PDA

View Full Version : What Champion Will You Be?

Madican
05-31-2013, 08:15 PM
Basically, when you play Hex who will your main character be and what class? Not deck type, but the champion itself.

Personally I'm looking at Necrotic or Dwarf Mage.

ShaolinRaven
05-31-2013, 08:20 PM
I'm going to make a champion of each class and level all the mercs. For my first I'll go Shin'hare Warlock and Elf Mage. I like mirroring between the two factions. My first Merc level will probably be Cardboard Tube Samurai. So those will be the first 3 characters I level and then I'll work from there. The Shin'hare Warlock will probably be my primary to max level, then Elf Mage, then Cardboard Tube Samurai, then I'll level another Underworld character, Ardent character, Merc and keep that as my rotation.

This allows me to play through the different choices in dungeons and play new deck ideas/concepts especially ones I might not normally play in constructed.

BenRGamer
05-31-2013, 08:22 PM
Well, for PvP you can't use custom made champions, and we don't have a list of the pre-made PvP champions yet.

For PvE, I'mma go Human. Maybe Warlock or Mage.

gutock
05-31-2013, 08:22 PM
Shin'hare warlock.

Tyrfang
05-31-2013, 08:24 PM
I'll hold off on deciding until after I see more class previews and cards.

Probably one that lets me play more cards, more often, so a Mage or a Rogue would be the most appropriate.

Massabik
05-31-2013, 08:25 PM
I will eventually play them all...really looking forward to playing with Mooof though :) I really really wanna see the Mustachioed Gang in action

Gwaer
05-31-2013, 08:37 PM
I will eventually play them all...really looking forward to playing with Mooof though :) I really really wanna see the Mustachioed Gang in action
Seconded.

Talreth
05-31-2013, 08:37 PM
The one with the biggest tits

Rathal
05-31-2013, 08:38 PM
Can't decide until I see what all the classes do. Thematically, a warlock or maybe mage seems most interesting.

Tyrfang
05-31-2013, 08:40 PM
The one with the biggest tits

So, one of the Vennen, then?

Talreth
05-31-2013, 08:41 PM
I'm gonna back producer and make my own mercenary that's literally just a huge pair of boobs

Tyrfang
05-31-2013, 08:42 PM
Producer is your own card, not mercenary.

Lazybum
05-31-2013, 08:44 PM
i want to make a white gainlife angel deck for pve and use the angel merc

Kietay
05-31-2013, 08:49 PM
Something human!

alpha5099
05-31-2013, 08:56 PM
I'll no doubt try out every class. I'm waiting to see more of the race previews on Saturdays, as I think those'll go a long way toward helping me decide which races I'll play as which class. Last week's preview of the Elves made me want to play an Elf Cleric, because of their cool faun-like appearance. I'll certainly be playing a Coyotle, and I'm leaning toward Mage or Warlock, but I may change my mind once I see the Coyotle class art.

I'll probably roll a Human Warrior, though again it could come down to another race's warriors looking cooler to me. Of the Underground races, I'm only really sure I'll have a Dwarf character, and no idea on the class; I'll need to decide if the remaining two classes will be Shin'hare, Vennen, or Necrotic.

Lidralyn
05-31-2013, 09:21 PM
I don't know about class until I see the talents for them all, but I can almost say with certainty that every character I play is going to be a dwarf. Dwarves normally bore me but this games rendition of them is awesome! They have one motto....destroy everything! I can get behind that!

jaxsonbateman
05-31-2013, 09:23 PM
I can't say what class I'll be until I see what all their talents and abilities are. They'll have a significant impact on gameplay, so I'll want to make sure I pick the right one for my style.

As for race... probably one of the underworld races. I like playing who people usually perceive as the bad guys (though unlike WoW and the Horde, the Underworld actually seems evil).

Madican
05-31-2013, 09:27 PM
Except for the Necrotic. That's what interests me. They're being set up as more annoyed with Humans trying to kill them than actually malevolent. I get the impression they're aiming the bloodthirsty races of the Underworld at the Ardent to keep them both occupied so they can get whatever it is they're doing done in peace.

