PDA

View Full Version : A King's Giveaway!

wallofomens
06-01-2013, 03:02 PM
Hey, guys! A couple of days ago I officially pledged the King Tier - it might not be a lot for some people, but it is for me. Also, for those of you who don't know, I have a youtube channel dedicated to HEX. And to celebrate my King Tier pledge(and get some exposure to my channel!), I am doing a giveaway. I know it's not a lot but it is what I can afford.

Here's how it works:

- subscribe to the channel (youtube.com/redichaos)
- like the video (http://youtu.be/6N53cVaSR38)
- post a comment

http://youtu.be/6N53cVaSR38

I've decided to give Draft Packages, each worth 2 drafts, as well as some Primal Booster Packs. I have 5 packages to give away and 2 Primal Packs as well. I'll announce the winners about a week before the beta release and contact them.

Please let me know what you think! :)

Punk
06-01-2013, 03:15 PM
Right on. I will subscribe when I get home from work.

Krenos
06-01-2013, 03:36 PM
It's nice to promote your channel and all, but there has to be better ways than this gimmicky stuff...

Subs/Likes/Comments for giveaways is pretty lame as all your doing is drumming up false "Interest" in your video so it pops up in searches and featured more. Which really skews the whole YouTube system. And I'm pretty sure anymore its against the ToS and even the Law in some states.

Just a heads up, take it as you will.

JesusChristMD
06-01-2013, 04:03 PM
No one ever does anything like that Krenos. Ever. Cross-promoting is DUMB AND NO ONE DOES IT. EVAR.

wallofomens
06-01-2013, 04:14 PM
It's nice to promote your channel and all, but there has to be better ways than this gimmicky stuff...

Subs/Likes/Comments for giveaways is pretty lame as all your doing is drumming up false "Interest" in your video so it pops up in searches and featured more. Which really skews the whole YouTube system. And I'm pretty sure anymore its against the ToS and even the Law in some states.

Hey there!

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. What I'm doing is called promoting. Pretty much every major business out there does it. Yes - likes/comments do give more exposure to my service/product - again, it is called promoting. And I don't think it is false interest - if people dislike my channel so much they will either not participate at all, or will just unsubscribe after the thing is over.

I don't think it is against the terms of service(if you are talking about youtube) since a ton of people do it there. As for it being against the law in some "states" - I don't even live in the USA. And I'm sure it is not against the law where I live.

I'm not trying to start a fight/argument here, I'm just trying to explain my point of view on the matter.

Thank your for your comment! :)

Lazybum
06-01-2013, 04:29 PM
sure i think its great you are trying to promote your channel but really dont think its trying to promote hex since you are doing it on the hex forums and prob 90% if not more of those who are in these forums already have a pledge or 2 or more in.

think it is great what you are doing but think it would go alot further for promoting if you made a post lets say on mmo champion in their game forums.

zWolf
06-01-2013, 04:34 PM

I think you are wrong Krenos.

yovalord
06-01-2013, 04:35 PM
oh wow, with all the interest you showed in the game and stuff i had assumed you were already a GK or somthing higher xD

wallofomens
06-01-2013, 04:46 PM
sure i think its great you are trying to promote your channel but really dont think its trying to promote hex since you are doing it on the hex forums and prob 90% if not more of those who are in these forums already have a pledge or 2 or more in.

think it is great what you are doing but think it would go alot further for promoting if you made a post lets say on mmo champion in their game forums.

Well, I'm not really trying to promote HEX with this thread and the giveaway. I think that there already are threads about HEX on the bigger websites like MMO Champion, so my thread will do very little to promote HEX.

oh wow, with all the interest you showed in the game and stuff i had assumed you were already a GK or somthing higher xD

Believe me, I'd love pledging as much as possible to HEX, but that's as much as my finances allow me to. :)

TheDiv
06-01-2013, 04:48 PM
If more subscribers = more videos then I can't not support this.

Btw, just a request, if you get time would be able to to videos that analyse the Livestreams? I'd love to know your thoughts on how they play, what combos and synergy you're noticing and even commenting on what they could've done better!

wallofomens
06-01-2013, 04:53 PM
If more subscribers = more videos then I can't not support this.

Btw, just a request, if you get time would be able to to videos that analyse the Livestreams? I'd love to know your thoughts on how they play, what combos and synergy you're noticing and even commenting on what they could've done better!

Absolutely, that's a great idea. Thanks. :)

OysterPrime
06-01-2013, 05:01 PM
I was planning on subscribing anyway, but this is icing on the cake. I've been a casual TCG player up until now, and I want to get really active in HEX. Your videos have been very informative thus far and I really look forward to seeing what you do in the future.

Lazybum
06-01-2013, 05:03 PM
checked first 4 or 5 pages of the games forum on mmo and no hex topics, did a search for hex and didnt see any other topics only about hex

did a search for hex and only thread i could find that had hex int he title was one asking if you would play hex or hearthstone. so a thread on there would prob do wonders for promoting the game.

wallofomens
06-01-2013, 05:25 PM
checked first 4 or 5 pages of the games forum on mmo and no hex topics, did a search for hex and didnt see any other topics only about hex

did a search for hex and only thread i could find that had hex int he title was one asking if you would play hex or hearthstone. so a thread on there would prob do wonders for promoting the game.

Indeed. There don't seem to be any threads. I did check their forum policy though, and apparently they don't allow for promotions and giveaways.

