PDA

View Full Version : So you're in for sure. What tier(s) are you sticking with?

Pages : [1] 2

whythelastman
06-02-2013, 11:22 AM
I don't know if there's a thread exclusively devoted to this so I felt like starting one up. I know a lot of people have this information in their signatures, but this might be nice to gather everything in one spot.

I am currently pledged at DC, with the intention of adding 2 Collectors and maybe a King as the deadline draws nearer. Holding out hope for a GK, though. :D

Gwaer
06-02-2013, 11:25 AM
=/ I don't know if this thread is a good idea, lots of people are already pretty sore about the tiers some of us have.

BossHoss
06-02-2013, 11:27 AM
I don't know if there's a thread exclusively devoted to this so I felt like starting one up. I know a lot of people have this information in their signatures, but this might be nice to gather everything in one spot.

I am currently pledged at DC, with the intention of adding 2 Collectors and maybe a King as the deadline draws nearer. Holding out hope for a GK, though. :D

Flip flopped for days about producer here... but I`ve come to the conclusion that the most enjoyment will come from my dinner & drafts (Dragonlord/Grand King/Pro Player/Pro Player)

Madican
06-02-2013, 11:28 AM
One Pro Player tier, though I wish the KS had been just a bit later so I could have gotten a Grand King for the PvE benefits too.

whythelastman
06-02-2013, 11:29 AM
Hah! I've learned that I should listen to you, Gwaer ;) I didn't consider this might fan the flames of animosity. I hope it doesn't.

I really was just curious. Also, and this thought just popped up, it might help me (and others) know which big fish to befriend in-game. I suppose that's what the guild threads are for though.

whythelastman
06-02-2013, 11:31 AM
@Boss: That sounds like a fantastic combination! And Dragonlord ain't too shabby, either. Glad you were able to reach a conclusion.

@Madican: 'Grats on a PP! I know how you feel about timing. I really wish I'd discovered this KS sooner. The good news is, we'll be so happy playing once it lands that we won't have time harbor regrets. At least I hope so.

true
I have guild master right now. I would have had but i was too late PP and personalty i think its the best for pvp after pp and GK.

There are people who have GK +2 PP accounts. Personally i wish Crypt did't let limited tiers be stacked.

MugenMusou
First time backing up kickstarter, first time spending upfront net loss (for now) on TCG and going with Grand King. If this TCG cannot succeed in digital world, I don't think anything else have a chance in terms of new TCG.

whythelastman
06-02-2013, 11:37 AM
@true: First GM I've come across! Very cool :) Have you found / started a guild already? As cool as the dungeons sound for soloing, I feel like the Raids will be uber-rewarding! But it seems like you'll need to have similarly-leveled/progressed friends to succeed.

@Mugen: I agree with your sentiments. If this can't succeed, what can? I do wish, with the blessing of hindsight, that I could have had the opportunity to take an upfront net loss instead of constantly buying booster boxes and packs back in my more active TCG days. The chance to do so now has made me very happy, since I'm confident in CZE's ability to keep HEX alive and well for a long time.

ForgedSol
06-02-2013, 11:38 AM
It looks like I'm not going to be able to go Primal like I wanted, without giving up more than I wanted, unless I can make some last minute sales on some of my Magic cards. At this point, if I could safely swap a Grand King for a Pro Player tier (and then pick up a Collector), I'd strongly consider it. Combining two Grand Kings seems like a waste. I'd get the same effect by combining a Grand King + Pro + Collector and get more boosters and stuff. Same price, but I don't remove a combo Guild Master/Raid Leader/Dungeon Crawler effect from the game.

whythelastman
06-02-2013, 11:41 AM
@Forged: Happy about your Primal! Alas, you are left with...first world problems :eek:

Zomnivore
06-02-2013, 11:42 AM
I feel like I'm going to go raidleader, although collector is calling to me about as much. Can't decide.

whythelastman
06-02-2013, 11:45 AM
@Zomni: Both! Regarding RL, do you have raid buddies to play with already? If so, I envy you :)

nicosharp
06-02-2013, 11:50 AM
GK for sure..
Waffling on the 2nd and potentially 3rd tier.
Might do Collector for 2nd, or King.
If I do King, I might do a 3rd King.

The extra two Kings would be pre-purchases for friends..
If I go for collector, I may keep for the wife and I, so we have a full playset of the exclusive arts.

Stok3d
06-02-2013, 11:52 AM
With the announcement that No New Tiers are to be released. I am willing to bet that Dungeon Crawler & the Collector numbers are about to go down pretty fast. I predict at least one to be gone by end of KS.

When they go... they go FAST!

Gregzilla
06-02-2013, 11:55 AM
Sticking with King, thaaaaaank you very much. :)

Tyrfang
06-02-2013, 11:59 AM
Stok3d: Honestly, I feel like a decent number of people sitting on collector or dungeon crawler are just refresh botting for PP.

Madican
06-02-2013, 12:00 PM
Probably, but I still expect DC to sell out by the end of the KS.

