PDA

View Full Version : DC or Collector - help me decide!

Rapkannibale
06-02-2013, 01:30 AM
Hello peeps!

So I have decided I really want Alpha access to happen so gonna stretch my wallet another 250. However I have been agonizing over which 250 pack to chose.

For me the two viable options are DC or Collector. Now here is some of my inner argumentation:

Pro DC:
"You don't have that much time to play each week so getting more loot for when you defeat bosses means you are effectively doing two runs in one. Thats great!"

Pro Collector:
"Don't listen to that DC fool! Everything you get with the DC you can eventually get if you invest enough time. Just be patient. The alternate art cards you would have to trade for and you know the prices for those will be insane!!!"

Pro DC:
"Who cares about alternate art!! You think playing a card with a different picture on it will win you more games? Yeah, I thought so. You have heard Cory say how people are underestimating how chasy equipment is going to be. If you have twice the chances at rare and legendary equipment, you can sell those and then use the gold/plat to buy the stupid alternate art cards."

Pro Collector:
"Of course the simple minded Pro DC does not know the true value or art. Not surprised really. Do you know how few of those exclusive art cards will be in circulation? Very few let me tell you. Even if you don't end up liking the art, you will be able to sell those cards for 10 times the price of a legendary item. Trust me. People are crazy about exclusive stuff. YOU are crazy about exclusive stuff!"

So have you fine folk gone through similar inner debates? Who won? What would you do?

Thanks!

TheDiv
06-02-2013, 01:36 AM
Why don't you do this... give me your PP and then you can get both the DC and the Collector ;)

But seriously. I went for DC because as you said, it's effectively a 2 for 1 with every dungeon run! Given that dungeons are supposed to take hours, that's a lot of time it's going to save me.

That being said, my plan has been to get another King this week but I'm very likely going to starve for a week to get the extra $130 for Collector :D

Kroan
06-02-2013, 01:56 AM
The Alternate Art cards will be higher in value than any dungeon drop you get, I am sure.

Jarric
06-02-2013, 01:58 AM
If you plan on doing the PVE frequent enough I really feel the DC value is highly underrated.

Verdant
06-02-2013, 02:13 AM
The Alternate Art cards will be higher in value than any dungeon drop you get, I am sure.
It may be true for any ONE standalone drop, but I'm not so sure about combined additional equipment cost. In any medium-to-serious PvE DC is way better than Collector as it gives advantage per run.

Kroan
06-02-2013, 02:44 AM
It may be true for any ONE standalone drop, but I'm not so sure about combined additional equipment cost. In any medium-to-serious PvE DC is way better than Collector as it gives advantage per run.

Well, let me rephrase that; if you don't have ridiculous amount of time to take advantage on the double loot perk, you're better of with the Alternate Art ;)

Indormi
06-02-2013, 03:09 AM
There are some threads about this already, you can check them. In summary, Collectors is a gamble, DC is a safe tier to have. In addition If you have a pro tier you may be able to swap it with someone with a grand king. There were some people interested in that in a thread not so long ago. You could also rejoing the autorefresh to try to change your PP for GK.

All in all, AA PvP cards have unknown value, they could go for the hundreds of price, or they could be terribad and dont be worth that much. DC also comes with 20 pieces of epic/legendary equipment so you may be able to profit for the get go

Kroan
06-02-2013, 03:17 AM
All in all, AA PvP cards have unknown value, they could go for the hundreds of price, or they could be terribad and dont be worth that much. The same is true for gear. Actually I think the chance for gear (from dungeons even... perk doesn't work in raids) to be not worth much is higher than alternate art PvP Rare/Legendary cards.

I agree that the best course of action would be to try to change your PP in GK. There should be some people willing to trade I think.

Indormi
06-02-2013, 03:27 AM
The same is true for gear. Actually I think the chance for gear (from dungeons even... perk doesn't work in raids) to be not worth much is higher than alternate art PvP Rare/Legendary cards.

