PDA

View Full Version : Please Convince Me to keep the 250$ teir

Prince_Barin
06-02-2013, 10:56 AM
Hey guys currently i have the 250 PP tier but im thinking about either GL collector or dropping down to a kings.

So please convince me of some of the levels. :D

jaxsonbateman
06-02-2013, 11:00 AM
If you can afford to get it and think you'll be getting a lot of playtime out of the game, the $250 tiers are great value for what you get. If you utilize them to their full potential they easily pay back what you pay into them, and come with lots of additional awesome perks which will definitely help get you started in the game. Already having PP tier is also a big plus - a free draft per week for life essentially means you get $312 worth of packs a year, for free, and the potential to win more due to prizes.

Hollywood
06-02-2013, 11:01 AM
Let me know when you drop your Pro Player so I can set my computer up! :D

Badmoonz
06-02-2013, 11:02 AM
Even if you don't like or care for draft, the Pro Player tier seems to be the best value. It's three free packs of the newest (or whichever) set every week forever.

Prince_Barin
06-02-2013, 11:08 AM
If you can afford to get it and think you'll be getting a lot of playtime out of the game, the $250 tiers are great value for what you get. If you utilize them to their full potential they easily pay back what you pay into them, and come with lots of additional awesome perks which will definitely help get you started in the game. Already having PP tier is also a big plus - a free draft per week for life essentially means you get $312 worth of packs a year, for free, and the potential to win more due to prizes.

I agree, thats why i latched onto it, but, im just having second thoughts and i am holding onto it in case there is something major that comes through soon, i would love to have the Draft for a year but i dont know what it's going to do to my bank account now. Heh.

I know i would play enough to get the benefit from at least Crawler and Guild, and possibly collector. Not sure about Pro

jaxsonbateman
06-02-2013, 11:11 AM
Even if you just log on, use your free draft, rare draft and log off, that's like 5 mins a week for that $312 worth of cards. So worth it. But by all means, if you don't want that I'd happily take your PP. :-D And this is coming from a guy who'll probably PvE heaps and would get massive benefit out of DC (what I'm currently on) - PP providing a free draft per week for life is just way too potent to ignore for most players.

Prince_Barin
06-02-2013, 11:15 AM
Even if you just log on, use your free draft, rare draft and log off, that's like 5 mins a week for that $312 worth of cards. So worth it. But by all means, if you don't want that I'd happily take your PP. :-D And this is coming from a guy who'll probably PvE heaps and would get massive benefit out of DC (what I'm currently on) - PP providing a free draft per week for life is just way too potent to ignore for most players.
One of the problems is i dont know if i will be locked into the draft, im Australian so being on at the times when others are on is less convenient for me, i know thats a bizarre excuse but if people want to do a tounry im not going to opt out, ha ha. Stupid fighting spirit.

Googolplex
06-02-2013, 11:17 AM
Stay PP, its a nobrainer - really!

Gridian
06-02-2013, 11:18 AM
Think long term. With PP you'll get 3 free packs of whichever collection you choose per week - for life. That is a long time ;)
Even if you are not really into PvP that is a great value - after all, PvP cards can be used in PvE without restrictions. And financially, the PP will pay off soon as has been pointed out above.
If you can afford it, I'd advise you to keep it. If you are unsure, keep it anyway - one or two monts of water and bread will become an amusing memory in 2 years when you go get your free 3 boosters per week. If you know that you can't afford it, well... either ask a friend to support you or reduce your pledge, as harsh as that sounds. :)

jaxsonbateman
06-02-2013, 11:21 AM
One of the problems is i dont know if i will be locked into the draft, im Australian so being on at the times when others are on is less convenient for me, i know thats a bizarre excuse but if people want to do a tounry im not going to opt out, ha ha. Stupid fighting spirit.
I'd be very surprised if there weren't drafts running 24/7.

Prince_Barin
06-02-2013, 11:24 AM
Think long term. With PP you'll get 3 free packs of whichever collection you choose per week - for life. That is a long time ;)
Even if you are not really into PvP that is a great value - after all, PvP cards can be used in PvE without restrictions. And financially, the PP will pay off soon as has been pointed out above.
If you can afford it, I'd advise you to keep it. If you are unsure, keep it anyway - one or two monts of water and bread will become an amusing memory in 2 years when you go get your free 3 boosters per week. If you know that you can't afford it, well... either ask a friend to support you or reduce your pledge, as harsh as that sounds. :)

Cheers, for this, ill give it some thought for the next for days that it comes in on.

whythelastman
06-02-2013, 11:25 AM
Unless there were a way for us to trade $250 tiers (I'm selfish), I'd say stick with it for now. The value is absolutely amazing! Like Gridian said, you get access to future PVP cards for life--this can absolutely help you in PVE. :)

Prince_Barin
06-02-2013, 11:25 AM
I'd be very surprised if there weren't drafts running 24/7.

But if they arnt, im not sure 250 is a risk for that :P Ill be watching it regardless

Prince_Barin
06-02-2013, 11:43 AM
One of the reasons ive backed away from collector is that. It's the longest gambit of them all, sure you will get a lot of money selling the cards when the game is 3+ years when/if a large portion of the collectors leave.

Tyrfang
06-02-2013, 11:44 AM
One of the reasons ive backed away from collector is that. It's the longest gambit of them all, sure you will get a lot of money selling the cards when the game is 3+ years when/if a large portion of the collectors leave.

I'd say the longest gambit of them all is Immortal or Producer. :)

Prince_Barin
06-02-2013, 11:46 AM
I'd say the longest gambit of them all is Immortal or Producer. :)

Touche' smart arse :D But OF the once that i can Quasi afford at the 250 level. Thats the longest of them :P

ForgedSol
06-02-2013, 11:48 AM

If you are gambling on the cards being worth it only when collectors leave, you are gambling the wrong way. That's the sign of a failing game, which assumes a static or shrinking playerbase with just a few hardcore people left. What every collector should be wanting is that the cards increase regardless of how many of us stay or leave because of growth in the playerbase due a to a fantastic game that has caught on.

Prince_Barin
06-02-2013, 11:55 AM
If you are gambling on the cards being worth it only when collectors leave, you are gambling the wrong way. That's the sign of a failing game, which assumes a static or shrinking playerbase with just a few hardcore people left. What every collector should be wanting is that the cards increase regardless of how many of us stay or leave because of growth in the playerbase due a to a fantastic game that has caught on.
Yes Sorry worded and explained poorly.

Tyrfang
06-02-2013, 11:57 AM
More players -> Fewer collectors as a % of total playerbase -> Higher demand for collector cards relative to the constant supply.