PDA

View Full Version : Consequences for dropping drafts?

Drake6k
05-31-2013, 01:26 PM
Rare drafting is going to happen anyway... and people are going to be dropping anyway, especially since thousands of people are going to have weekly free drafts and not all of them will have 3+ hours and the interest in tournament play.

I love drafting, but I know that some weeks I wont have the time to do mine and I'm absolutely not giving up the free cards... soooo what consequences will I suffer for that? Everyone else gets closer to the prize, they just lose out on some value cards and game time... but I certainly don't mind free wins when I do play.

nearlysober
05-31-2013, 01:37 PM
Just a loss I imagine.

Every draft tourney will be tracked as official play so it'll hit your ranking, but shouldn't be too bad unless you do it a lot.

GhundiPI
05-31-2013, 01:40 PM
There needs to be an allowance for dropping out of any kind of tournament as there will always be circumstances beyond one’s control, like an Internet outage or some real life occurence. There is no real way to be able to distinguish between that and someone dropping out without any reason (even Internet outages are easy to create on demand). What should be done is that behind the scenes the program should keep track of this, and possibly apply penalties when it detects a too regular pattern. What kind of penalty I have no clue though.

Tyrfang
05-31-2013, 01:40 PM
You lose, someone gets a free buy, but has to wait for the next round.

Most likely they'll put a 30 minute or so penalty, during which, you won't be able to join other PvP queues.

If you signed up for PP or GK, one would logically assume you wanted them...

Chance
05-31-2013, 01:41 PM
I'm not sure if you've played League but I don't believe quitting before playing should tank your score, its a bad idea because then someone who is actually decent will do it on purpose and just destroy kids who actually deserve to be there. It should have a timer on when you could play again? Maybe still count as a los but doesn't actually affect your hidden mmr/elo

Tyrfang
05-31-2013, 01:41 PM
Double Post

Googolplex
05-31-2013, 01:49 PM
I don't see any problem with people dropping the draft, the opponent just get a free buy.

Cryptozoic just have to make sure that, over time, trying to win yield the best overall rewards. If they do, raredrafting should not be a problem for anyone.

imacpc
05-31-2013, 01:56 PM
Don't see rare drafting a problem during set 1 because rares are going to be common anyway be lost some ranking points if you drop out

nearlysober
05-31-2013, 01:57 PM
I've done various leagues before but never really was that competitive so I didn't pay too much attention to my win/loss rankings :)

But yeah, in physical tournaments people drop all the time. In Swiss for example if you are out of the prize running... or if you're at a Con and it's just running too long and there's a panel you want to go catch.

It shouldn't be a severe punishment... and yeah I guess if you could tank your ranking and beat up on casuals that wouldn't be very nice :)

OP_Kyle
05-31-2013, 01:58 PM
Death by "My Mother the Car" reruns.

Or, on a serious note... They'll not get any of the sweet tournament prizes, but that's about the extent of it.

Madican
05-31-2013, 01:58 PM
The consequence for dropping a draft is you lose ranking and don't get a shot at the prizes.

So what if someone rare drafts? They get to pick a single card per turn like everyone else. If they get a rare it means someone didn't want it, so it's fair game.

Shivdaddy
05-31-2013, 02:55 PM
Terrible question. Can do whatever you want when your in a draft.

Close thread, not worth reading

Tyrfang
05-31-2013, 02:57 PM
The question was whether or not there were consequences.

How is that a bad question...

Fireblast
05-31-2013, 03:00 PM
The question was whether or not there were consequences.

How is that a bad question...

There are no consequences other than losing.
Why would there be any more?

~

Tyrfang
05-31-2013, 03:01 PM
There are no consequences other than losing.
Why would there be any more?

~

Lol, I didn't write the thread, but the questions perfectly legitimate.

Fireblast
05-31-2013, 03:06 PM
The question is not, some scrubs complained about rare drafter some weeks ago and asked for penalties for dropping/rare-drafting but that's not being realistic.
People rare draft and drop IRL and drafts are still happening

~

ForgedSol
05-31-2013, 03:11 PM
And new people are coming to this forum all the time, and many of those are new to drafting. Especially if they're mostly interested in PvE and are getting free drafts just cause it's part of the $250 tiers that are still available. Of course people are going to want to know.