Legendary equipment is going to be pretty rare, Cory confirm it on the last podcast. Also even if you cant sell equipment or is really cheap to sell, you still got the perk and if you even do some pve you are profiting for it. Even if you dont sell it afterwards. In collectors you got the AA cards. If they are expensive you made jackpot, if not you bought a "nerfed double king" with 1 year free drafts, in your case that doesnt even stack as you have a PP. You have this choices IMO

1) No risk, medium reward. 2 kings, you get shit tons of extra boosters this way. Still get 2 spectral lotus and 1 extra copy of each pve card than collectors(that you can trade as you have already from your PP)

2) Medium risk, medium-high reward. DC you get fewer boosters than with 2 kings, get the perk for live and 20 rare legendary equipment (if you get a ton of legendary you could make a nice profit deppending on the aumount of people with the same "luck" as you). Downsides, you only get 1 extra spectral lotus.

3)Collectors high risk, possibility of ultra high reward or ultra low reward. Less boosters than 2 kings, no equipment to sell, no perks for live. More exclusive cards than DC but less than 2 kings. AA cards that can be worth a lot or not.

TheDiv
06-02-2013, 03:32 AM
Good discussion and decent points so far. Collector is such a gamble... but I think I might go for it in addition to my DC :S

Kroan
06-02-2013, 03:43 AM
@Indormi: I still disagree with you saying Collector is a higher risk than Dungeon Crawler. It all depends on how much time you plan to spend in the game, especially in PvE. Legendary Gear might only drop in raids (or more often), which makes your perk less useful. It's a big gamble on how much the gear is in demand at all. I'm also pretty sure that getting 12 rare/legendary cards with alternate art will net you quite a bit. I'm pretty sure they won't choose unplayable cards for their Alternate Arts!

Even if you don't login for a year with Collector, you still will receive your Alternate Art cards. The cards will always sell, because there always will be people that collect these kind of cards.

With Dungeon Crawler you still have to be lucky that the item drops for you. Sure you got double the chance, but it still has to drop. You know how many times I went through dungeon / raids without seeing an item drop? Sometimes it was around 60. Making it half that number doesn't seem as profitable as you would think ;)

It's personal preference I guess in the end. Personally I'd never go for DC over Collector to be honest.

Indormi
06-02-2013, 03:49 AM
@Indormi: I still disagree with you saying Collector is a higher risk than Dungeon Crawler. It all depends on how much time you plan to spend in the game, especially in PvE. Legendary Gear might only drop in raids (or more often), which makes your perk less useful. It's a big gamble on how much the gear is in demand at all. I'm also pretty sure that getting 12 rare/legendary cards with alternate art will net you quite a bit. I'm pretty sure they won't choose unplayable cards for their Alternate Arts!

It's personal preference I guess in the end. I'd never go for DC over Collector to be honest.

You dont know if the AA cards are good or not, they have confirmed that the first 6 are all rare and legendary(this means no mangle zombie AA, thx god) but they could be really bad cards that see few tornament play. What I mean that DC is lower risk is because if you plan to do PVE the perk is always there so even if you dont sell anything you are profiting little by little. On the other hand you may need to wait another year to get your new AA cards and pray that this time you can get a good price for them.

In other words if all goes terribly wrong in both cases, DC is perk, Collector is 1 extra lotus garden. Also if I didnt snipped a GK I would have gone double collectors most likely, but I know that that was hella of a risk.

Kroan
06-02-2013, 03:53 AM
If you put it like that, then yeah... I kinda agree. :P If everything goes wrong, DC is better.

Verdant
06-02-2013, 04:14 AM
It's personal preference I guess in the end. Personally I'd never go for DC over Collector to be honest.
To each his own, I agree. I took DC with a little to no regard about AH and card values. Why? I'm DC, my best friend is GK, our combined bonuses will allow us to gather quite a pool of resources and equipment from which we can hopefully build most of the PvE decks we like without waiting for a proper auction lots to come up.

