PDA

View Full Version : Treasure chest in each booster pack - will you still get these when you draft?

nicosharp
06-02-2013, 11:07 AM
I stumbled upon this from the Q&A thread:

Q:How many cards per booster pack?
A:It's 15 cards per booster (1 Rare/Legendary, 3 Uncommon, 11 Uncommon) as well as a special treasure chest that will conatin a random goodie.

Will the treasure chest pop open with each pack you open in draft and go into your inventory?

Tyrfang
06-02-2013, 11:07 AM
Yeah, I was wondering that, also.

Similarly, I wonder if that treasure chest is better for Primals than regular boosters.

nicosharp
06-02-2013, 11:08 AM
Yeah, I was wondering that, also.

Similarly, I wonder if that treasure chest is better for Primals than regular boosters.

I think they answered that when they spoke about primals. They mentioned the special treasure chest containing rares... I could have sworn. It would make sense considering the fact that it is a god pack.

Xenavire
06-02-2013, 11:11 AM
I would hazard a guess that the chests contain equipment, for the PvP cards, and that they will be added to your collection during a draft (as they are illegal for use in drafts). I can't see what else they would do with them, in drafts at least.

Tyrfang
06-02-2013, 11:12 AM
I think they answered that when they spoke about primals. They mentioned the special treasure chest containing rares... I could have sworn. It would make sense considering the fact that it is a god pack.

"Primal Packs are "god packs" that will drop for lucky players when buying HEX booster packs. It is not a separate item in the HEX Store. Every card in this booster is a Rare or Legendary! In addition, each Primal Pack will contain a Legendary Treasure Chest that will hold some truly incredible items, which you can open or trade in the Auction House. Speaking of which, should you be lucky enough to get one of Primal Packs, they are tradable and can be given or put in the Auction House for others just like any other pack. To maintain balance in a tournament setting, you cannot get a Primal Pack during a draft."

Yeah, just checked. You're right.

They could be PvE cards, random equipment, or even tournament tickets?

Daer
06-02-2013, 11:13 AM
Treasure chests come in different rarities. I'm guessing they are just added to your collection automatically when you open a pack in a draft.

Tyrfang
06-02-2013, 11:15 AM
Oh THAT'S what the stretch goal chests were... the loot card?

larryhl
06-02-2013, 11:18 AM
"Loot" cards (to use WoW TCG terminology) seem to have always been part of the booster packs from the start. The question here is if you get them automatically as part of your draft, or if they're like lands in MtG...people leave them until the end and they're your last pick.

Daer
06-02-2013, 11:20 AM
From one of the articles:

Additionally, the team is adamant that they want to capture the magic sense of anticipation that comes with opening a pack of cards and seeing what it contains. To this end, booster packs will also drop chests colour-coded by rarity, which will contain cards, equipment, recipes and crafting materials. There’ll even be the chance of another pack of cards, so you could buy a pack and the receive another pack for free from the chest inside that pack, and then potentially even get a third pack from the chest inside the second.

Tyrfang
06-02-2013, 11:23 AM
Huh. Nice.

Though, that doesn't answer whether or not that's going to be draftable, or automatically given to you as you open the pack in a draft.

Probably not, because it's not technically a "card."

Madican
06-02-2013, 11:23 AM
It's like WoW lockboxes all over again.

I found a lockbox inside a lockbox that had been inside a lockbox inside another lockbox.

Tyrfang
06-02-2013, 11:25 AM
With a broken lockpick inside.

Madican
06-02-2013, 11:27 AM
Actually they changed it with the new expansion. Always contains a hefty chunk of gold + 1-2 greens/blues/epics worth another chunk. So every time one of those slots was taken by another lockbox, which is technically a green, that means more money. That sequence I listed above actually happened and got me 200+ gold from the money and disenchanting the gear for materials.

ForgedSol
06-02-2013, 11:55 AM
Oh that's cool. So boosters have PvE specific stuff in it too.

Alandovos
06-02-2013, 12:04 PM
I heard the treasure chest actually contains a stale stick of gum.

Lazybum
06-02-2013, 12:07 PM
heard you liked chests so we put a chest in your chest and maybe a chest in your chest that was in your chest

Corpselocker
06-02-2013, 12:07 PM
Possibly they contain an unhappy meal: broken toy, cold fries, and a bite taken out of the hamburger.

Tyrfang
06-02-2013, 12:08 PM
Possibly they contain an unhappy meal: broken toy, cold fries, and a bite taken out of the hamburger.

What an outrage.

You forgot the spit.

Punk
06-02-2013, 12:12 PM
I stumbled upon this from the Q&A thread:

Q:How many cards per booster pack?
A:It's 15 cards per booster (1 Rare/Legendary, 3 Uncommon, 11 Uncommon) as well as a special treasure chest that will conatin a random goodie.

Will the treasure chest pop open with each pack you open in draft and go into your inventory?

Good question. Not exactly sure how this will work, but if each pack has it, then you will probably keep what you open. This would go along the same lines as opening a Loot card when drafting WoW.

BenRGamer
06-02-2013, 12:37 PM
I imagine it more would be more PvP cosmetic items, I.E. Sleeves, stuff for your keep, maybe an extra rare, etc.

KingBlackstone
06-02-2013, 01:02 PM
I'm guessing you'll get a random treasure for each pack you open in Draft-- can't imagine the PvE loot would be drafted since they can't be used in the draft tournament.

Fireblast
06-02-2013, 01:04 PM
#1 Rule :
If it is logical and better, they're doing it.

~

BlindMan
06-02-2013, 01:10 PM
#1 Rule :
If it is logical and better, they're doing it.

~

I can see I'm not the only one who already has a good deal of belief in Cryptozoic.

TheProphet
06-02-2013, 01:20 PM
I can see I'm not the only one who already has a good deal of belief in Cryptozoic.

agreed .

nicosharp
06-02-2013, 01:26 PM
agreed .

I've played a number of their games. I have faith as well. I am just a bit jaded at the value we will get out of $1 entry fee drafts. I'm pretty stoaked.

Lafoote
06-06-2013, 05:51 AM
I heard the treasure chest actually contains a stale stick of gum.

Topps has a trademark on that, but maybe some BBQ Roostasaur meat would suffice?

Avaian
06-06-2013, 06:01 AM
Topps has a trademark on that, but maybe some BBQ Roostasaur meat would suffice?

Ahh, but does it cover a stale stick of digital gum?

Fireblast
06-06-2013, 06:01 AM
Confirmed in yesterday's Q&A stream, you get the chest when you draft

~