PDA

View Full Version : Exclamation Points and Question Marks

Shaqattaq
05-31-2013, 11:40 AM
By Michael Kirchhoff

To put an RPG spin on an old expression: “Those who can't do, are quest givers.”

http://hextcg.com/exclamation-points-and-question-marks/

Tyrfang
05-31-2013, 11:50 AM
Awesome - PvE info, thanks. :)

Like the way the PvE half of the game is fleshing out.'

Faction Question: If you unlock a faction card (say, a card from The Ashen) using one character, can all of your champions (such as one who joined the Horns) use it in their decks? Or will there be a reputation requirement to playing certain cards? Also, are they tradeable?

CoolGrayAJ
05-31-2013, 12:09 PM
Life Siphon with the Legendary equipment has my name written all over it! @_@

Gregzilla
05-31-2013, 12:40 PM
Mine too, heh. Also, Chronic Madness could get crazy. And does anyone else think the dude in the picture of it looks a little like Stark from Farscape?

herman
05-31-2013, 12:42 PM
I can't wait to get my hands to this game. Also Life Siphon calls me.

TheMadHatter
05-31-2013, 12:52 PM
Does anyone know if the PVE instances change over time, or will they be static and build upon like WoW? In that way encouraging everyone to acquire the same reward pve cards to advance.

Avignon
05-31-2013, 04:11 PM
Void Society Cognac + Tessa Black = win?

WaylandX
05-31-2013, 04:50 PM
I love Phat Lewt!! As I've said before to I cant wait to try Raiding in this game!

Corpselocker
05-31-2013, 04:53 PM
*applauds* This continues to make me think I am seriously underestimating the lure PvE will have over me.

Gregzilla
05-31-2013, 09:48 PM
Void Society Cognac + Tessa Black = win?

Tessa Black?

ShaolinRaven
05-31-2013, 09:50 PM
The more I hear about the PvE the more awesome it sounds. I'm going to be really into the competitive PvP scene, but I'll also want to be exploring every nook and cranny of Entrath on the PvE side. It is kind of weird, in a great way, to be excited about a PvE environment for a TCG.

clorox
05-31-2013, 09:57 PM
Oh man.. Chronic Madness with that Deranged Footwear. If you had an Eye of Creation....

Zomnivore
06-01-2013, 01:27 AM
I would hope that guild quests could be a thing... if that happened in the pve environment so that if your members are more casual that still benefits the guild in some form.

adam3b58
06-01-2013, 10:28 AM
will we be able to complete the quests with friends/guildmates? or is it structured to be solo'd only?

Kirian
06-01-2013, 08:06 PM
"One dungeon is set up as a murder mystery where the killer is a different character each time you play it."

That's just plain awesome.

QuantumZeruul
06-01-2013, 11:59 PM
This article mentioned upgrades to your Keep as being a possible reward. Have they mentioned a player's keep prior to this as being something that can be modified? Or even what the Keep is?

Taurentipper
06-02-2013, 01:46 AM
How many raids will there be. thats all im interested in and how often will new content for raids come out. If this game is here to keep me from re subscribing to WoW and forgettting about this game it needs to have a good amount of PVE fun that i can share with my friends.

alpha5099
06-02-2013, 08:16 AM
This article mentioned upgrades to your Keep as being a possible reward. Have they mentioned a player's keep prior to this as being something that can be modified? Or even what the Keep is?

They're probably referring to Keep Defense, a game mode that we unlocked through a stretch goal a while back.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts/486382

QuantumZeruul
06-02-2013, 08:03 PM
Ahh, that makes sense in after thought. Thanks for pointing that out.

wayne
06-06-2013, 09:56 AM
Does the "your" in Void Society Cognac refer to the original caster of the spell or the controller of the troop? For example, if I cast VSC on an opposing troop at the end of my opponent's turn, do I gain control of the creature at the beginning of my turn, or at the beginning of my opponent's turn?

Justinkp
06-08-2013, 03:01 AM
r.taq;232114]By Michael Kirchhoff

To put an RPG spin on an old expression: “Those who can't do, are quest givers.”

http://hextcg.com/exclamation-points-and-question-marks/[/QUOTE]

I'm really loving the way that PvE is shaping up, both quests and raids, especially the fact that challenges are often developed like puzzles that may require specific deck building and that not all of these challenges are combat related (sailing to to the kraken, solving a murder mystery, etc.), there's so many possibilities.

There's a couple points in the article that I didn't agree with though. First, a minor point. Quote: Quests are the bread and butter of any MMO...
This isn't true, sandbox games going back to Ultima Online, the first real MMO except for maybe Meridian 59, often have no quests, certainly not in the traditional sense. I for one would like some challenges that aren't necessarily quests or raids but things we just stumble into or things with more of a sandbox feel though this seems unlikely with the game's design

Also, quote: we want you actually playing the game, not holding down your “W” button for 10 minutes as you run from the quest giver to the monster’s lair.
Oddly this comes shortly after a reference to "you explorer types". A lot of people consider travel around the world part of the game and it can make an MMO feel like a real world, something I feel that instant travel can detract from. In this game I recognize that the standard running around wouldn't work very well, especially at this point in the design but it would be awesome if travel could somehow be implemented through a card game where the end result isn't necessarily getting immediately to your destination but could include things like getting lost, fighting random encounters, finding secret locations and NOCs and getting other quests S well as learning more about the world. This may require a special "travel" deck and if implemented well could add a lot to the game in my opinion. I know this won't be in at release but its something to think about for expansions. It could add another play style the game appeals to.

Anything that lets us explore and interact with the world more, especially in noncombat ways would be a big plus for me and I like the idea of specialized decks for travel, social interaction with NPCs, crafting (depending how that works) and whatever else you can think of-varisty and depth is good.

I think the team is doing a great job on aspects of the game I wasn't sure would be very appealing and it makes me greedy for more. I'd be curious what other ideas people have in this vein.

Justin