AA route is quite fine, no argument here, however for me it's all about teamplay and having a good fun with friends.

Indormi
06-02-2013, 04:15 AM
If you put it like that, then yeah... I kinda agree. :P If everything goes wrong, DC is better.
I have put a lot of though into this ;)

Kilo24
06-02-2013, 04:19 AM
@Indormi: I still disagree with you saying Collector is a higher risk than Dungeon Crawler...
Dungeons aren't 25-man raids; I strongly doubt that the quantity of quality drops will be so scarce. This is not the standard MMO. You don't just replace your equipment with better gear and cast off the rest because each piece of equipment and each card has a unique effect. Not only that, but loot is tuned to the cards you have, and anything you don't want you can sell to other players. Even if you don't get drops you want, you still get gold to use to buy stuff that you do want. Everything is doubled with Dungeon Crawler.

Collector gets you 6 x 2 rare/legendary cards with alternative art each year. The base cards themselves aren't exclusive - and while the Collector tier isn't that popular - all the tiers above it get it included. So, their value is quite hard to predict. It's also infrequent; at once-a-year you're getting an average of 2 x 2 rares/legendaries for each set. It's certainly nowhere near as reliable as the double-the-loot-bonus from dungeons. The extra Kickstarter card exclusives *are* reliable, but if you want those King x2 is a much better investment.

That being said, there was a quote from one of the previews that brings me concern:

The best rewards in the game are offered by overcoming the raid challenges.
It's been established that Dungeon Crawler doesn't apply to raids. I rather hope that running dungeons is not made far less rewarding than raids. It's a lot less of a problem to find two other decent players than it is to find four or twenty-four, but it's still aggravating to be forced into a specific playstyle to get rewards beyond a certain caliber. If that is the case, then Collector may be quite a bit more valuable.

Indormi
06-02-2013, 04:28 AM
To each his own, I agree. I took DC with a little to no regard about AH and card values. Why? I'm DC, my best friend is GK, our combined bonuses will allow us to gather quite a pool of resources and equipment from which we can hopefully build most of the PvE decks we like without waiting for a proper auction lots to come up.

AA route is quite fine, no argument here, however for me it's all about teamplay and having a good fun with friends.

If you are going to "main" pve or dont going to play a lot of pvp. DC is far superior. All my arguments takes the premise that you want to do mainly PvP and PvE as a secondary goal.

@Kilo24 They said that if you are really mashochist and really good player you can try to do the raid on your own. Consider that this is also a MMO so yeah raid loot will probably be better, cause there has to be an incentive to make people join together. That being said, there will most likely be "counter-deck guides" in pve, not at launch though. What I mean by counter-deck guides is that the guides for the raid bosses will likely be some decks builds that counter the mechanincs of the encounter plus general tips of what to look out. Once this guides are established you dont really need that "good" players , just average and good decks that counter the bosses.

AstaSyneri
06-02-2013, 06:15 AM

Just the kind of Guild I am looking for ;-).

To throw a threw wrenches into the discussion:

If the best PvE loot cards come from Raids, why is hardly anybody interested in the Raid Leader tier?

Indormi
06-02-2013, 06:22 AM
Just the kind of Guild I am looking for ;-).

To throw a threw wrenches into the discussion:

If the best PvE loot cards come from Raids, why is hardly anybody interested in the Raid Leader tier?

Raid Leader doesnt give you anything extra but easier times in raids. RL and GM should have been combined to make an interesting choice, but as it is. It provides 0 zero profit.

AstaSyneri
06-02-2013, 07:00 AM
Raid Leader doesnt give you anything extra but easier times in raids. RL and GM should have been combined to make an interesting choice, but as it is. It provides 0 zero profit.

Unfortunately that's my assessment as well. :(

Punk
06-02-2013, 09:03 AM
I would choose Collector over DC.

