PDA

View Full Version : PSA: Don't sell your lotus gardens!

Gwaer
06-02-2013, 11:11 AM
I've gotten private messaged on here a few times now, people want to try to work out an agreement to basically pre-buy lotus gardens for Cash, boosters, plat. I feel this is a mistake, we won't know what they are worth until people really bite into pve and start using them. If you let them go for a song, you might really be kicking yourself in a few months. Hold on to them and keep an eye on the auction house.

Just my two cents.

jaxsonbateman
06-02-2013, 11:13 AM
I'll probably never sell mine - they're like the geese that lay the golden eggs. <3 You'd have to offer me something pretty darn impressive to get me to give up my golden egg goose. :-D

Tathel
06-02-2013, 11:13 AM
I completely agree, said pretty much the same thing to the person that PMed me about it ^_^

Tyrfang
06-02-2013, 11:14 AM
Yeah...unlike MTG, you can't just rip up a land in exchange. :)

Really, I would hold on to any promo cards you get from KS for some time.

Madican
06-02-2013, 11:15 AM
Yeah, got one of those PM's from someone and just ignored it.

Sci3nce
06-02-2013, 11:18 AM
Told the guy 100 Bucks. We'll see what he says.

On another note, why is Utopian Chaos spamming my inbox? Their GM needs to get a hold on things.

Googolplex
06-02-2013, 11:19 AM
If people want to buy anything before the game begins, you can pretty much assume its a bad idea to sell.

MugenMusou
06-02-2013, 11:20 AM
Great advise. I got the PM about an week ago as well, and told the same.

For anyone who wants to have the lotus garden, probably should try King Tier and perhaps sell all the booster packs for bargain (if they really wants to get lotus garden but cannot afford $120). I bet there will be people buying packs when they are really cheap. Let's say like 50 cents a pack x 150 = $75. So Lotus garden is $45. Now if you sell other promos, perhaps further reduction in cost.

Nothing scientific, but I have a feeling card like Lotus Garden can easily worth $20-$40 at beginning of the official launch when players have no other way to get it, and probably go up from there.

Punk
I would sell my Lotus Garden for $120 at anytime before the Kickstarter ends. =]

Tyrfang
Yeah, on second thought, I'll totally sell lotus gardens for $120. :)

Offer lasts for another 5 days!

MugenMusou
06-02-2013, 11:22 AM
Guys...

I'll be nicer. I'll sell for $100 before kickstarter ends.

Gwaer
06-02-2013, 11:23 AM
I would sell my Lotus Garden for $120 at anytime before the Kickstarter ends. =]
I'm in on that, too. I'll run a special deal, though. 119.99 ;)

Guys...

You should learn how to undercut =/

Madican
06-02-2013, 11:24 AM
Guys...

The joke is that by selling the Garden for $120 they'll pick up another King and get a second one.

mainstager
06-02-2013, 11:24 AM

+1

Tyrfang
06-02-2013, 11:25 AM
The joke is that by selling the Garden for $120 they'll pick up another King and get a second one.

Screw that, go collector and get two.

MugenMusou
06-02-2013, 11:27 AM
I'm in on that, too. I'll run a special deal, though. 119.99 ;)

You should learn how to undercut =/

I guess I was bit too generous there. $199.98 plus 2 peso.

Madican
06-02-2013, 11:28 AM
My bank account is going to be crying as it is with one Pro. If only this KS hadn't started until June, then I'd have been able to get Grand King.

Indormi
06-02-2013, 11:40 AM
I wont sell my lotus gardens anytime, unless they offer me such a big amount I cant say no. Lotus (not garden) is pretty much how to get gold in this game, maybe not at launch, but if all goes well, in a few months after realease, they will sell for gold , so is a steady influx of gold, which you can them convert in PvE gear or depending on the price buy plat from the ah. It is an item to get your inicial investmen back.

BlindMan
06-02-2013, 12:21 PM
I wouldn't sell my Lotus Garden for anything that anyone would pay. Even still, I feel kinda left out that no one PM'd me asking :O

Hexmage
06-02-2013, 12:27 PM
You probably never indicated that you were king level or above

Hatts
06-02-2013, 12:28 PM
I wouldn't sell my Lotus Garden for anything that anyone would pay. Even still, I feel kinda left out that no one PM'd me asking :O

Judging from the responses in this thread you need to put your tier in your signature so he knows you will have one.

Genocidal
06-02-2013, 12:28 PM
You probably never indicated that you were king level or above

Everyone shouting their multiple high pledge levels from the rooftops is painting a big target on themselves, not just for people who want to buy your cards either.

BlindMan
06-02-2013, 12:33 PM
Judging from the responses in this thread you need to put your tier in your signature so he knows you will have one.

I hadn't thought of that. I have actually posted that I pledged pro tier (just one, for anyone who cares), but I imagine it would be a lot more visible in my sig.

Edit:

Everyone shouting their multiple high pledge levels from the rooftops is painting a big target on themselves, not just for people who want to buy your cards either.

Most people pledging high tiers are going to be flashing their deck sleeves in game with their user name clearly visible. I doubt many people are really concerned with authenticator support.

Sithos
06-02-2013, 12:43 PM
Considering it's one of the main things to really draw me into coming in at King [I planned on staying at Captain]. I will not be giving up a Spectral Lotus Garden basically ever.

