PDA

View Full Version : CZE has won me over, yet I might drop Primal (official answers included)

whythelastman
05-31-2013, 11:30 AM
I'm aware that answers for various questions are floating about, but for peace of mind, I asked some questions directly via the KS "Contact me" link and was very pleased with the responses I received from CZE. As a company they have won me over.

My set of questions:

Friday May 31 2013, 11:38am EDT
Thanks for such an awesome game! Here are some questions rolling around in my head before I finalize my pledge decision.

1) I've read differing opinions on the forums and in the comments section on Kickstarter so I needed some clarification: will you allow a single person to own multiple accounts?

2) If yes, will free trading between them be an issue? (For example, one will be overpowered/spoiled while the other(s) will be the gift(s) that keep(s) on giving).

3) If no, would it be an issue if I gave my girlfriend money to get her own account and played hers part-time while I played mine full-time? It would be her account, with the understanding that I'd "help her level up" and ensure she didn't waste any free weekly drafts.

4) Word on the street seems to be that Collector will receive 6 x 2 = 12 exclusive AA PVP cards each year for some reason. My impression is that 6 was the number. Am I missing something?

5) May I have permission to copy-paste your answers in the official forums to help others with similar questions / concerns?

I appreciate your time and help, especially during this busy time. Excited to back you fine folks (second KS ever for me).

First CZE Response:

Friday May 31 2013, 1:01pm EDT

Hello Anthony,

Wow, a Primal backer! Thanks so much for your support!

On to your questions!

1) Each account you have will need a separate method of payment, that is our requirement.

2) There already is peer-to-peer trading (in addition to the Auction House and Mail system), so you'll have the ability to transfer items between accounts easily.

3) Our EULA will state that you can't share account info. This is really an important thing to us and protects us from fraud. But since you can just transfer items between you and your wife's accounts you should not have need of both of you using the same account.

4) The link to us doubling the reward is here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts/490603

5) Sure, you can share this!

Thanks for the questions!

My unnecessary, guilt-ridden advance apology (I have been accused by many of being too apologetic and very TMI, but I can't help it):

Thanks so much for taking the time out to answer my questions. Aside from the lovely, fantastic, amazing, ohmygoodness stuff I've seen from you fine folks (feels as if you read my innermost desires and decided to make a game out of them), your generous response to the growing HEX community has made me an inspired fan.

Which makes me feel sad to say I very well might have to drop Primal and go on to smaller tiers. Agh, really wish I could continue but I need to play it smart and support within my means moving forward. I hope this doesn't tarnish my reputation in your collective eyes!

Sorry to waste your time, just wanted to be upfront after you answered all my questions. I hope to play and support CZE for a long time and bring others along for the ride.

Second CZE Response

Friday May 31 2013, 1:43pm EDT
Hey Anthony,

Don't worry about it, real life is important and controlling your impulses, even through it means my daughter can't go to school now, is a commendable thing.

Ok, I'm kidding :-)

Still want to thank you for your support and positive influence with our new community!

I know we might not agree with their approach or decisions or whatever at times, but I feel like this game that I want to invest heavily in, time and money, is in capable and passionate hands (did I just write that?).

So more likely than not, I'll drop Primal and go multi-$250 tiers. Bring on Alpha!

(Sorry for such a personalized post, but wanted to share.)

dogmod
05-31-2013, 11:40 AM
+1

NaryaDL0re
05-31-2013, 12:31 PM
simple way to make up for it, bring a LOT more people =), no one will ever blame you, and many will thank you.

hexinggems
05-31-2013, 12:59 PM
Wish there was a thanks feature on this forum...thanks!

whythelastman
05-31-2013, 01:28 PM
@dogmod and @hexinggems: thanks!

@NaryaDL0re: thank you. I definitely need to wrangle up some more players :)

stiii
05-31-2013, 01:46 PM
So do we know why they are so set on having a method of payment per account? Why can someone with ten credit cards have ten accounts?

Chance
05-31-2013, 01:50 PM
I think its to attempt to limit people from massively taking advantage of the system. I.E when we get a referral system they don't want people botting that, or they don't want people running full drafts or tournaments. I believe they are okay with the idea of having multiple accounts as long as its within discretion. In short use your head.

BossHoss
05-31-2013, 01:52 PM
Congratulations on getting married in between your question and their response! ;p

OP_Kyle
05-31-2013, 01:56 PM
Congratulations on getting married in between your question and their response! ;p

You didn't know I was an ordained minister?

BossHoss
05-31-2013, 02:03 PM
You didn't know I was an ordained minister?

Uh oh... who is going to run the funeral after you fight a bear?

LexC
05-31-2013, 02:18 PM
What is meant by a "separate method of payment"?

Does this apply to the Game account that I'm creating, so each account has a different card attached to it? (in case I want to subscribe to the VIP program and/or buy more Platinum)

Or does this apply to two different Kickstarter accounts I've created, so I can't use the same Amazon account if I want to put them on separate Game accounts?