EDIT: I guess I should explain why. Dungeon Crawler gives you 100% more loot when doing dungeons. That's pretty cool and may be a good investment for farming the in-game currency. The Collector gets 6 different (12 total) exclusive alternative promo cards per year. These will only be rare or legendary. Since there are only a handful of people who will have access to the collector tier, these cards have the potential to be very, very valuable.. especially if one of those alternative art cards is an expensive card in one of the "flavor of the month" (hot) decks at the time.

larryhl
06-02-2013, 09:42 AM
I would choose Collector over DC.

EDIT: I guess I should explain why. Dungeon Crawler gives you 100% more loot when doing dungeons. That's pretty cool and may be a good investment for farming the in-game currency. The Collector gets 6 different (12 total) exclusive alternative promo cards per year. These will only be rare or legendary. Since there are only a handful of people who will have access to the collector tier, these cards have the potential to be very, very valuable.. especially if one of those alternative art cards is an expensive card in one of the "flavor of the month" (hot) decks at the time.

Considering that the reason I went with DC was because I felt that I would be doing more PvE content, I realized how much more valuable having access to PvP exclusive cards is over loot drop. After all, I could always do a dungeon two times more than everyone else, but PvP cards can only be gotten from boosters. Thanks Punk!

BenRGamer
06-02-2013, 09:44 AM
Quick rundown of what the Collector and Dungeon Crawler give.

Collector gets an additional copy of every single King Exclusive card, with stretch goals this means 3x every exclusive card except Spectral Lotus Garden, which isn't included in the stretch goal. This means that the Collector is the only $250 tier to get two Spectral Lotus Gardens. In addition to the above, Collector's get twelve (two copies of six) Alternate Art rare or legendary PvP cards as well as some unique Collector sleeves

Dungeon Crawler gets 20 pieces of rare/legendary equipment and 100% extra loot from Dungeon Bosses (For a somewhat accurate measure of how this affects value, Raids do NOT count as dungeons, so the bonus does not apply, here is also some information regarding Dungeon Crawler from questions to CZE:

Q: Will it ever be possible to "out-level" certain dungeon content to where it is no longer relevant to your character?

A: Not really the way we have things working. Certain dungeons "unlock" as you get higher level, but the way our game works is you can still bring a bad deck to a dungeon and get wrecked. The encounters will get harder as you access new ones, so by some respects the lower level dungeons will get easier, but you will still have to bring the right tools to the fight.

Q: Will loot drops from dungeons and dungeon bosses always stay relevant to your character's level? (Unlike many traditional MMOs where once you've leveled to a certain point the loot you get from certain dungeons is below your character). I imagine so given this is a TCG but I'd like to be sure.

A: You have to remember that loot drops in our game is either a cosmetic item (deck sleeves, etc...), special PvE cards you can only find in that dungeon, or equipment relevant to a specific card. So needing items from a specific dungeon aren't dependent on your character, but the cards you want and the gear for the cards you have. So yes, the loot drops will always be relevant.

Q: Is there one boss per dungeon or are there multiple bosses per dungeon where the Dungeon Crawler reward of double loot will apply?

A: Some dungeons are 4-6 mini-bosses and a dungeon boss, some have up to 15-20 rooms/bosses/encounters before the final dungeon boss. So there is a lot of value for the Dungeon Crawler tier!

In addition to the above, with stretch goals, Dungeon Crawler gets 2x every King Exclusive card except for Spectral Lotus Garden, and some unique Dungeon Crawler sleeves.

Lazybum
06-02-2013, 09:49 AM
why decide ? just go producer and get both

NaryaDL0re
06-02-2013, 10:16 AM
Given the contrast to other kickstartet tiers, I believe its in cryptos interest to
not let collectors feel "shafted".

So I m pretty certain that from their point of view, its healthier for the game to get
some very high value awesome pvp tier 1 alternetive art cards into circulation.

I have high hopes for the collector cards, but I m happy for everyone who disagrees ;O.