ForgedSol
06-02-2013, 12:04 PM
I've been watching the progress of the two tiers. Collector is slowly getting more pledges per day than Dungeon Crawler. I first started watching the number when there were about 42% of Collectors compared to the number of Dungeon Crawlers. It's risen to 47%. (Dungeon Crawler will still sell out first, but thought it was interesting that Collector has been gaining ground.)

If you're gonna camp. Might as well camp with the tier you would most likely want to settle on if you fail and/or with the tier that is mostly likely to run out next.

Verdant
06-02-2013, 12:06 PM
DC here. One of those eighty (or something like that) people who pledged the tier when PP was still alive and kicking. My friend is GK so we're pretty much covered in terms of guild and raid bonuses.

Tyrfang
06-02-2013, 12:06 PM
If you're gonna camp. Might as well camp with the tier you would most likely want to settle on if you fail and/or with the tier that is mostly likely to run out next.

They might drop down to King. I'll be interested to see how the last few days turns out.

Gerogero
06-02-2013, 12:07 PM
I was on the fence for awhile. starting at Captain and worked my way up to King. Its the best deal for what I could afford and I still get most of the goodies. What really locked me in was the Lotus Garden and the dip in booster pack costs.

BlindMan
06-02-2013, 12:07 PM
I was lucky enough to find the KS on day 3. At first I was bummed that I missed early bird king, but I had enough time to talk myself into PP before they sold out. Now I just feel lucky that I had that time. I also got my wife a King tier pledge.

@Tyrfang: I think the DC's are mostly legit. You can change your pledge amount without changing reward tiers. I would think anyone sitting on DC trying for PP is someone willing to go with DC if they can't have PP.

Sithos
06-02-2013, 12:30 PM
I started at Captain and was fairly happy there. But the more I read/saw/pondered I couldn't resist to bump up to King. I'm really excited about Dragon's Blood Deck, Spectral Lotus Garden, and Aethynia who will be BAMF for PVE.

Kalius
06-02-2013, 12:33 PM
had to wait until I got money, but I barely squeezed out the change for King.

PowderedToastMan
06-02-2013, 12:42 PM
Hey all,

So excited about this game... Last time I was this excited was FFVII anyway I digress.... I bought King and with my economical situation It will be all I can afford but its better than nothing and I am just happy to be part of 10000+ so far in this elite group of backers.

Love ya Cory and Team! :)

P.S Cory, I am going to try to call you tomorrow (monday) and offer my voice acting services for free for any future villians you my need done.

Cheers,
Billy

SenecaTheYounger
06-02-2013, 12:50 PM
Man, I feel like a scrub at Knight tier after reading this thread.

tgm0112
06-02-2013, 12:54 PM

Right there with you, friend. :D

I'm still tempted by King, but only for my name in the credits of something that I hope/expect will be a part of the gaming community for a long time. Still, can't justify dropping another $55 on vanity.

BlindMan
06-02-2013, 12:57 PM

You should feel like the sane one in an asylum. I tried so hard to stay at Knight. You get a primal pack, it's the cost of one video game in a store, it makes sense.

KingBlackstone
06-02-2013, 12:59 PM
Pro Tier-- I don't want any PvE bonuses period.

Banquetto
06-02-2013, 01:47 PM
I'm sitting on Warrior at the moment. I might bump it up to Captain, but as a rule I don't ever put more than the box price of a regular game down on a gaming Kickstarter.

Kalius
06-02-2013, 01:50 PM
I'm sitting on Warrior at the moment. I might bump it up to Captain, but as a rule I don't ever put more than the box price of a regular game down on a gaming Kickstarter.

well, the "box" price for a regular TCG is over $100 to be fair =P

hex_colin
06-02-2013, 01:59 PM
Currently - Producer & Dragon Lord. I'm going to add 2 Kings though...

DisOrd3r
06-02-2013, 02:06 PM
Atm I have Grand king, Pro Player and The Collector. Will see if im able to snatch a GK or a Pro Player ^^ (Please don't hate)

wallofomens
06-02-2013, 02:08 PM
Just a King here. But proud of it! Definitely more than I can spend on HEX right now, but I am glad I am. :D

MasterN64
06-02-2013, 02:09 PM
Grand king and i dont think im gonna be going any higher or lower.

Kietay
06-02-2013, 02:42 PM
Atm I have Grand king, Pro Player and The Collector. Will see if im able to snatch a GK or a Pro Player ^^ (Please don't hate)

Same right now! I am actually glad collector gets 2x AA cards now.

Stok3d
06-02-2013, 02:42 PM
I'm officially done now (although I've said that 3x before)

Gwaer
06-02-2013, 03:19 PM
Hah! I've learned that I should listen to you, Gwaer ;) I didn't consider this might fan the flames of animosity. I hope it doesn't.

I really was just curious. Also, and this thought just popped up, it might help me (and others) know which big fish to befriend in-game. I suppose that's what the guild threads are for though.