I hope this makes sense, for some reason tonight I am unable to articulate myself properly lol

Chance
05-31-2013, 02:19 PM
bears don't need funerals!

whythelastman
05-31-2013, 02:33 PM

Haha yes I will have to show my wi-- err, girlfriend this later.

Btw Boss, are you going Producer?

BossHoss
05-31-2013, 02:55 PM
Haha yes I will have to show my wi-- err, girlfriend this later.

Btw Boss, are you going Producer?

Still torn, but been leaning further towards sticking with the DL/GK/PP/PP... My experience in talking with CZE has been just as awesome as yours

ForgedSol
05-31-2013, 03:30 PM
I'm also torn. I'm less likely to stick with Primal than I was yesterday. Unless I can sell more of my Vintage and Legacy cards with cash in hand by the deadline, it looks like I'm going to have to give up three Grand Kings. So it's not about just paying more to get a vanity card and custom sleeves, but also about giving up drafts, AA cards, spectral lotuses, and everything else. If I only had the one Grand King it would be a lock to upgrade. Now I just don't know. Still... I have a week to decide.

(If I had the money I'd definitely go Producer. Constructed is my favorite format.)

Lazybum
05-31-2013, 03:43 PM
cant think of anyone who has not been happy with a response from the actual team who are behind this game at all. really does seem like they are doing all they can to answer all questions and trying to please everyone

ForgedSol
05-31-2013, 03:46 PM
Oh yeah, their responses are always quick and they are always helpful. If I had to give up just one grand king to turn into a primal tier, I'd do that in a heartbeat. If had to give up two Grand Kings, still very possible. If it means giving up three Grand Kings, that's where the decision becomes hard.

NaryaDL0re
05-31-2013, 03:49 PM
no real 2 cents on the topic, it being so dependent on money payouts.
However as with anyone I d really appreciate and announcement for the Grand Kings.
I have 2 friends right now that would realy like to donate for GK or PP and are
torn to donate for anything else above king really.

ForgedSol
05-31-2013, 03:52 PM
I am not going to make any final decision probably until the last day. But sure I'll announce it if I decide to let go of some. But that will probably make it harder to get, since everyone will know when.

whythelastman
05-31-2013, 05:14 PM
@Boss and @Lazy: Glad to hear how consistent it's been. Really encourages me to invest in the game, but also, in the consumer-company relationship. Boss, that quartet sounds awesome. For me, the vanity rewards aren't a huge sell; for what it's worth, I would lean in the same direction as you.

@Forged: Making the decision is certainly tough--first world problem? But I think I'd personally hold onto multiple GKs just to stack the free lifetime drafts each week :) Not to mention, full play sets of AA PvP cards.

@Narya: I hope you're not waiting on an announcement for more GKs. CZE said this on the KS comment section:

Here's where I'm leaning in terms of "downgrading" from Primal: 2 Collectors, 1 DC, and maaaaybe a King. I'd multi-account the $250-tiers, with the DC being my main. If I added King, I'd merge that with DC.

Genocidal
05-31-2013, 05:23 PM
I don't have a source for this because of how much info I've looked through, but I read that merging is an all or nothing thing. Something to maybe keep in mind.

Gwaer
05-31-2013, 05:44 PM
I don't have a source for this because of how much info I've looked through, but I read that merging is an all or nothing thing. Something to maybe keep in mind.
Actually they said the opposite, you can merge whatever combination of pledges you like. but the pledges you do decide to merge you can't split benefits around, that part is all or nothing.

Talreth
05-31-2013, 05:44 PM
Actually they said the opposite, you can merge whatever combination of pledges you like. but the pledges you do decide to merge you can't split benefits around, that part is all or nothing.

So does that make us friends with benefits?

ForgedSol
05-31-2013, 05:47 PM
@Boss and @Lazy: Glad to hear how consistent it's been. Really encourages me to invest in the game, but also, in the consumer-company relationship. Boss, that quartet sounds awesome. For me, the vanity rewards aren't a huge sell; for what it's worth, I would lean in the same direction as you.

@Forged: Making the decision is certainly tough--first world problem? But I think I'd personally hold onto multiple GKs just to stack the free lifetime drafts each week :) Not to mention, full play sets of AA PvP cards.

@Narya: I hope you're not waiting on an announcement for more GKs. CZE said this on the KS comment section:

Here's where I'm leaning in terms of "downgrading" from Primal: 2 Collectors, 1 DC, and maaaaybe a King. I'd multi-account the $250-tiers, with the DC being my main. If I added King, I'd merge that with DC.

Absolutely a first world problem, but if I end up going primal I will end up making one or more people happy because of freeing up some GK slots... which will help their first world problem(s).

And that sounds like a very reasonable set of tiers to combine. (I would absolutely add the King. I'd prefer to not have odd numbers of the exclusives.)

whythelastman
05-31-2013, 06:11 PM
Ah! I did not take into account how it would affect others. Great point!