Also, just get Grand King like any sensible person <3 *run and duck*

jaxsonbateman
06-02-2013, 10:32 AM
DC is my first choice, but this thread struck me because I too was a bit conflicted over the choice. The main thing for me was getting a larger selection of the initial exclusive cards, getting an extra lotus garden, and getting 6 exclusive cards a year. It's not that I want them for trade bait or anything, it's just that they're not accessible in any other way, so getting extras might be nice. Plus, depending on how much Spectral Lotuses sell for, the extra Lotus Garden might offset the fact you're only getting half as much loot.

However, as someone who's expecting to do a lot of farming in PvE and in dungeons, the extra loot is just too appealing for me, so that's my first priority. I'm hoping (pretty much praying) that I can snipe a GK before the end of the KS, but failing that I'll probably get both DC and Collector. Though if I had PP and only wanted to spend $500 I'd definitely stick with PP (best of the PvP) and DC (best of the PvE).

Zomnivore
06-02-2013, 10:49 AM
I'm interested in raiding more then anything actually.

I see a grand total of 1103 people with the raidleader perk...only 35 specifically picking it out.

Is raid leader being under valued, or over valued? At this point you still get 1 free draft a week for the year, so its not exactly getting you nothing for your money.

Raiding seems to be the end all be all pve content, and the only social form of pve content...

Does that factor in?

I mean you get the best gear for raids, and this gives your entire team a leg up, and if you find other raid leaders thats potentially power farming raid content...

Ands its not like new raid content wouldn't be created for an mmo.

larryhl
06-02-2013, 10:53 AM
The problem with the Raid Leader and Guild Master tiers...is that everyone benefits from you choosing those tiers. GM at least gets you free packs that you can then choose to gift or not. Raid Leader gets you...squat in addition to the community perk. Therefore GK+ is better because you get RL and GM tacked on, while getting the single player advantages of Collector, DC, and PP. And in lieu of getting a GK+ tier, it's always better for you to get Collector, DC, or PP.

jaxsonbateman
06-02-2013, 10:54 AM
Essentially - the only thing three raid leaders can do that one can't is +2 max hand size and +2 cards each at the start. Powerful, for sure, but I think most players are going with the idea that they'll be able to farm and craft strong enough decks that they'll be able to offset that 2 card loss at the start.

Of course, every raid will still want at least one raid leader, so one good thing about the pack is being more desirable for groups.

larryhl
06-02-2013, 10:58 AM
Essentially - the only thing three raid leaders can do that one can't is +2 max hand size and +2 cards each at the start. Powerful, for sure, but I think most players are going with the idea that they'll be able to farm and craft strong enough decks that they'll be able to offset that 2 card loss at the start.

Of course, every raid will still want at least one raid leader, so one good thing about the pack is being more desirable for groups.

I thought they said Raid Leader only increases cards in starting hand, not max hand size.

jaxsonbateman
06-02-2013, 11:03 AM
If it doesn't increase hand size aswell, then they're pretty much forcing a player to either be able to play a card on their first turn, or discard a card - which means that having multiple raid leaders is even *less* useful than in my scenario, as it means they just give an added degree of card filtering. >.<

Zomnivore
06-02-2013, 11:04 AM
Raidleaders blessing is also pretty cool, gives you one health each turn and you can sacc it for damage prevention.

Qorsair
06-02-2013, 11:07 AM
I thought they said Raid Leader only increases cards in starting hand, not max hand size.

This is true. Essentially for each raid leader you bring you get a free mulligan.

Don't be surprised if there is a lot of demand for Raid Leaders to group with for new content, or groups of Raid Leaders doing the content together.

It really should be called the "Raider" tier and not "Raid Leader," because all things being equal, if one player has RL and another doesn't, you're bringing the one with RL.

jaxsonbateman
06-02-2013, 11:08 AM
They've said that raid leader's blessing won't stack - so a single raid leader in the group will be useful for that and 1 extra card, but 2 or 3 raid leaders will probably be unnecessary. Which is why a lot of people are steering clear - you can find someone else with the buff to join your group. And I'm sure you'll be able to do raid encounters without it too.

