PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding Beta NDA agreement

Harjkun
06-02-2013, 06:01 AM
I wanted to ask what the restriction on the Beta NDA are?
I only ask as I plan to stream and commentary's on games.
Setup a youtube channel and all that jazz.

Many thanks
Harjkun

NaryaDL0re
06-02-2013, 06:02 AM
its practically impossible to enforce NDAs on beta... I wouldnt worry.

Mysidia
06-02-2013, 06:05 AM
its practically impossible to enforce NDAs on beta... I wouldnt worry.

though thats true.. but better confirm the details again when beta is here.
you dont want to be stopped from playing the beta due to violation of the NDA

Lunarath
06-02-2013, 07:03 AM
You will be asked to agree on the terms when you acces the beta probably. Just read through the important stuff if you need

Kroan
06-02-2013, 07:16 AM
its practically impossible to enforce NDAs on beta... I wouldnt worry. The MTGO Beta had actually a pretty strict NDA

Harjkun
06-02-2013, 07:47 AM
I agree with you guys.
I just wanted to see if i get a response from a Mod.

Most games company are using watermarks with your email address. So if that is the case then I'll wait til release. Otherwise ill be streaming as much as I can.

Kami
06-02-2013, 08:27 AM
They've already stated there won't be a NDA or the like.

I believe it was OP_Kyle who replied to someone's thread regarding press material and in regards to live-streaming beta. Whatever is publicly available is and will be publicly available.

Mr.Funsocks
06-02-2013, 09:01 AM
NDAs only work when there's ~1 000 people playing, that trickle in slowly, because you can usually figure out who leaked information.

There'll be 10 000+ players on day 1 of the beta. I don't think they could enforce it if they tried.

Tyrfang
06-02-2013, 09:37 AM
Alpha/beta invites will probably be in waves...

I don't see it being likely that they let the floodgates open on their servers unless they want to stress test their registration server.

Mr.Funsocks
06-02-2013, 09:40 AM
I'd like to see it in waves (I don't get why game developers still insist on complete clusterfuck launch days...). But they haven't said that'll happen.

Genocidal
06-02-2013, 11:19 AM
Starting up a new game that's semi-competing with a big, known player it makes sense for them to not have an NDA for beta (maybe for alpha) so word of mouth can get around and help build up the community.

Harjkun
06-02-2013, 01:32 PM
They've already stated there won't be a NDA or the like.

I believe it was OP_Kyle who replied to someone's thread regarding press material and in regards to live-streaming beta. Whatever is publicly available is and will be publicly available.

Prefect, let the games begin!

nearlysober
06-02-2013, 02:28 PM
When BETA is going on, they'll want us to talk about it and publicize it for them prior to launch.

NDA's are only important when something is a secret... well the cats outta the bag with HEX :)

Mr.Funsocks
06-02-2013, 02:33 PM
When BETA is going on, they'll want us to talk about it and publicize it for them prior to launch.

NDA's are only important when something is a secret... well the cats outta the bag with HEX :)

Nah, NDAs about popular games serve two purposes: They make the game seem more elusive and desirable, and they prevent people badmouthing incredibly unfinished features to the public before the game releases. However, with the game probably pretty well balanced already (this likely won't be a "true beta", as almost none are any more, just a stress test), and with as word-of-mouthy as niche games like TCGs tend to be, they have no real reason to suppress it.

Clawdius
06-02-2013, 02:44 PM
In my experience "buy in" betas don't have NDAs, as such I don't imagine Hex is going to have any NDA during the beta. Honestly, I don't imagine they'll be having an NDA in the Alpha either, and hopefully we won't have to read too many "OMG Teh 4lph4 h4z teh bugz!" threads and posts from people who lack a cluster of functioning brain cells. Honestly the most restriction I see is a section of the forums for the testers with threads about the testing builds being restricted to those areas. As for say, trying to boot someone from alpha/beta for uploading gameplay videos, I don't think that will be a problem with HEX since they're already showing off plenty of raw footage and streams. I'd hope that the majority of people who will be interested in HEX would know better than to freak out if there is placeholder art or a glitch in the alpha/beta video they're watching. Of course Cryptozoic may opt for some draconian restrictions, it just doesn't seem fitting in these circumstances.

Niedar
06-02-2013, 02:55 PM
Yeah, I bet they will want as many people streaming this game as possible during Alpha/Beta to hype up the game and bring in new players.

Harjkun
06-03-2013, 12:46 PM
Well by the average Joe interview. Alpha will be in mid suggest at the latest.
Just need fibre to improve my stream quality