Fair enough, this seems to be going pretty well. I'm pledging GKx2 PPx2 collector x1. Probably going to combine GK+PP+PP+CL and have a second GK account for my wife/friends to play on to get them hooked.

Selix
06-02-2013, 03:31 PM
It looks like I'm not going to be able to go Primal like I wanted, without giving up more than I wanted, unless I can make some last minute sales on some of my Magic cards. At this point, if I could safely swap a Grand King for a Pro Player tier (and then pick up a Collector), I'd strongly consider it. Combining two Grand Kings seems like a waste. I'd get the same effect by combining a Grand King + Pro + Collector and get more boosters and stuff. Same price, but I don't remove a combo Guild Master/Raid Leader/Dungeon Crawler effect from the game.

I have a Pro Player slot through Kickstarter (not paypal) and would like to switch to Grand King. If interested we can call crypto and see if they can facilitate the trade. I won't consider any other method though as I don't want to risk losing my Pro Player if I can't get a Grand King.

theradol
06-02-2013, 03:32 PM
Fair enough, this seems to be going pretty well. I'm pledging GKx2 PPx2 collector x1. Probably going to combine GK+PP+PP+CL and have a second GK account for my wife/friends to play on to get them hooked.

man, i bet you will feel silly if this game never launches.

as well as nearly everyone on this forum.

Selix
06-02-2013, 03:35 PM
man, i bet you will feel silly if this game never launches.

as well as nearly everyone on this forum.

Their history of launching games is fairly extensive if only looking at the forums..
http://forums.cryptozoic.com/forum.php

ForgedSol
06-02-2013, 03:47 PM
I have a Pro Player slot through Kickstarter (not paypal) and would like to switch to Grand King. If interested we can call crypto and see if they can facilitate the trade. I won't consider any other method though as I don't want to risk losing my Pro Player if I can't get a Grand King.

I know exactly what you mean about risking it. But I doubt Cryptozic has control over Kickstarter pledges. That would actually be pretty scary when thinking about Kickstarter in general if a project could switch around people's pledges. I'd consider swapping a throwaway email account, after figuring out how to cancel the amazon payment to make sure it doesn't go through on my end, but I wouldn't want to be the first person to swap.

BlindMan
06-02-2013, 03:54 PM
I would be nervous about swapping pledges even if I wasn't trading with someone. I'm pledged PP and thought about trying to snipe a GK (while dropping the PP). Even though I'm pretty sure I can't accidentally lose my PP without also gaining GK, it still worries me.

Lazybum
06-02-2013, 03:59 PM
GK+ collectors for sure with prob a king or added in during the last days lol

Talreth
06-02-2013, 04:08 PM
3x PP and after selling my magic collection, a collector.

verozo
06-02-2013, 05:22 PM
I came pretty late to the party (Only came across this KS last week), but managed to get myself x2 PP tiers.

Am satisfied.

Cotton
06-02-2013, 05:33 PM
Currently - Producer & Dragon Lord. I'm going to add 2 Kings though...

Why??? Do u like wasting money? I have to be the voice of reason here, but have you stopped and asked yourself why? Producer is fine, but what are you gaining by also getting Dragon Lord and 2x Kings? Is your cash just burning a hole in your pocket?

verozo
06-02-2013, 05:35 PM
Why??? Do u like wasting money? I have to be the voice of reason here, but have you stopped and asked yourself why? Producer is fine, but what are you gaining by also getting Dragon Lord and 2x Kings? Is your cash just burning a hole in your pocket?

It's his money, what's with your rage?

IndigoShade
06-02-2013, 05:36 PM
Maybe he just likes buying alpha access for everybody!

Cotton
06-02-2013, 05:37 PM
It's his money, what's with your rage?

Did my post come across as rage to you?

ForgedSol
06-02-2013, 05:38 PM

Well... he gets a second draft per week and a second vanity card and gets a complete set of AA cards instead of just two. The Dragonlord makes sense to me. The kings... maybe it's for more spectral lotuses? And just to get more boosters to draft more. He's set on constructed, but still needs packs to draft.

SenecaTheYounger
06-02-2013, 05:45 PM
Right there with you, friend. :D

I'm still tempted by King, but only for my name in the credits of something that I hope/expect will be a part of the gaming community for a long time. Still, can't justify dropping another $55 on vanity.

That was a very tempting item. Maybe if this ended next month after I start the new job. Oh well.

You should feel like the sane one in an asylum. I tried so hard to stay at Knight. You get a primal pack, it's the cost of one video game in a store, it makes sense.

Thanks for that. :)

juggernaut
06-02-2013, 05:56 PM
Grand King here and that wont be changing. Still deciding on whether or not to buyin King for both my brothers.

hoodieblanket
06-02-2013, 06:03 PM
Did my post come across as rage to you?

it really did. You are demeaning a persons decision to purchase what he wanted with his money. That is not you being the "voice of reason" but rather being an asshole.

