PDA

View Full Version : language

Pyroclaste
05-31-2013, 06:58 PM
Will Hex be available in french?
Est-ce que Hex sera disponible en franšais?

Black_Omega
05-31-2013, 08:05 PM
I haven't read anything about multi-language support.

While I speak and read English as my first language, I also speak and read French as well. Would be interesting to see if they put this in. Would open up possible markets for them - it's a smart move.

Tyrfang
05-31-2013, 08:06 PM
I'm surprised *that* wasn't a stretch goal.

Derium
05-31-2013, 08:07 PM
I'm surprised *that* wasn't a stretch goal.

hahah, 2.5mil goal = RUSSIAN! wooooo!

Punk
05-31-2013, 11:53 PM
Will Hex be available in french?
Est-ce que Hex sera disponible en franšais?

They stated that other languages outside of English will be supported sometime after the initial release of the game.

Fireblast
06-01-2013, 02:01 AM
I've been asking for multi language support as a stretch goal too.
Not sure why they don't do it, it's not that expensive to have a properties file / database translated.

~

Blowfeld
06-01-2013, 02:47 AM
If you guys at cryptozoic need someone to do German localisation for you, I would be able to do it. German is my mother tongue and I speak English quite fluently now for over 20 years.

So, if you need any help with translating a lot of stuff, just let me know. I am sure we can find some kind of fair agreement for both sides ;)

Many German players are used to localisation and I guess that- especially in a text heavy game- English language could be quite a barrier to overcome for Germans without proper formal education.

WSzaboPeter
06-01-2013, 02:57 AM
If you guys at cryptozoic need someone to do German localisation for you, I would be able to do it. German is my mother tongue and I speak English quite fluently now for over 20 years.

So, if you need any help with translating a lot of stuff, just let me know. I am sure we can find some kind of fair agreement for both sides ;)

Many German players are used to localisation and I guess that- especially in a text heavy game- English language could be quite a barrier to overcome for Germans without proper formal education.

I could translate it into Hungarian. It is a small country, but has a very active TCG playerbase. Plus quite a lot of Hungarians live in other countries, like Romania. (Hungarian is my mother tongue.)

Arbiter
06-01-2013, 04:52 AM
I think it's a great space for an API / Add On (if they are allowed). The player base is usually very enthused about things like translations, but it takes a bit of money to do, and you need to see your markets first. Being able to do an add on that dug into a translation DB and gave an appropriate tooltip for a card would be great.

ermitege
06-01-2013, 05:56 AM
De:Compiled List of Questions from the KS so it is easier to catch up.

Q: There will be other language (french, german, italian, spanish etc) other than english?
A: Hello, Yes, we have plans to localize the game into many languages.

Punk
06-01-2013, 08:34 AM
I've been asking for multi language support as a stretch goal too.
Not sure why they don't do it, it's not that expensive to have a properties file / database translated.

~

I was thinking the same thing. This really sounds like one of the more popular and least expensive requests for a Kickstarter stretch goal.