means that Collector can be added to most other pledges without losing that much.

Am I right? or am I horribly mistaken?

jai151
05-31-2013, 11:34 AM
They made it non-stackable so the folks who multipledge wouldn't do so with the other tiers for draft purposes. They wanted to make the other options in the tier more attractive while still having them go to people who want the main benefits.

Collector, you would be fairly safe with it in a second account, you'd just have to make a handful of trades a year

Chance
05-31-2013, 11:38 AM
dude why did you give up grand king for those two? I dont really think thats cost effective =(

ramseytheory
05-31-2013, 11:40 AM
If they were stackable, Grand Kings would be getting 6 free drafts per week for the whole of our first year. Not that I'm opposed to that, mind you... :)

jai151
05-31-2013, 11:40 AM
I think he means gave up on getting (sniping) them

Sci3nce
05-31-2013, 12:16 PM
dude why did you give up grand king for those two? I dont really think thats cost effective =(

Why reply just to negatively judge another players decisions, and not even address the question?

@Mishulo Ya, you can easily pass the Collector "bonuses" to your DC account. Same can be done with the Guild Master (just have the account in your guild).

Chance
05-31-2013, 03:41 PM
because Jai had already answered and I wanted to hear his reasoning?

@Jai ahh that would make sense :p

Marsden
05-31-2013, 03:45 PM
I'm wondering about something similar. I'm at (E)K + GK and I want to add a Collector for the full playset of alt-art cards.
My girlfriend is also getting something....really, I'd be happy with GK+Collector and her having the King.

But it makes more sense for me to take GK+K and her to have the Collector and pass me the alt-art cards.

Mishulo
05-31-2013, 04:14 PM
Yeah, sorry if it was not clear. I got tired of sniping, I have a hard work and I couldn't spend more tha a couple of days doing that routine...

nearlysober
05-31-2013, 04:48 PM
Cory mentioned that it was not their intention for people to buy up multiple rewards.

But early on, they said they would allow stacking it and they stuck to their word.

They made the 1 year free draft non-stackable because they didn't want people buying 4x the rewards just to get free cards.

Yeah, they'd get the money still. But they'd rather have 4 new players than 1 player hording 4 rewards.

Avignon
05-31-2013, 06:28 PM
I have 2 x Pro Player tier at the moment. Was thinking of going to a Dungeon Crawler and keeping 1 x Pro Player tier, but the thing stopping me is not getting the 12 month free drafts by doing so. I wondered if after 12 months I could combine them but figure this would just be skirting around the rules that have been set. Would be ultra cool if they made it so that I could stack the two if they aren't sold with 2 days left. Maybe Grand King might be better... hmm.

RanaDunes
05-31-2013, 06:36 PM
The problem is not about the drafts themselves, it's about drafting for the next BLOCK (which you shouldn't have privilege to). The drafting deal was for the first block (first year, 3 sets aka first block) you can draft.

What's fair to ask for is, make it so when you combine both accounts you draft TWICE a week for a year. Which is what you DO get if you don't get your accounts merged :)

Asking for free draft for block #2 (because you are merging two non-PP tiers) is a very big privilege ;)

That's why PP tier is TOOOO good.