PDA

View Full Version : GeekAllStars - Cory's interview

Fireblast
05-31-2013, 02:33 PM
News I could gather listening to the podcast : http://www.thegeekallstars.com/

4 of the same gem in a deck
Sunday update will be about abuse and security
It will be impossible to have every single PvE card (Squirrel OR Dinosaur, not both, will be true for each yearly arena)
Cory explains why WOW TCG resource system is not perfect : about 35 minutes in

~

Tyrfang
05-31-2013, 02:38 PM
Also, Guild Banks are for storing decks for use between guild members.

EDIT:
Game is built in Unity.

Player-customized, sponsored, and controlled leagues.

Fireblast
05-31-2013, 03:08 PM
Also, Guild Banks are for storing decks for use between guild members.

EDIT:
Game is built in Unity.

Player-customized, sponsored, and controlled leagues.

You're right, these have been said/hinted already but are now official :)

The leagues will be past release tho.

~

whythelastman
05-31-2013, 05:18 PM
Had fun listening to the podcast. I think I have been severely undervaluing / underestimating the PVE content. Cannot wait for Alpha!

Tyrfang
05-31-2013, 05:32 PM
I guess it makes sense.

PvP doesn't exactly require a whole lot of thought into the game modes, because almost every tournament type you can dream of probably already exists for another TCGs.

Meanwhile...they've had ~1-2 years to come up with ideas for PvE. The relatively low cost of developing an idea from concept to a dungeon for this genre means they can try out wackier ideas.

Gwaer
05-31-2013, 05:46 PM
Had fun listening to the podcast. I think I have been severely undervaluing / underestimating the PVE content. Cannot wait for Alpha!

I've been trying to tell people this for 20 days =/

whythelastman
05-31-2013, 06:13 PM
@Gwaer: We should have listened!

Gwaer
05-31-2013, 06:17 PM
@Gwaer: We should have listened!
I've been looking for a signature!

whythelastman
05-31-2013, 07:03 PM
I've been looking for a signature!

Have at it :D

Snoop
05-31-2013, 08:54 PM
I just listened to the Podcast, are the Arena exclusive cards trade able? I can imagine people trading or buying those cards, or even making second accounts for them.

majin
05-31-2013, 09:10 PM
can someone link me to the podcast, is it available to download or listen to via youtube? i can't seem to find a link here http://www.thegeekallstars.com/?p=256

thanks

EDIT: NVM, found it here - http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=24478

Stok3d
05-31-2013, 11:40 PM
Squirrels or Dinosaurs... that is the question!

d00dz
06-01-2013, 01:52 AM
Giant fire-breathing squirrels it is!

WizBang
06-01-2013, 02:05 AM
Dinosaurs are cool, but they're old hat. Giant Squirrels...the possibilities for water skiing alone are endless.

Grissnap
06-01-2013, 02:22 AM
I am really torn, I loved dinosaurs as a kid, but if the Squirrel Titan art is what I am envisioning, I will probably have to go Squirrel Titans.

As someone else said previously, I too have underestimated the content they have planned for PvE. It sounds amazing!

Hatts
06-01-2013, 06:38 AM
I just listened to the Podcast, are the Arena exclusive cards trade able? I can imagine people trading or buying those cards, or even making second accounts for them.

No they aren't, on an account level you get one or the other. He was very clear that this meant it would mean you could never get all the pve cards. I think he announced this on purpose now to get the collect them all players used to the fact. It lead into his talk about how he still wants to do exclusives in some way despite the people who didn't like the idea with the t-shirts.

What an awesome interview, a huge data dump that answered a lot of questions floating around here. I'm listening to it again right now...

Lochar
06-01-2013, 06:41 AM
No they aren't, on an account level you get one or the other. He was very clear that this meant it would mean you could never get all the pve cards. I think he announced this on purpose now to get the collect them all players used to the fact. It lead into his talk about how he still wants to do exclusives in some way despite the people who didn't like the idea with the t-shirts.

What an awesome interview, a huge data dump that answered a lot of questions floating around here. I'm listening to it again right now...

Which is annoying because they've stated that everything minus account specific bonuses are tradable. *shrug* C'est la vie.

Hatts
06-01-2013, 06:50 AM
Which is annoying because they've stated that everything minus account specific bonuses are tradable. *shrug* C'est la vie.

And mercenaries, which is likely what the exclusive from the arena will be...

Lochar
06-01-2013, 06:52 AM
I haven't listened to the podcast yet, but every keeps say Arena cards. Not Arena Mercs. Which is why I said that.

Hatts
06-01-2013, 07:12 AM
You get a deck that is pre built for you based on the side you pick and then add cards to it throughout the arena challenge that you unlock as you progress through it. The final reward is an exclusive merc. I don't think the arena deck is useable outside the arena.