PDA

View Full Version : Another very quick question.

Gregzilla
06-01-2013, 07:08 PM
So while we know eventually there will be some real money PVP tourneys, I wonder if there will be anything equivalent to that where we can win real money in PvE. Probably not, I know, but... worth asking.

Lazybum
06-01-2013, 07:34 PM
i doubt there will be cash prices for pve unless its lilke a race for world first clear of a new raid.

OysterPrime
06-01-2013, 07:35 PM
Nothing has been announced like that so far. It would be pretty interesting to see something like that, though. I enjoy watching the top guilds compete at the live raid events that are held at BlizzCon for WoW.

Jarric
06-01-2013, 07:42 PM
The pve aspect of this game is what has been stated as the F2P part. the pvp (where you have to use purchased/won cards to participate) is the P2P part. Thus I highly doubt you will see any monetary rewards on the pve side of things.

Gregzilla
06-01-2013, 07:56 PM
Ahhhh, well. Will just have to try and kick as much ass at the PVP side as I can, then. :)

Typhon
06-01-2013, 08:06 PM
I can almost assure you that even if CZE doesn't provide a way to get cashout of the system; there will be sites out there that will facilitate it can and run psuedo-cash tournaments. In the end it just becomes a tax issue; and getting people to fill out all the needed paperwork to be able to receive the cash (W-2; 1099s, etc).

funktion
06-01-2013, 09:19 PM
I can almost assure you that even if CZE doesn't provide a way to get cashout of the system; there will be sites out there that will facilitate it can and run psuedo-cash tournaments. In the end it just becomes a tax issue; and getting people to fill out all the needed paperwork to be able to receive the cash (W-2; 1099s, etc).

Don't think you read all the way into the post... he's talking about pve, if there's going to be any kind of cash support there it's going to be first party in the form of a liveraid or race to the finish. OR it will be in the form of some guild sponsored event.

Either way I don't find it likely, and if it does happen it won't be a regular occurence.

SenecaTheYounger
06-01-2013, 09:23 PM
I'd be very interested in seeing races through PVE content similar to Path of Exile. I'm not 100% how that would look in this environment but it would be very fun.

Mr.Funsocks
06-01-2013, 09:37 PM
Well, my guess is they wouldn't even consider it until they can figure out just how easy the PvE they've made ends up being. The tournaments are a known, companies have run TCG tournaments with real money prizes for years. But no one's ever really done serious TCG PvE, so it's pretty hard to tell just how easy the content will be, or how well we'll be able to game that system. Promising a cash prize on something that is easily cleared on day 1 of its release by someone who gets the right deck together or the like would probably be pretty damaging.

Madican
06-01-2013, 09:41 PM
Crypto will not offer any kind of real money for any PvE content.

That said, I fully expect a small market to spring up involving the best legendary equipment for the best cards that will be sold for plat. Couple that with whatever RMT service pops up and you can make dollars doing PvE.

SenecaTheYounger
06-01-2013, 09:44 PM
If they'd start a unique environment and everyone gets the same starting deck based on class/race. Then your drops and skill determine how well you do. Your rank is based on XP gained in the allotted time, prizes are given to the top player in each class/ race combo, and you don't take anything with you back to your main account unless you pay to be in the race. That seems like fun to me. It emphasizes certain types of play styles or decks but fun nonetheless.

Mr.Funsocks
06-01-2013, 09:45 PM
I... somehow doubt a lucrative RMT service would spring up very well in HEX. They'd have to undercut the gold CZE is selling themselves (in the form of plat and purchasable packs that can be sold for gold to other players) to have a hope. Playing PvE would need to give some SERIOUS time-gold ratios.

Tyrfang
06-01-2013, 09:50 PM
GW2 has a RMT but they still have a black market selling it too.

Madican
06-01-2013, 09:51 PM
I... somehow doubt a lucrative RMT service would spring up very well in HEX. They'd have to undercut the gold CZE is selling themselves (in the form of plat and purchasable packs that can be sold for gold to other players) to have a hope. Playing PvE would need to give some SERIOUS time-gold ratios.

I point to Team Fortress 2 as my argument. The currency there is metal and keys, which are the gold and plat respectively. They can generate metal at a steady pace, but keys are only able to be bought from the Valve store and resold that way, which many people do. However, metal can be crafted into hats, which carry their own values. So you have hats worth metal, metal worth keys, and those keys are used to unbox crates (boosters) for even more exclusive hats.

That's the Mannconomy in a nutshell, but it's a good parallel to what Hex will be and why I think real-money is inevitably getting involved at some point.

Banquetto
06-02-2013, 12:04 AM
GW2 has a RMT but they still have a black market selling it too.

GW2 does not have gold/gem prices set by the supply and demand of players trading with each other, though.

Prices are set by Arenanet via some algorithm where the price of gems goes up if there are more buyers than sellers and vice versa. The price of gems has climbed steadily since the game launched (back then, I bought gems for approx. 30 silver per 100 gems - now it's in the ballpark of 10x that price) which does reflect supply and demand in general, but it does not respond to the market directly.

Hence, black market.

Pentregarth
06-02-2013, 03:19 AM
Actually, I wouldn't be so sure about them not having any tournament PvE...specifically, the wording of the Raid Leader tier makes me a bit suspicious:

"+1 Card in the opening hand of all players grouped with “The Raid Leader” in non-tournament PVE content FOR LIFE of the game!"
(emphasis mine)

No idea what that's gonna look like, but the wording sounds like they're at least thinking about doing tournament PvE and just decided to make it clear from the beginning where raid leader applies...

SenecaTheYounger
06-02-2013, 07:23 AM
Wouldn't that reference the tournaments where they will eventually allow both PvE and PvP cards? They've made mention of it several times in articles...

Pentregarth
06-02-2013, 07:36 AM
I don't think so, as that will merely be a format where you're allowed to use pve cards in your decks, other than that it will still be constructed - whereas the raid leader mentions "players grouped with the raid leader". To me, that reads as if there was at least a possibility they might do tournament raids, for example.

Punk
06-02-2013, 07:40 AM
So while we know eventually there will be some real money PVP tourneys, I wonder if there will be anything equivalent to that where we can win real money in PvE. Probably not, I know, but... worth asking.

They haven't stated what any of the PvE Tournament formats are as of yet. When they announce these, I am sure they will give some sort of insight into what the prize payout will be.