Madican
06-02-2013, 12:48 PM
Anyone who plans on high-end PvE won't give up their Garden. I mean come on, four Lotus will be a staple in a ton of PvE decks just for the card drawing alone.

Though there may be some mechanics where a boss or something will tap your Artifacts for you. Whoops.

Hexmage
06-02-2013, 12:50 PM
Exhausting the artifacts doesn't activate them. So a boss like that might slow you down a bit nothing else.

Genocidal
06-02-2013, 12:57 PM
Most people pledging high tiers are going to be flashing their deck sleeves in game with their user name clearly visible. I doubt many people are really concerned with authenticator support.

Good point. Still, I'd personally rather not throw in that added (potential) risk.

Madican
06-02-2013, 12:58 PM
I'll be playing with whatever deck sleeve looks best. Right now that's the King level.

Lazybum
06-02-2013, 01:04 PM
guess i have been lucky no inbox spam of any kind, tho now i am typing this i will prob get alot. going to work it so i get 4 lotus gardens maybe 5 or 6 then i might sell one down the road but not at the start

Fireblast
06-02-2013, 01:14 PM
guess i have been lucky no inbox spam of any kind, tho now i am typing this i will prob get alot. going to work it so i get 4 lotus gardens maybe 5 or 6 then i might sell one down the road but not at the start

To sell it it means that you don't play on a daily basis, in 6 months post release most of the backers will rare draft and only play weekly/monthly PvP tournaments.
That's when Lotus Garden will be tradeable and the lotus will be worthy.

~

Lazybum
06-02-2013, 01:17 PM
To sell it it means that you don't play on a daily basis, in 6 months post release most of the backers will rare draft and only play weekly/monthly PvP tournaments.

~

i really look forward to pvp side of things and pretty sure i will play on a daily basis or at least log in, might still play wow and i raid 2 nights a week there so i will have to see how things change

Skylmt
06-02-2013, 01:18 PM

On another note, why is Utopian Chaos spamming my inbox? Their GM needs to get a hold on things.

i thought you quit? and drop 2 pros?
http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=24437

nearlysober
06-02-2013, 01:20 PM
I was under the impression that the Lotus Garden itself was account bound?

And that only the cards it creates, the daily Spectral Lotus would be tradeable?

stiii
06-02-2013, 01:21 PM

Turns out people who quit tend to just do it rather than posting on the forums.

Madican
06-02-2013, 01:21 PM
Lotus Garden is a card and thus tradeable.

Sci3nce
06-02-2013, 01:23 PM

Lotus Garden doesn't only come with Pro accounts. Not sure you're aware of this based on your post.

nearlysober
06-02-2013, 01:24 PM
Ah, didn't pay attention before. I thought both the cards that they showed us in the KS was the actual Spectral Lotus. They do look similar at a glance :)

Yeah you'd be crazy to trade that card away!

TheProphet
06-02-2013, 01:34 PM

me too

Chance
06-02-2013, 02:19 PM
I've asked him to cease spamming, if he wants to take a more polite road that'd be awesome! Please message Ashenor/Dralon if anyone from Utopian Chaos is out of hand/annoying

WWKnight
06-02-2013, 04:12 PM

First the GM is hearing about this. More info?

Sci3nce
06-02-2013, 04:15 PM
First the GM is hearing about this. More info?

I'll PM you so I don't tarnish anyone's name publicly.

Ashenor
06-02-2013, 05:27 PM
Send any concerns to me about anything UC i will fix it fast. WWK is a bit hands off with the guild for a bit, while working on our site side of things.

Dralon, Mauvebutterfly, or myself are the best contacts for now.

I will have a talk with him also, there is no need to be blowing up anyones inbox's at this point trying to arrange for something we won't even have access to for months.

WWKnight
06-02-2013, 11:10 PM
No, its all good thanks very much. I can handle these sorts of things.

majin
06-03-2013, 10:45 AM
I'll sell my 2 gardens now at $100 each then get 2 more kings tier :D

I already asked Hex about the garden being tradable (as the other one will be on my wife's account and I want to make sure I redeem the lotus daily) and got this reply

Cryptozoic Entertainment says:

Yes, they are tradable.

Thanks.

Zomnivore
06-03-2013, 11:04 AM
I'll sell my 2 gardens now at $100 each then get 2 more kings tier :D

I already asked Hex about the garden being tradable (as the other one will be on my wife's account and I want to make sure I redeem the lotus daily) and got this reply

Where does it become iffy for you guys around whether you'd do it or not right now, I think 40-70 would be my sweet spot, for how much that would subsidize another king tier.

MrCwis
06-03-2013, 12:24 PM

With authenticator support this shouldn't be an issue, your log in name is rarely your visible user name, and if they are the same then you need more help then that offers, and should probably change your password from "password" to something else that's not your birthday.

MrCwis
06-03-2013, 12:26 PM
Where does it become iffy for you guys around whether you'd do it or not right now, I think 40-70 would be my sweet spot, for how much that would subsidize another king tier.

ya that would be close to the same as me, you could sell all the boosters to cover the rest no problem.

Gwaer
06-13-2013, 08:18 AM
I'm just gonna bump this, since it's coming up again. My subtle attempts to make you realize what a bad idea it is to sell them in other threads appear to be a little too subtle.