Cotton
06-02-2013, 06:06 PM
it really did. You are demeaning a persons decision to purchase what he wanted with his money. That is not you being the "voice of reason" but rather being an asshole.

Not sure if serious?

hoodieblanket
06-02-2013, 06:09 PM
Not sure if serious?

I am probably coming across as an asshole as well so I am sorry but read this to yourself as if you have just made a significant purchase with your own earned money towards something you wanted, and then have someone come say this to you.

Seems like you are a bit angry at him for using his money the way he likes.

Cotton
06-02-2013, 06:12 PM
We can help him/her get a lot more value within this kickstarter then the way he's currently going about it.

Empyrium
06-02-2013, 06:14 PM
Grand King for my wife and Grand King for myself, will be fun to draft at the same time on the couch, talk about quality couple time. :)

Cotton
06-02-2013, 06:17 PM
Grand King for my wife and Grand King for myself, will be fun to draft at the same time on the couch, talk about quality couple time. :)

Your a lucky man, wish my gf played..

Typhon
06-02-2013, 06:44 PM
Primal here; but I'm looking to mix it up and try to end up with a GK, PP, Collector + 2x King in the end instead. If bitcoins bounce; I may end up with a Producer; but that's really hard for me to swallow right now.

tgm0112
06-02-2013, 06:51 PM
Your a lucky man, wish my gf played..

Mine will. I busted out my dusty, old MTG shoe box to show her the basics two days ago. I had her play a black deck against my favorite green.

Got to tell you, her methodology and questions brought back some fond memories. I'd forgotten some of those cards too. Looked it up and I can still make about $30 for the lot. Sentimental value, though.

EDIT:
That was a very tempting item. Maybe if this ended next month after I start the new job. Oh well.

It's really not the price. It's just that at 150 boosters you're pretty much ensured at least one ideal deck (be it through opening or drafting) without much struggle. I relish the slow progression to all-powerful from humble beginnings in terms of deck strategy.

^Is double-quoting bugging out for anyone else?^

hex_colin
06-02-2013, 07:16 PM
Well... he gets a second draft per week and a second vanity card and gets a complete set of AA cards instead of just two. The Dragonlord makes sense to me. The kings... maybe it's for more spectral lotuses? And just to get more boosters to draft more. He's set on constructed, but still needs packs to draft.

Exactly on the money! The Kings are for the Lotus Gardens/Spectral Lotuses more than anything else.

Skirovik
06-02-2013, 07:18 PM
Went with the GK when there were only 150 left. Definitely not regretting it! :D

hex_colin
06-02-2013, 07:21 PM
It's the easy way (for me anyway) to guarantee at least 4 of every card at launch (including the Lotus).

How much money I have is irrelevant. Like everyone else in the KS, I'm helping get the game into our hands.

Kami
06-02-2013, 07:24 PM
Exactly on the money! The Kings are for the Lotus Gardens/Spectral Lotuses more than anything else.

You already get four Spectral Lotus Gardens with just a Producer + DL though. o.o

ForgedSol
06-02-2013, 07:26 PM
You already get four Spectral Lotus Gardens with just a Producer + DL though. o.o

I don't think you can really go wrong with more spectral lotuses. You only get one a day for each garden. If you find out you use them a lot, you're going to wish you had more.

hex_colin
06-02-2013, 07:26 PM
We can help him/her get a lot more value within this kickstarter then the way he's currently going about it.

You and I value things differently. I don't need my pledges to generate the same or more value in boosters, drafts, cards, etc. I value my time most highly of all, and my pledges will allow me to play when and how I want to play...

ForgedSol
06-02-2013, 07:38 PM
I'd absolutely join you at Producer if I could, but right now I still back and forth on considering if Primal is something I can reasonably do. If I only had two more weeks past the end of the kickstarter I could do it.

Cotton
06-02-2013, 07:41 PM
You and I value things differently. I don't need my pledges to generate the same or more value in boosters, drafts, cards, etc. I value my time most highly of all, and my pledges will allow me to play when and how I want to play...

I didn't mean value in the sense of amount of packs. I'm not even sure Crypto will allow you to have two separate cards with the same face. Your pretty much merging a sold out rare tier with a tier that has all those same benefits. Just to get another free draft a week?

HyenaNipples
06-02-2013, 07:54 PM
Seems like everyone is pretty into the big tiers. I just got out of the Peace Corps and working min. wage picking up dog shit at an animal shelter, sooooo don't have too much to throw around on frivolity.

BUT, that's okay with me, as the Captain tier is just perfect in my opinion. The max starter decks and a hefty chunk of boosters to get me going in the game for some constructed PvP. Not of the alt. art stuff interests me, and the PVE AI is going to have to be really good, because I don't see much point in playing a TCG against a computer. Defeating people is all I'm interested in. So none of the exclusive PVE stuff meant much to my eye.

