PDA

View Full Version : This make anyone else a little Nervous?

Shivdaddy
06-02-2013, 09:07 AM
http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=21424

I find this very unsettling. I almost did not want to post this because it might scare some people away from pledging. But I think people should know about this possible problem.

Slish
06-02-2013, 09:09 AM
I only glanced at the post a bit. But I can say at least that I expect most pay-outs will be automatic/immediate anyway. Since it's digital..

Shivdaddy
06-02-2013, 09:11 AM
Obviously I am not worried about digital prizes..............

Googolplex
06-02-2013, 09:12 AM
Payouts are immediate in Hex, or at least I hope they are, or the game is dead already.

Mavian
06-02-2013, 09:17 AM
To be honest? Yes, a little. Not initially, but if they do take it to a cash prize level. With booster packs and digital cards, no it won't make me nervous since those things can literally be created from nothing and given to the winner automatically. Same for platinum currency.

This is why CZE is pretty gun shy about making any statements regarding this game and cash, be it prizes or real money AH. The logistics to pay people for smaller companies without arms in international countries (i.e. WotC has Hasbro) it becomes a jungle of payment and tax laws.

Punk
06-02-2013, 09:20 AM
It's all digital so it will be automatic, instant prize payouts.

CoS
06-02-2013, 09:24 AM
Cash payouts have been talked about but not promised in the Hex interviews. Frankly I doubt that with all the issues CZE has had with international payments for WoW they will do anything but put cash payouts on the far back burner for Hex. And that is fine with me, pay in Platnum and tourney passes and epic loot and most people will be happy.

Tyrfang
06-02-2013, 09:31 AM
Seems like they had a backlog, but about halfway through, you see people commenting about getting their prizes.

Lazybum
06-02-2013, 09:47 AM
not worried my self but then again i dont play on playing the pvp side super competitive, then again that may always change

jai151
06-02-2013, 09:54 AM
With big tournaments, there are often sponsors that advertise at the venue and cover a portion of the prizes. We can't really be sure the problem wasn't one with another point in the money chain.

That said, nope, not concerned. Payouts in a form that hasn't been confirmed for tournaments I probably won't ever see don't really concern me.

Wessex
06-02-2013, 10:05 AM
All those prizes owed are owed by CZE, only they provide the prizes. There are no 'sponsors' owing prizes.

It's also not just international prizes that are owed, prizes owed to US citizens are paid out at the same pace.

I'm personally very interested to see how many prizes are paid out in the weeks following June 7th when Hex is funded by Kickstarter.