As for a general thread for HEX, I might do one in the future, but it should probably be someone who will have the time to update the thread constantly with new info, and right now, I don't have this kind of time. I checked the discussion threads they have about other games and the OP is usually quite a large post. If anyone has the time to make a thread there, that would promote HEX quite a bit.

Lazybum
06-01-2013, 05:41 PM
really at this point any post on the forums by someone who is able to put together a nice post with a bunch of links and videos would do wonders to get more in on the kickstarter

wallofomens
06-01-2013, 05:52 PM
really at this point any post on the forums by someone who is able to put together a nice post with a bunch of links and videos would do wonders to get more in on the kickstarter

You've convinced me. I'll try and find some time tomorrow and make a thread there. :)

Lazybum
06-01-2013, 05:57 PM
You've convinced me. I'll try and find some time tomorrow and make a thread there. :)

will make sure to look for it and bump it when i can lol, need to get more people on board. at this point think we will barely reach the 1.8 mil stretch goal and highly doubt we will reach any beyond that without some more support

Aurorah
06-01-2013, 06:21 PM
Youtube Contest Policies (http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&topic=1304541&answer=1620498)

I.8: You may not utilize channel functions, such as video likes or view counts, to conduct your contest.

TheWrathofShane
06-01-2013, 06:56 PM
Sign me up!

Gwaer
06-01-2013, 06:59 PM
Youtube Contest Policies (http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&topic=1304541&answer=1620498http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&topic=1304541&answer=1620498)
I'm not positive, but I am pretty sure it's referring to a contest that involves submitting videos, and that you cannot have a video submitted for your contest win based on likes, or views, or shares.

Skirovik
06-01-2013, 07:46 PM
Sounds like a fairly good idea to me. What are the primal packs btw?

I will probably end up subscribing to your channel at some stage anyways. :P

wallofomens
06-01-2013, 07:53 PM
Sounds like a fairly good idea to me. What are the primal packs btw?

I will probably end up subscribing to your channel at some stage anyways. :P

Primal Packs are speical packs that have a chance of "spawning" instead of normal packs when you buy them from Cryptozoic or win them from a tournament(not when you buy them from AH or trade them). They contain only rares and legendaries in them. That's why they are so valuable.

Skirovik
06-01-2013, 07:58 PM
Primal Packs are speical packs that have a chance of "spawning" instead of normal packs when you buy them from Cryptozoic or win them from a tournament(not when you buy them from AH or trade them). They contain only rares and legendaries in them. That's why they are so valuable.

So... If they're random, how can you guarantee having 2 as give-aways?

DownsMan
06-01-2013, 07:58 PM
Subbed +1 great idea to get subs also lol. I'm starting my own youtube channel for various mainstream/indie mmorpg/tcg games so yeah :D

Tyrfang
06-01-2013, 08:04 PM

Stretch goals gave out a primal to Captain+.

Skirovik
06-01-2013, 08:14 PM
Stretch goals gave out a primal to Captain+.

Oooh, I must have missed that.

And then, for the other one?

wallofomens
06-01-2013, 08:15 PM

Yeah, I will get one from the kickstarter. And if I don't get one from the 150 packs I'm getting from the kickstarter, then I'll get one off the AH. :)

Trothael
06-01-2013, 08:17 PM
Watched, liked, subscribed :)

Jetsetneo
06-01-2013, 08:20 PM
This is a great idea, I had plans for Hex Content on my slowly new/developing Channel.

I hope Crypto takes a Riot-style allowance for content on Hex. Its the biggest and easiest way to get it all out there!

Skirovik
06-01-2013, 08:40 PM
I hope Crypto takes a Riot-style allowance for content on Hex. Its the biggest and easiest way to get it all out there!

What do you mean by this? I don't really know much about Riot.

Jetsetneo
06-01-2013, 08:41 PM
Meaning they're pretty much open with you showing their content, and even youtube monetizing it, its partly the reason its soo huge.

Indormi
06-01-2013, 08:47 PM
The idea of comentate the games of the livestreams is a great idea, at least the one I saw they could have made muhc better plays on certains points of the game. I though about the idea of posting on mmo, I'm a 5 year old lurker there, so making my first post about this, didnt seemed like a good idea.

Also waiting eagerly for the explanation of game modes video, I already subscribed!

wallofomens
06-01-2013, 08:57 PM
Also waiting eagerly for the explanation of game modes video

I am kind of waiting on more information on that one. We do know what some of the modes will be already, but we don't know all. But I might do one, explaining all the usual game modes, that will definitely be in the game.

Krenos
06-01-2013, 10:11 PM
Win-Win
Make a controversial comment, suddenly lots of posts.

Your welcome, wallofomens.
Enjoy your Subs

NastyNate
06-01-2013, 11:17 PM
Hey, wallofomens! I viewed a couple of your videos the other day and really enjoyed them. Lots of good information for noobs like me. Keep up the good work!

Punk
06-02-2013, 12:48 AM
Subscribed.

wallofomens
06-02-2013, 01:09 PM
Win-Win
Make a controversial comment, suddenly lots of posts.

Your welcome, wallofomens.
Enjoy your Subs

Indeed. Cheers!

Hey, wallofomens! I viewed a couple of your videos the other day and really enjoyed them. Lots of good information for noobs like me. Keep up the good work!

Lovely to hear! There's a lot more coming.

Subscribed.

Thank, mate! Appreciate it! :)