I just hope there will be rankings and such for good old fashioned duels, and preferably, a way to get rewards out of that. I'm willing to put down a bit of money a month if the game is good (like the minor sub. fee rumor that's going around), but if I have to pay money all the time just for any form of meaningful PVP action, I'll be very disappointed.

hex_colin
06-02-2013, 07:55 PM
I didn't mean value in the sense of amount of packs. I'm not even sure Crypto will allow you to have two separate cards with the same face. Your pretty much merging a sold out rare tier with a tier that has all those same benefits. Just to get another free draft a week?

There are other reasons actually. I'm not merging any of the accounts - I may trade some of the exclusive cards between them though. Maybe I occasionally want to not be on my Producer account and be a little more anonymous as a DL, or even more anonymous as a King. Also, my likeness isn't going to be on at least one, maybe both, of the cards I get the opportunity to do that for - there are other people in my life that would get a kick out of seeing their likeness immortalized in a game.

I think this game is going to be amazing. I'm supporting it in a big way obviously. I trust that everyone who supports the game has good reasons (to them, and that's all that matters!) to pledge at the level they did. At worst, I'm a dude with money and no skillz who has disproportionately helped get the game into your hands! At best, you're going to fear for your tournament life when you see my sleeves ;)

Digital_Aether
06-02-2013, 07:58 PM
I talked myself down to King x 2. I may add another king or two, but I know I'm in for 2 accounts at least. I get an account to loot for cards and my buddy gets a bunch of mercenaries, starter decks, and can play starting in alpha. I really have played far too much pokemon as a child, and have that "gotta catch'em all" mentality. Today's update mentioned my sealed deck dungeon idea, and if that's in, I'm totally playing ALL of my boosters through that, and may need that other king or two.

silverlocke
06-02-2013, 08:00 PM
GK

IndigoShade
06-02-2013, 08:02 PM
Gk, pro, collector. Prepared to enjoy PvE & PvP for years to come!

BossHoss
06-02-2013, 08:04 PM
I talked myself down to King x 2. I may add another king or two, but I know I'm in for 2 accounts at least. I get an account to loot for cards and my buddy gets a bunch of mercenaries, starter decks, and can play starting in alpha. I really have played far too much pokemon as a child, and have that "gotta catch'em all" mentality. Today's update mentioned my sealed deck dungeon idea, and if that's in, I'm totally playing ALL of my boosters through that, and may need that other king or two.

I can`t believe the shout out didn`t come with a Producer "payment"... ;p

Cotton
06-02-2013, 08:08 PM
I think this game is going to be amazing. I'm supporting it in a big way obviously. I trust that everyone who supports the game has good reasons (to them, and that's all that matters!) to pledge at the level they did. At worst, I'm a dude with money and no skillz who has disproportionately helped get the game into your hands! At best, you're going to fear for your tournament life when you see my sleeves ;)

You Sound like a cool guy. Sorry if I came across as a dick

TheDiv
06-02-2013, 08:11 PM
At the moment I'm a DC but will soon be adding a Collector to that. $500 is a lot of money but the passion from the developers and the community is contagious. I'm far more excited for this than I have been for any other game to the point that I have taken the money I've been saving for my PS4 and using it for this instead! Who needs a "next-gen" console when you have Hex? :D

nuke54
06-02-2013, 08:11 PM
I haven't really played an actual physical TCG. I've only really played the Magic DOTP games on PC and I did a couple drafts on MTGO. But for some reason when my friend sent me the link for the kickstarter the other day I was pretty much torn between the Dungeon Crawler, Guild Master, and Raid Leader tiers. I finally settled on the Dungeon Crawler tier. Can't wait to play this game.

Skirovik
06-02-2013, 08:14 PM
the PVE AI is going to have to be really good, because I don't see much point in playing a TCG against a computer.

Cory has said that the AI will be really good and that the Dungeons/Raids will be genuinely challenging. Coming from someone who has had that many years experience playing hardcore TCGs and MMOs, I am willing to believe it will be exactly as he says. :D

whythelastman
06-02-2013, 08:17 PM
Started thinking about Primal again now that the number is creeping up. The collective excitement from the community is palpable--I can't wait!

Draugr
06-02-2013, 08:32 PM
I just stumbled across this game today. I Haven't played a TCG since MtG and Doomtrooper back in the mid 90's but watching a few videos sold me. I picked up a champion tier and am really looking forward to getting into the game.

TheDiv
06-02-2013, 08:32 PM
Cory has said that the AI will be really good and that the Dungeons/Raids will be genuinely challenging. Coming from someone who has had that many years experience playing hardcore TCGs and MMOs, I am willing to believe it will be exactly as he says. :D

Exactly right. As he mentioned in the latest interview with Angry Joe, I really think we are underestimating the PvE content and I am insanely excited for it all!

Started thinking about Primal again now that the number is creeping up. The collective excitement from the community is palpable--I can't wait!

If you can afford it, go for it man! I've always told myself, we regret the things we don't do in life far more than the things we do do.

