PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions for the Vets here

Moondancer
05-31-2013, 11:52 AM
1. Do we know if we will be able to draft outside of draft tournaments. Like if i get 4 of my buddies together that have packs can we draft?

2. Side-boarding is there side-boarding between games? I haven't seen it any videos or mentioned.

3. I assume PvP is best of 3 games but is PvE the same?

any information would be amazing.

OmarEpps
05-31-2013, 11:56 AM
Moondancer, welcome to the forums :)

Tinuvas
05-31-2013, 11:57 AM
1. They have mentioned that as a future feature they would like to work with. No guarantees for now.

2. They will have sideboards. Details sketchy

3. Implications are that PvE will NOT be best of 3. You die in a dungeon, you get a 'death mark'. 3 death marks and you start over. Implications are that PvP WILL be best of 3. No absolutely confirmed details.

jai151
05-31-2013, 11:58 AM
Unfortunately, none of those questions have been directly answered to my knowledge. However, the guys have been VERY responsive if contacted through the Kickstarter campaign. You could try asking them directly.

Let us know if you do!

Fireblast
05-31-2013, 11:59 AM
1. They have mentioned that as a future feature they would like to work with. No guarantees for now.

2. They will have sideboards. Details sketchy

3. Implications are that PvE will NOT be best of 3. You die in a dungeon, you get a 'death mark'. 3 death marks and you start over. Implications are that PvP WILL be best of 3. No absolutely confirmed details.

^ this

~

traeki
05-31-2013, 12:05 PM
1) I would go a step further and say they have *heavily hinted* that this is something they will do *early* (not at launch). There has been no formal word on this, and when I say hinted I mean only that. But I would guess strongly that you will see very configurable limited events within the first year.

2/3) These are both super detailed questions that are likely to have a wide variety of answers depending on context. It's kind of like if I show you an artist's sketch of a concept car Toyota is making and you ask if the clutch handle is going to be red or not.

I don't mean it's not an interesting question -- my point is not intended as ad hominem! -- I'm just saying these are things that will probably vary widely across game instances, specific dungeons, tournament styles, casual 1-on-1 challenges, raids, etc. So I don't think there's a coherent answer to be had on that front.

Tathel
05-31-2013, 12:09 PM
to 1)
I think 1+4 friends is a little low for draft?

I think normally it's 8?

Plus you want a round number so everyone can play first round.

But to the general concept: what others have said.

Moondancer
05-31-2013, 12:26 PM
Thank you for the answers

Well the reason for 8 players in a draft are many its basically optimal but sometimes you cant come up with 8 or you have 10 or something like that part of the beauty of a paper game is flexibility.

The reason i ask about side-boarding is it really adds a layer for those people that are into PvP, and as i am trying to recruit more people into the game and more things i can use to sell it the better.

nearlysober
05-31-2013, 01:52 PM
3. Implications are that PvP WILL be best of 3. No absolutely confirmed details.
Cory Jones confirmed:

depends on format of the tournament
Most are best of 3 (draft for sure)
Granted he doesn't specify all the various formats... but pretty well implied most will be.