Zomnivore
06-02-2013, 11:09 AM
Only like 1103 players have raid leader (including upper tiers), so I don't know if you're really going to be able to be picky about it.

Gwaer
06-02-2013, 11:09 AM
If it doesn't increase hand size aswell, then they're pretty much forcing a player to either be able to play a card on their first turn, or discard a card - which means that having multiple raid leaders is even *less* useful than in my scenario, as it means they just give an added degree of card filtering. >.<
Can mulligan for free =)

nicosharp
06-02-2013, 11:13 AM
After listening to one of the podcasts, where Cory mentions equipment being very "Chasey", I would go with the Dungeon Crawler given the choice. Sure you miss out on some of the exclusives, but you give yourself a better long term benefit to finding equipment you want, or great equipment you can trade for a lot.

It really depends on how often you think you will play the PvE, and how much exclusive content you want to own for PvP and future trade value.

mainstager
06-02-2013, 11:16 AM
+1 dc

larryhl
06-02-2013, 11:16 AM
After listening to one of the podcasts, where Cory mentions equipment being very "Chasey", I would go with the Dungeon Crawler given the choice. Sure you miss out on some of the exclusives, but you give yourself a better long term benefit to finding equipment you want, or great equipment you can trade for a lot.

It really depends on how often you think you will play the PvE, and how much exclusive content you want to own for PvP and future trade value.

I think all the players who missed out on PP are doing this same exact flip-flop over Collector and DC. I know I am...my mind keeps changing every 5 minutes...

My biggest fear is that, like all MMOs, raid content will overshadow regular Dungeon content...making DC obsolete.

Rapkannibale
06-02-2013, 12:02 PM
Wow thanks for all the input! I think I am tending more on more towards the Collector and here is why.

1) Not a lot of time: Initially I put this as a pro in favor of DC, however as some people have pointed out, the less you play PvE the less value you are getting from the DC life time perk.
2) RNG: the DC perk mentions 100% more loot, so I am assuming you basically get to roll twice on any boss loot table. However that also means that your chances of getting better gear are not increases, you just get double the rolls. That sounds really good, but if legendary items have for example a 1 to 3% chance of dropping (I just making this number up but these are the drop rates of some of the most "chasey" WoW drops), then you are only getting a second shot at a very low chance of getting something good. Someone without the DC that is just lucky could get better gear than someone with a DC perk.
3) PvP focus: I will most likely focus on PvP and just play PvE when I don't have 3 hours for a draft.
4) Collection: I love having rare and exclusive things since I am a collector at heart. Not only will these cards be very rare, they are also of rare or legendary rarity. Which means I am getting 12 rare/legendaries per year guaranteed. These might help me out completing playsets of rares and legendaries that I am missing for example.
5) Extra Lotus Garden means I will have three with my PP which means I will either be able to get a full playset of Spectral Lotus very quickly and/or have some left over to sell/trade.

I still think the DC offers tremendous value, especially if you plan on doing a lot of PvE, but for the above reasons, I am pretty sure I am going Collector.

Thanks again everyone for chipping in!

Indormi
06-02-2013, 12:31 PM
Wow thanks for all the input! I think I am tending more on more towards the Collector and here is why.

1) Not a lot of time: Initially I put this as a pro in favor of DC, however as some people have pointed out, the less you play PvE the less value you are getting from the DC life time perk.
2) RNG: the DC perk mentions 100% more loot, so I am assuming you basically get to roll twice on any boss loot table. However that also means that your chances of getting better gear are not increases, you just get double the rolls. That sounds really good, but if legendary items have for example a 1 to 3% chance of dropping (I just making this number up but these are the drop rates of some of the most "chasey" WoW drops), then you are only getting a second shot at a very low chance of getting something good. Someone without the DC that is just lucky could get better gear than someone with a DC perk.
3) PvP focus: I will most likely focus on PvP and just play PvE when I don't have 3 hours for a draft.
4) Collection: I love having rare and exclusive things since I am a collector at heart. Not only will these cards be very rare, they are also of rare or legendary rarity. Which means I am getting 12 rare/legendaries per year guaranteed. These might help me out completing playsets of rares and legendaries that I am missing for example.
5) Extra Lotus Garden means I will have three with my PP which means I will either be able to get a full playset of Spectral Lotus very quickly and/or have some left over to sell/trade.

