PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Crawler Question(s)

ThomasHunter
05-31-2013, 12:57 PM
Okay, I've been watching this KS for weeks (checking in as often as I can actually!) now and trying to determine what level I would back at. I started at $35 and quickly talked myself into $50. From there, $65 seemed like a no-brainer. Soon, I was at $120. Heh. This game simply combines the two game genres I love the most into one. This seems amazing. Thinking about playing it on my wife's iPad on the couch in the evenings is just gravy.

Okay, I am really trying to pull out all stops (selling my original D&D White Box Set for example) and plan on going for the Dungeon Crawler level. The year of free drafts is just too awesome to pass up! That said, the loot is what really amps me up! I love loot in MMO's. I play DDO and that is probably the primary reason. So awesome!

Onto my question - So the 100% loot boost against dungeon bosses appeals to me greatly. What consists of a "dungeon boss"? Do we know this information yet? I simply would hate to spend the extra $130 (as awesome as the drafts are, it wouldn't be worth it for me alone) :Dand realize there aren't many "dungeon bosses" or that they are EXTREMELY difficult to get to in the MMO part.

Any information would be greatly appreciated! I want to back NOW!!! :)

incitfulmonk21
05-31-2013, 01:31 PM
"so with around 40 dungeons that you’ll be able to progress through."

So at least 40 dungeon bosses?

You can read the article at http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/05/31/hex-bringing-trading-card-games-into-the-digital-age

Also, http://hextcg.com/exclamation-points-and-question-marks/

might help, but sadly PVE is still a bit vague on some of your questions.

Hope the articles help a bit.

ThomasHunter
05-31-2013, 05:24 PM
I ended up sending in a question that was essentially what I asked above. Specifically, a Dungeon Crawler would "get the extra loot drops off the mini-bosses and dungeon bosses". This seems good as they also said that they would be adding more "all the time". Yeah, I'm pretty stoked for sure. Assuming I can obtain a short-term loan from the Head of the Finance Committee (my wife), I'm in for the Crawler. Can't wait to play!

Rhagga
05-31-2013, 05:41 PM
We share your excitement :)

Lazybum
05-31-2013, 05:56 PM
really tho is it 100% loot as in double loot or 100% increase of loot as in was 10% now 20% have seen people say it works both ways

Tyrfang
05-31-2013, 05:58 PM
Probably a multiplier on the chance of the loot drops, rather than the number of loot drops.

Makes more sense considering how they described the loot tables and rarity of legendary gear.

Talreth
05-31-2013, 06:00 PM
It says +100% extra loot drop though, and includes gold and loot, etc. So I think it's 2x loot not 2x chance

Gwaer
05-31-2013, 06:02 PM
Yes it was confirmed by at least one crypto guy that the 100% loot increase is double loot. If a boss drops 2 cards 1 piece of equipment and 5000g everyone in the party will get 2 random cards, 1 random piece of equipment and 5000g. And anyone who is a dungeon crawler will get 4 random cards, 2 random pieces of equipment and 10,000g.

Tyrfang
05-31-2013, 06:03 PM
It says +100% extra loot drop though, and includes gold and loot, etc. So I think it's 2x loot not 2x chance

I think it'd be more powerful as double loot, obviously, but I'm pretty sure it just ups your chances by 2x...?

e.g:
1-50 = Common
51-75 = Uncommon
75-90 = Rare
91-100 = Legendary

becomes

81-100 = Legendary
51-80 = Rare
1-50 = Uncommon

Who knows. Double loot is probably better value, unless you're chasing after a certain piece of legendary gear.

Gwaer
05-31-2013, 06:05 PM
I know! I just posted that I know, that's who knows.

whythelastman
05-31-2013, 06:06 PM
Glad to hear you're in. Excited for double loot drops too!

ThomasHunter
05-31-2013, 07:19 PM
Still in negotiations with the Finance Committee. I'm putting it at 80% however. Nevertheless, I have enough to drop in for $120 at least. Really would LOVE LOVE LOVE the Dungeon Crawler though!

Talreth
05-31-2013, 07:51 PM
Honestly after what he said about the PvE in the podcast, I'm debating swapping one of my PP to DC. But I think the PvP cards from PP will be enough to trade for any PvE cards I don't have...especially since I am 100% sure I will be no-lifing every aspect of this game.

BenRGamer
05-31-2013, 08:15 PM
Here's some info on Dungeons from a friend who messaged CZE,

Q: Will it ever be possible to "out-level" certain dungeon content to where it is no longer relevant to your character?

A: Not really the way we have things working. Certain dungeons "unlock" as you get higher level, but the way our game works is you can still bring a bad deck to a dungeon and get wrecked. The encounters will get harder as you access new ones, so by some respects the lower level dungeons will get easier, but you will still have to bring the right tools to the fight.

Q: Will loot drops from dungeons and dungeon bosses always stay relevant to your character's level? (Unlike many traditional MMOs where once you've leveled to a certain point the loot you get from certain dungeons is below your character). I imagine so given this is a TCG but I'd like to be sure.

A: You have to remember that loot drops in our game is either a cosmetic item (deck sleeves, etc...), special PvE cards you can only find in that dungeon, or equipment relevant to a specific card. So needing items from a specific dungeon aren't dependent on your character, but the cards you want and the gear for the cards you have. So yes, the loot drops will always be relevant.

Q: Is there one boss per dungeon or are there multiple bosses per dungeon where the Dungeon Crawler reward of double loot will apply?

A: Some dungeons are 4-6 mini-bosses and a dungeon boss, some have up to 15-20 rooms/bosses/encounters before the final dungeon boss. So there is a lot of value for the Dungeon Crawler tier!

Madican
05-31-2013, 08:18 PM
If those cosmetic items are able to be sold then I think I can honestly state that Dungeon Crawler is the very best value out of all the $250 tiers.

BenRGamer
05-31-2013, 08:20 PM
Eh, that depends. Collector is a huge gamble, it could be the most valuable if people want to spend enough on the alternate art Rare/Legendaries that they get. Plus their other bonuses.

Tyrfang
05-31-2013, 08:22 PM
Everything about this KS is a huge gamble that the game takes off.

Punk
05-31-2013, 11:50 PM
I think it'd be more powerful as double loot, obviously, but I'm pretty sure it just ups your chances by 2x...?

e.g:
1-50 = Common
51-75 = Uncommon
75-90 = Rare
91-100 = Legendary

becomes

81-100 = Legendary
51-80 = Rare
1-50 = Uncommon

Who knows. Double loot is probably better value, unless you're chasing after a certain piece of legendary gear.

Not 2x the chance (by your explanation), but 2x the actual loot. Lets just use your example given, it would not alter the odds of obtaining each rarity of card, but instead it would give you a random card and then give you another random card. You could get two commons, one uncommon and one legendary.. basically, it would spin the wheel twice.

keldrin
06-05-2013, 06:13 AM
Dungeon Crawler Tier sold out this morning.
I'm glad I already pledged.
And yeah, collector, seriously could be huge. If you look at traditional collectible trading card games, rare art versions of cards can sell/trade for huge amounts compared to thier more common version. Flip side is, this is a digital card. Not something sitting in a cool binder that you can show off, like you would your original Van Gogh painting. but going with that also, you can actually play the card, without worrying about ruining your card. So, I really don't know what to expect out of it. (collector would be my second choice of tiers).

Fireblast
06-05-2013, 06:29 AM
Dungeon crawler means you get 2 rolls on the loot.
Basically just think of the loot being a chest, with dungeon crawlers, you get 2 chests :)

Confirmed by CZE on the last stream at twitch.tv/hextcg

~