Yes, I said doo doo :P

ForgedSol
06-02-2013, 08:33 PM

Take a look at the actual game and see the size of the decks vs the field. Custom sleeves are going to be pretty small. That did tip me back towards not going Primal. (But if I did go Primal, I know what I want my sleeves to be like and how to use that small space.) But then listening the AngryJoe video and listening to Cory talk about Guild battles it made me think that 4x PvE cards could be pretty useful since I expect to mostly play PvP.

Skirovik
06-02-2013, 08:34 PM
I just stumbled across this game today. I Haven't played a TCG since MtG and Doomtrooper back in the mid 90's but watching a few videos sold me. I picked up a champion tier and am really looking forward to getting into the game.

Welcome aboard! :D

Exactly right. As he mentioned in the latest interview with Angry Joe, I really think we are underestimating the PvE content and I am insanely excited for it all!

If you can afford it, go for it man! I've always told myself, we regret the things we don't do in life far more than the things we do do.

I completely agree with this. Yes, all of it!

elfstone
06-02-2013, 08:39 PM
Picked up a pro a couple hours before they sold out. Can't friggin afford it, but thats what my CC is for :)

IndigoShade
06-02-2013, 10:07 PM
On the bright side, Cory gave us all kinds of good ideas in his video on how to raise money to pay for all of these pledges that we can't afford!

mainstager
06-02-2013, 10:08 PM
If someone wants to free up a GK sometime in the next hour, I've been camping it all day, and I think my F5 button is about to wear out.

Please and Thank You :)

tgm0112
06-02-2013, 10:14 PM
I have to swallow my words. This minute, I'm swinging back toward upgrading into King.

Cornholio666
06-03-2013, 12:26 AM
Holdin' Steady at 4X Producer, may make a 5th alternate to grab a couple Immortals just cause I like the name.

lucedes
06-03-2013, 01:16 AM
started at knight, because that's a pretty reasonable buy-in.

went up to king, because i figured the garden will probably be worth it when we get into the later pve raids/dungeons.
plus 150 boosters is enough for a ton of drafts. probably enough to provide momentum for the whole set 1 season.

staying at king because that is how much money i have to spend on this!

Vejuz
06-03-2013, 01:28 AM
As someone who backed at the Warrior level and thought that was a bit pricey, I can't help but think you are all either insane or insanely rich. :P

But in good way. I admire your enthusiasm if not your money management skills. After all, I might just get Alpha access, name rev and guild creation out of your collective insanity. ;)

AstaSyneri
06-03-2013, 01:54 AM
As someone who backed at the Warrior level and thought that was a bit pricey, I can't help but think you are all either insane or insanely rich. :P

But in good way. I admire your enthusiasm if not your money management skills. After all, I might just get Alpha access, name rev and guild creation out of your collective insanity. ;)

Hehe. I'd rather say many of the higher backers have extensive experience with one TCG or the other - and an idea about TCO in such a game. If you want to play at a high level you need a certain stock of cards and the higher tiers give you that aplenty (e.g. King 150 boosters for $120, something people will regret not having later on, having to pay $300 for the same cards), plus the extra promo cards and perks.

Let's say it's a calculated risk.

hoodieblanket
06-03-2013, 03:30 AM
Hehe. I'd rather say many of the higher backers have extensive experience with one TCG or the other - and an idea about TCO in such a game. If you want to play at a high level you need a certain stock of cards and the higher tiers give you that aplenty (e.g. King 150 boosters for $120, something people will regret not having later on, having to pay $300 for the same cards), plus the extra promo cards and perks.

Let's say it's a calculated risk.

haha i am a king backer and have no tcg experience at all apart from yugioh when i was younger. I saw the king as being an amazing deal and because I am super interested in this game. problem is I have no concept of what anything means in TCG's so i will be learning the hard way

majin
06-03-2013, 03:50 AM
my wife and i decided before to get 2 warrior or 2 captains for us but we just finalized it to 2 kings. i wish i can get the cash to upgrade one of our account to one of the $250 tier or get another king for the 3 lotus garden and all those boosters and exclusive cards but i don't think it will happen in the next 4 days :(

Kilo24
06-03-2013, 03:51 AM
Grand King and King x2. It started around King, went up to Grand King, and then went for two Kings to get the steady income of a playset of Spectral Lotuses daily and to allow for another account with the Kickstarter exclusives.

I'm putting all the money in with the thin excuse of it being a college graduation present for myself. I'm really gambling here that this is going to be a long-lasting game that keeps my attention; this is the first TCG I've put any significant money in. Even though I still pull up Gatherer at times to look at and muse over Magic deck ideas, I don't know enough local players to make it viable so I don't actually own any cards. It was a thin line between me putting $0 into a TCG versus putting a few hundred into it, and Hex crossed that line (and then pulled me over to the $740 mark.)

Vomitlord
06-03-2013, 04:29 AM
I'm a collector.

extremely glad some of the higher tiers have gone or my credit card would have taken a bashing.

Don't believe I've ever seen a project on KS with rewards as good as this.