I still think the DC offers tremendous value, especially if you plan on doing a lot of PvE, but for the above reasons, I am pretty sure I am going Collector.

Thanks again everyone for chipping in!

I'm really glad our input helped

larryhl
06-02-2013, 01:28 PM
I bit the bullet and got both. Not eating for the next month lol.

Raykefire
06-02-2013, 01:47 PM
I thought about this alot, once I sold out my Magic collection this weekend and freed up some extra cash we just decided to do a little of both. My wife and I took the Collector tier so we can get one playset between us, and we got my son the DC tier so he can farm up what he needs. I am just sad I cant still get a GK, but ah well I think each of us will end up happy in the long run.

Hieronymous
06-02-2013, 02:03 PM
One point people aren't really discussing is that long term the resale value of goods from Dungeon Crawler is probably going to far exceed the value of all the other stuff, depending on how much you're willing to grind and how big demand for the alt-art Collector cards is.

Both are good choices, though. Realizing that was one reason I snagged a Grand King while I still could.

BenRGamer
06-02-2013, 02:47 PM
One point people aren't really discussing is that long term the resale value of goods from Dungeon Crawler is probably going to far exceed the value of all the other stuff, depending on how much you're willing to grind and how big demand for the alt-art Collector cards is.

It's possible. But it's also possible people would be willing to pay aloooot for the yearly Alternate Art cards. Collector's a gamble, moreso than usual for a Kickstarter.

Madican
06-02-2013, 02:49 PM
Dungeon Crawler is dropping pretty fast.

TheDiv
06-02-2013, 05:03 PM
You guys have convinced me to get a Collector. So as of tomorrow I'll be a DC + Collector... Bye bye PS4.

Qorsair
06-02-2013, 05:58 PM
You guys have convinced me to get a Collector. So as of tomorrow I'll be a DC + Collector... Bye bye PS4.

Yeah, this thread (along with Cory's interview) made me decide to add the Collector tier... was planning to just do an additional King.

supasnake
06-02-2013, 11:22 PM
I was dead set on DC...Until I read this thread...So frustrating because I really can only get one tier. Either DC , Collectors or King x2...

Rapkannibale
06-02-2013, 11:38 PM
I was dead set on DC...Until I read this thread...So frustrating because I really can only get one tier. Either DC , Collectors or King x2...

Ups. Sorry. ;)

AstaSyneri
06-03-2013, 01:03 AM

Yeah, I shouldn't either. Just updated to Dungeon Crawler, before that sold out (still 300+ left, but I'd hate to wake up one day and see them all gone). Now mulling around whether to get the Collector as well (Basically the trade value of those extra promos would speak for it - though chances are I'll not be willing to part with them ;-)). Got lucky to have found a PvE guild with already at least 7 GKs in it, so we'll have Raid Leaders and I don't need to worry aber that tier...

Decisions, decisions...

nickon
06-03-2013, 04:01 AM
I'm setting my mind on Collector or DC as well, since it will probably be difficult to grab a PP... Still hope to get a PP though, but I just hate to get dissapointed :) Would Cory be willing to already give away some info on equipment drop rates? What do you guys think? Because obviously trying to distinguish which tier is the most valuable depends alot on this decision.

I know you shouldn't pick a tier solely based on value, but on what thinks will suite you best, but I'm still seriously in doubt between the two as well!

AstaSyneri
06-06-2013, 06:25 AM
Got both now. And thinking about Raid Leader and/or King. Duh, they really have sticky fingers in our wallets ;-).