PDA

View Full Version : A couple card mechanic questions

odjn
05-31-2013, 03:09 PM
Hi all,

I know there has been some discussion of the merits and lack thereof with binders and I thought I read somewhere that after collecting four of any single card, the rest would be automatically placed into the players collection out of touch with what s/he plays with. I don't know if I'm making sense, my impression was that Hex allowed players to use the same card in numerous decks, and since each card of a type functions the same way, there's no use to having more than four available. I guess I have two big questions:

First, how will customization (slotting gems and equipment) in cards work. Are gems slotted prior or during a match? Is equipment actually placed on the card or card-type itself or one's champion?

Second, are the card achievements on the card itself or on the player's account? I remember leveling some cards in Pox Nora, and, especially with the commons, from time to time accidentally trading them with dumps of other commons and uncommons to newer players. It really sucked, b/c it took so long to level those buddies, and I can see it taking even longer with the more... interesting and super hard core card achievements. The Spectral Lotus/Black Tiger combination made me think of this at first, but with a game like Hex that is really taking advantage and pushing the limitations of the digital format, I would love the option to lock out some cards if achievements or other cool things are tied to them; lest I send them to some other lucky individual.
-odjn

Lazybum
05-31-2013, 03:12 PM
going to assume each card tracks the experience and assume once a card lvls and goes foil you can trade it

odjn
06-01-2013, 10:44 AM
That was my thinking too, so I would love a feature in game to allow me to lock cards in my collection as unable to be traded.

I also can't wait to learn more about how gem socketing and equipping the pve cards and our chosen champion (if that's available) works.
-odjn

facade
06-01-2013, 10:59 AM
The equipment is actually equipped to the player, not the card. So once you make your deck, you would choose six pieces of equipment that complement your deck. So basically, for every deck you make, you would likely have a differently equipped champion.

Regarding the gems, here's a quote from the question thread:

Q:Are equipment and socketed gems permanently bound to the card or are they played in a game and last until the game ends?
A:Gems are not permanently bound to cards. You have to make the selections when you build you deck (not mid-game), but you can "reuse" gems across decks in the same way you can reuse cards across decks.

It looks like when you put a card in a deck, you then get to choose which gem will be socketed into the card while that card stays in your deck. I would assume that the exact same card in other decks might have differently socketed gems depending on the needs of the deck.

Pentregarth
06-01-2013, 11:14 AM
Another thing to note is you can apparently break down cards you don't need (due to for example having more than 4 of them) and receive crafting materials for that.

ShaolinRaven
06-01-2013, 11:49 AM
Socketed cards will save to the specific deck so you could have the same card socketed differently across multiple decks. As far as achievements, card achievements will stay on and follow the card, but there will also be account achievements that aren't card specific.