Moltenronrick
05-31-2013, 11:44 PM
Shin'hare Ranger is what I'm going to start with. I know I will play around with all the classes and races, so who knows what I will end up with as my main.

jaxsonbateman
05-31-2013, 11:54 PM
Except for the Necrotic. That's what interests me. They're being set up as more annoyed with Humans trying to kill them than actually malevolent. I get the impression they're aiming the bloodthirsty races of the Underworld at the Ardent to keep them both occupied so they can get whatever it is they're doing done in peace.
I'll definitely have to look into the races a bit more before making a decision. I'm hoping they don't have a big, or any impact on champion abilities, and races mostly define stories and quests.

I personally loved the Horde in WoW because a lot of Alliance players who weren't too familiar with their backstories were simply of the notion that Horde = bloodthirsty, evil savages. Then you actually look at their stories, and it's like "hang on, they're either not bad, not *that* bad, or you can see where they're coming from". Hoping I can peer into the lore of the races with Hex and see one like that. The perceived bad guys that actually have justification for their actions, even if they aren't pleasant actions. The Necrotic just trying to survive would probably do that for me.

Then again, I do like the Vennen race and imagery. Being a logical person, it's quite possible to justify anything. They may be largely perceived as evil, but hey, if you have power you can exert that over people to try and get what you want - it's effectively them just exhibiting natural law. If they end up getting taken out by the Ardent alliance, that'll just be natural karma.

Verdant
06-01-2013, 12:03 AM
I really like the way they're describing Dwarf Warlocks, however for me it's gonna boil down to champion with most synergy for the decks I have in mind.

TheDiv
06-01-2013, 12:12 AM
Whatever is going to support my Ruby/Diamond Inspire build the best :D

WSzaboPeter
06-01-2013, 03:32 AM
Elven Priestess. They look awesome. (And not like regular DnD style elves, but wild and savage and… horny)

TheDiv
06-01-2013, 04:03 AM
Elven Priestess. They look awesome. (And not like regular DnD style elves, but wild and savage and… horny)

You had me at horny.

Soul-of-Void
06-01-2013, 05:03 AM
Necrotic Warlock as first and main character, but eventually will make all as time passes ( human last thats for sure )

BohemianStalker
06-01-2013, 05:32 AM
Dwarf, because they are the comic relief of this serie. Something like Orks in W40k.

Thanisse
06-01-2013, 06:28 AM
I will make an elf cleric (trying to get it as close as possible to a druid )
and a shinhare ranger :))

a wabbit with a huge dog pet would be cute :P

Zomnivore
06-01-2013, 07:42 AM
Whatever helps dwarf robots the best. Sounds like an interesting set up, that or vinnen.

Swordmage
06-01-2013, 11:00 AM
Did I mess where they laid out all the available champions? :s

Ashenor
06-01-2013, 11:05 AM
Whatever is going to support my Ruby/Diamond Inspire build the best :D

This with a female human rogue hopefully.

ShaolinRaven
06-01-2013, 11:54 AM
Did I mess where they laid out all the available champions? :s

Their web page lists classes for you PvE character, which is what the discussion is about, we do not know the preset PvP champions other then the ones that have been spoiled from the game play videos.

Gregzilla
06-01-2013, 12:25 PM
Seconded.

Their up at Potion Of Wit if ya wanna see what they all do. :) Also, going to start as a Shin'Hare Warlock here, too. :)

NaryaDL0re
06-01-2013, 01:06 PM
I ll go Necrotic (etiher rogue or mage) and coyotle (either ranger or rogue).
My GF will be playing shinhare warlock and elf ranger.

alpha5099
06-01-2013, 05:51 PM
I feel like the Coyotle post didn't provide a clearcut choice for me the way the Elf post let me settle on an Elf Cleric. I'd been planning on a female Coyotle, but honestly from the art shown so far I'm not liking the females so much. Their eyes are too big; on the concept art for all of the female classes, the eyes don't even seem to be the right proportion, it's like a set of too-big eyes were painted over them. But perhaps some of the other art for females of the race will change my mind.

And I could honestly see myself playing any of the male Coyotle. I'm really glad to see the warrior with a shield; whatever race of warrior I roll, it will definitely be one that uses a shield. The warlock and mage both look incredible, and who can deny the coolness of a rogue that wears a raptor head as a helm?

lucedes
06-01-2013, 07:00 PM
We're not entirely sure what the classes do yet, which hampers any potential decisions.
Probably going to play coyotle first, with an alternate shin'hare character.
Whichever class is better at ramp/combo, probably.

Kalius
06-01-2013, 07:22 PM
Shin'hare something. will have to wait until I get a good look at the classes to decide.