History may make a fool of me but I strongly believe this game will take mtgo's crown.

FranzVonG
06-03-2013, 05:11 AM
Started with King on day 2 of the KS campaign, looked more than enough for a casual match here and there.
Then some games I was waiting for got canceled or dumbed down or I simply began to loose interest in them due to Hex features (really, I cannot play any other online TCG at the moment..). So I moved to Grand King.
After that, as a pure PvPer, I did my math (maybe wrong) and I decided to move back (or better side-ward) to 1 PP + 1 Collector. Today I added a Knight, just for fun ;)

Avignon
06-03-2013, 05:29 AM
I started with a Pro Player tier when there was like 40 left. I woke up at 8am Australian time and checked to see 300+ left. By 11am I thought I would see how it was going and panicked (like a lot) to lock 1 down.

I then thought about a second Pro Player tier one day later and started jamming F5 (as didn't know about auto refresh) and after 5 minutes found an Early Bird King laying about. I thought I might as well grab that and wondered if it was an omen that I should stop there.

2 days later (day 14 or something?) I decided I really wanted the second Pro Player tier and loaded up auto refresh (no check for change, just watched) in Firefox and found one within 10 minutes! Grabbed it fast and sat on it.

I then thought about Grand King about 3 days after they sold out but was too slow to get one and by this time everyone was auto refreshing. From Australia the latency is no good so I ruled out that option. I sat on a Dungeon Crawler, and pondered.

So now I have NFI what to do as I love my PvP, particularly drafting but am worried that the time difference that puts my playtime about 4am-7am US time and about 12pm-3pm Euro time may be spent waiting for long periods to get one going. I do enjoy PvE card games and think the dungeons will be fun, but see no real point combining DC with PP as its just a really bad Grand King. At this stage I am leaning towards Pro Player x 2 and dropping the EBK but may keep it for my 4 year old daughter or a friend who might want to play later on.

Why does throwing money away have to be so complicated! Any thoughts as to what I should do would be appreciated.

Brumby66
06-03-2013, 05:41 AM
GK, PP, and Collector for me. Goodbye PS4 money. I think this will be better anyways lol.

FranzVonG
06-03-2013, 06:04 AM
I do enjoy PvE card games and think the dungeons will be fun, but see no real point combining DC with PP as its just a really bad Grand King.

With double amount of cards... ;)

jai151
06-03-2013, 06:07 AM
I'm one of those jerks wearing his pledge on his sleeve. Well, technically I'm wearing it on my sig. Well, technically I'm not wearing it at all...

It's just in my sig.

Skylmt
06-03-2013, 06:17 AM
Pro player here new to tcg.. I challenge all of ya to a duel hahahahaha
gotta catch'em alllllll

~I'm gonna be the very best no one ever has~
can't wait to play with you guys tho

Avignon
06-03-2013, 06:18 AM
With double amount of cards... ;)

Yes true, but Grand King gets free packs from Guild master, AA cards and also those cards are mainly Set 1. Think I will prob just go double Pro tier as 6+ packs a week for life for free seems good and (hopefully) I can trade my way into some of the Dungeon stuff I need which is totally a secondary objective anyway. Just what to do with the EBK now hmm.

Indormi
06-03-2013, 06:23 AM
GK gets 50 set 2 boosters as a strech goal

LexC
06-03-2013, 06:27 AM
From the start I picked up 1x Pro and 3x King and I was considering dropping one of the Kings but not anymore, I'm going all in :D

fitzle
06-03-2013, 06:31 AM
I bought Champion and I'm pretty thrilled at my choice. I am going to get a lot of cards and exclusives for what amounts to the price of a new video game and feel like I supported a great project. I am glad for the people with the disposable income to drop a mortgage payment on a yet to be released CCG even if I am unwilling to go there. These are guys (and gals) who are real enthusiasts and helped jump start this game towards the finish lines.

In 4 more days the slight grumbling from some people about what they did or didn't get will come to a close and we can move forward to more general excitement about the game developing!

jai151
06-03-2013, 06:35 AM
I bought Champion and I'm pretty thrilled at my choice. I am going to get a lot of cards and exclusives for what amounts to the price of a new video game and feel like I supported a great project. I am glad for the people with the disposable income to drop a mortgage payment on a yet to be released CCG even if I am unwilling to go there. These are guys (and gals) who are real enthusiasts and helped jump start this game towards the finish lines.

In 4 more days the slight grumbling from some people about what they did or didn't get will come to a close and we can move forward to more general excitement about the game developing!

Yep, then we can all stop whining about tiers and start whining about how long it's gonna be until Alpha =P

TheDiv
06-03-2013, 06:45 AM
Okay. I'm giving up hope on a GK unless some kind soul decides to drop it and lets me know before they do xD

If that fails then I'll be in as a DC + Collector and I'll still be a happy little shin'hare.

