PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Hex TCG Pro strategy site ... and a giveaway!

jtatta
06-01-2013, 08:08 AM
Good morning! It is with great honor that today I get the privilege to share with you something that we have been working on for quite some time now. A month back, some old tcg pros and myself got together and decided that we wanted to do something that we all enjoyed doing while also helping the community. What we came up with is something that is no less than amazing and I'm going to tell you why and who we are.

First off, the website that we created is called HexTCGPro and can be found at http://www.hextcgpro.com. What we strive to do is serve the community with strategy articles, tournament reports, deck analysis, live streams, contests, a weekly hex video podcast and so much more. As I stated a while back, our qualifications are not to be scoffed at. We are a team of professional gamers ranging from ccgs to mmos to rts as well as game designers.

Today, our social media doors are open to the world and we couldn't be more excited. Our first contest is also live! To enter into the contest for a chance to win a $35 kickstarter tier all you have to do is "Like" us on Facebook at http://www.Facebook.com/hextcgpro! The winner will be chosen randomly next Friday at 2:00 EST which coincides with the ending of the kickstarter campaign. We have three total warrior tiers to pass out with the rest coming in later contests. We appreciate all the support and well wishes we've received so far and it's quite humbling to see how much people care about our success as well as the overall game success.

We look forward to seeing everyone daily on our site but until then, check out the site splash page which has links to our Facebook, twitter, and email at http://www.hextcgpro.com! Coming next week is our introduction article as well as staff bios so you can read about who we have helping!

Thanks again!

jaxsonbateman
06-01-2013, 08:44 AM
Good job! Looking forward to seeing the site when it's up and running.

Rapkannibale
06-01-2013, 08:46 AM
Looking forward to it. Liked on FB! :)

Fireblast
06-01-2013, 08:47 AM
So you have a team of pros, care to do some name dropping?

~

Mr.Funsocks
06-01-2013, 08:52 AM
Good to see that while Cryptozoic isn't gonna do it, some fansites will take up the mantle ;)

The last thing we'll do is use crazy gimmicks to make money. We won't force players to recruit new players in order to gain access to game content, or reward them with exclusive cards if they get a dozen friends to "like" us on Facebook.

MugenMusou
06-01-2013, 08:54 AM
Great initiative. I will certainly be visiting your site, and translating them into Japanese for future HEXers in Japan.

Punk
06-01-2013, 09:06 AM
Cool beans.

jtatta
06-01-2013, 09:10 AM
So you have a team of pros, care to do some name dropping?

~

Sure, no problem! On staff in the early stages we have Scott Landis, Dave Spears, Shane Wiggins, Dusty Hostutler, John Tatta, game designer Chevee Dodd, and Starcraft II pro Dusty O'Brien. I'm certain that I'm leaving some people out but if you've ever played WoW TCG or VS System those names should ring a bell.

Gorgol
06-01-2013, 09:17 AM
Very nice!

jtatta
06-01-2013, 09:20 AM
Good to see that while Cryptozoic isn't gonna do it, some fansites will take up the mantle ;)

I'm sure that you jest, but to be clear we will never force anyone to like our Facebook page for profit. At the moment this is just the most convenient way for us to hold our giveaway. In the future, our Facebook page will be used for site updates and live stream reminders. Thank you for bringing this up though!

Ashenor
06-01-2013, 09:26 AM
Good work, i look forward to seeing more from you. Our site is having a pretty big give away within the week, i will post more details soon :).

The more hex news the better out there!.

Kroan
06-01-2013, 09:44 AM
Good luck to you guys. Very interested to see what you'll come up with. I'll be most likely streaming the game as well :)

M3d1vH
06-01-2013, 12:27 PM
Good luck guys!And looking forward to the website cause i sense a lot of potential!Get them articles moving!

BlindMan
06-01-2013, 12:52 PM
Before I nit pick, let me just say that I think this is a great idea, and I wish you luck with your site.

I do have one suggestion, though. You might consider giving out the rewards one day before the end of the Kickstarter. That way, someone who enters will know if they won before they lose the chance to pledge on their own. It would be a shame to have people miss out because they were hoping to win one, or double up because they didn't want to lose their chance.

Also, if you get people excited about winning one, and they lose, they might just pledge anyway, even if they didn't plan on it. Which could bring in more people. I once bought an indie game after entering a contest to win it, and not getting it. I didn't plan to buy it before entering. Wanting to win made me want the game more.

Just my thoughts, good luck with your contest.

successfulgeek
06-01-2013, 01:13 PM
Wishing you great luck with the site, I can't wait to launch my groups site as well in the coming weeks. The more fan sites the merrier :-) I know I can never read enough about Hex. Our biggest challenge is we have no one good at graphics, but that can be remedied.

You have a backup domain right? Just in case Hex is trademarked and they are forced to send you a C&D?

Rhyahn
06-01-2013, 03:19 PM
Looking forward to this site. Should be very helpful to someone new to TCGs like myself.

Typhon
06-01-2013, 05:59 PM
Good Luck! Dave (Spears) and I go way back to the days of Vs. System and Team RealmWorx.

We'll keep an eye on your site! We'll be launching ours shortly.

DanTheMeek
06-01-2013, 06:38 PM
Liked you on face book, and book marked the website in anticipation for it going live. Will definitely be interested to see what sort of content you come up with, but as some one who loves reading strategy articles and enjoys seeing other top players commented streams to get their unique takes on things I might not have considered, the site premise seems relevant to my interests.

jtatta
06-02-2013, 11:43 AM
Due to the continuing overwhelming support, we've updated the giveaway! Not only will we be giving away one Warrior tier to a lucky winner, we'll be giving away TWO Warrior tiers ($35)!

Also, the giveaway length has been adjusted to end at 11:59 EST on Thursday so that those who don't win still have time to donate on kickstarter. Our third and final giveaway will be on a livestream sometime before Alpha/Beta starts so stay tuned. Thank you all so much!

BlindMan
06-02-2013, 12:13 PM
Also, the giveaway length has been adjusted to end at 11:59 EST on Thursday so that those who don't win still have time to donate on kickstarter.

/Victory

Hollywood
06-02-2013, 06:31 PM
Liked

Maric
06-02-2013, 08:13 PM
Liked! Good luck!

cakedraftmasters
06-02-2013, 10:03 PM
Sure, no problem! On staff in the early stages we have Scott Landis, Dave Spears, Shane Wiggins, Dusty Hostutler, John Tatta, game designer Chevee Dodd, and Starcraft II pro Dusty O'Brien. I'm certain that I'm leaving some people out but if you've ever played WoW TCG or VS System those names should ring a bell.

Who are the pros? :) Looking forward to the dailymetagame vs hextcgpro guild wars.

jtatta
06-03-2013, 05:53 AM
Who are the pros? :) Looking forward to the dailymetagame vs hextcgpro guild wars.

Such a joker, Tim! :) Guild battles are always fun as long as there's cakes involved.

successfulgeek
06-03-2013, 07:18 AM
The cakes are lies. Going to be some epic battles between Hex TCG Pro, Daily Meta game and Worker Bot Factory.

Talreth
06-03-2013, 07:21 AM
Pff, get ready for some competition from Team Solo Mid. You may have heard of me, I'm dyrus \o/

I wish I was Dyrus :(

successfulgeek
06-04-2013, 05:22 AM
@dyrus you are going down ;-) and thanks for your guides and videos to help me get better at LoL

enkur
06-05-2013, 08:18 PM

Rapkannibale
06-06-2013, 07:40 AM
Giving you guys a bump to the first page since there is still some time for people to like you on FB for a chance to win. :)

maniza
06-06-2013, 07:47 AM
hope the site is a big succes, best of luck.

jtatta
06-06-2013, 07:59 AM
Thanks guys! We're going live shortly after the contest ends and I couldn't be more excited. There's going to be a video going over the top PvP cards going live as well as an introduction article, an article by Dave Spears, and a top 5 PvP cards overview by Dusty Hostutler. Lots to read!

FranzVonG
06-06-2013, 08:25 AM
Good, the more theorycrafting/fansite the merrier ;)

enkur
06-06-2013, 08:37 AM
Thanks guys! We're going live shortly after the contest ends and I couldn't be more excited. There's going to be a video going over the top PvP cards going live as well as an introduction article, an article by Dave Spears, and a top 5 PvP cards overview by Dusty Hostutler. Lots to read!

Preview!!!!

theghost32
06-06-2013, 09:10 AM
are ya recruitng mtg pros as well?

jtatta
06-06-2013, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the inquiry but at the moment we aren't recruiting. Once the game gets into beta and we know how the guild ranking system works we may open up for recruiting exceptional players. Stay tuned!