Lord_Snow
06-03-2013, 06:57 AM
GK (KS) + King (PayPal)

Proziam
06-03-2013, 07:41 AM
Producer, because y'know, reasons...

mainstager
06-03-2013, 08:45 AM
Okay. I'm giving up hope on a GK unless some kind soul decides to drop it and lets me know before they do xD

If that fails then I'll be in as a DC + Collector and I'll still be a happy little shin'hare.

My thoughts exactly :cool:

GK is the target, but DC + Collecter will still be super amazing!

mainstager
06-03-2013, 11:25 AM
Aaaaaaaand I got it. 3 days of hard camping a KS page...wtf is wrong with me?

...but nonetheless...

SWEET SWEET VICTORY!!!

Stig
06-03-2013, 11:27 AM
Congrats mainstager! Next one is MINE! :D

Ashenor
06-03-2013, 11:28 AM
Dragon Lord, 2x Pro's, 1x Pro i am giving away soon for our site, and maybe a king to round things out.

jai151
06-03-2013, 11:28 AM
Congrats mainstager! Next one is MINE! :D

Wait, so someone was faster than the Stig?

Mind is blown.

Tyrfang
06-03-2013, 11:29 AM
Wait, so someone was faster than the Stig?

Mind is blown.

mainstager is actually Lewis Hamilton IRL.

Stig
06-03-2013, 11:33 AM
My gloves got in the way, make it difficult to click ;)

mainstager
06-03-2013, 11:39 AM
mainstager is actually Lewis Hamilton IRL.

I'm actually a Jedi IRL. Srsly -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WbFkfIRP-Y (that's me)

jai151
06-03-2013, 11:43 AM
My gloves got in the way, make it difficult to click ;)

Some say his gloves are actually cybernetics to hide his flippers. And that he actually types... with his gentleman's sausage. All we know is he's called the Stig!

whythelastman
06-03-2013, 02:22 PM
Congrats mainstager! Unless I can snipe a PP, GK or DL, looks like I'm back to Primal. I feel like the latest update really pushed me. And reading everyone's responses has pushed me as well.

Tyrfang
06-03-2013, 02:34 PM
Missed a PP just 5 minutes ago... :(

mainstager
06-03-2013, 02:40 PM
Thanks lastman!

I never wanted more than single GK, so I got my wish! I definitely plan on giving the Guild Master packs to friends to help grow the player base.

Primal, eh? Wow - very impressive :)

whythelastman
06-03-2013, 03:13 PM
@Tyr: how long have you been trying? My gf almost sniped a DL for me last night. Actually saw the screen at the perfect time and everything. Hope you get it!

@mainstager: Happy for you :) If I had time I'd try to snipe but I doubt I'll be able to, which is why I wanted to lock in Primal now. It's actually not a smart move for me financially, but I'm very confident that all of us early backers will not only be rewarded for our initial investment, but more importantly with a game that will last a very long time. The justification to myself is: if Hex explodes, this can be the only game I'll ever want to play for a while. And with lifetime perks, that's good enough for me. The initial investment will seem like a drop in the bucket as the years go by. Of course, you could ask me how I'm doing in a couple months to see if I'm singing the same tune :P

Tyrfang
06-03-2013, 03:14 PM
@Tyr: how long have you been trying? My gf almost sniped a DL for me last night. Actually saw the screen at the perfect time and everything. Hope you get it!

@mainstager: Happy for you :) If I had time I'd try to snipe but I doubt I'll be able to, which is why I wanted to lock in Primal now. It's actually not a smart move for me financially, but I'm very confident that all of us early backers will not only be rewarded for our initial investment, but more importantly with a game that will last a very long time. The justification to myself is: if Hex explodes, this can be the only game I'll ever want to play for a while. And with lifetime perks, that's good enough for me. The initial investment will seem like a drop in the bucket as the years go by. Of course, you could ask me how I'm doing in a couple months to see if I'm singing the same tune :P

Mmm... mostly just today and yesterday.

whythelastman
06-03-2013, 03:20 PM
If you've got the time, keep at it. Most people have predicted lots of dropping to come in the last few days.

Skylmt
06-03-2013, 03:41 PM
I was king and all the pp tier where gone.. I refreshed for ebk and saw pro and told everyone in ks discussion and someone got it. Two days later still looking for ebk... And I saw another pp tier... I thought to myself if this stay open for five min than I'm gonna get it... And now I'm at pro player.... I think it was meant to be lol

Zomnivore
06-03-2013, 03:45 PM
Locked at the collector tier decided a raid buff wasn't worth it.

Hope I'm not disappointed with the collector aa art :P

Liokae
06-03-2013, 03:55 PM
Trying to re-snag a Grand King... if not, then I'll pick up either a Collector, or Collector + Guild Leader.

Tyrfang
06-03-2013, 04:42 PM
Huh. This time....not only did I miss a PP, it went to -1 of 913 before I noticed there was a slot AT ALL...

Lochar
06-03-2013, 04:46 PM
With so many people sniping I'm expecting to see a -2 on PP or GK eventually.

And I'm keeping mine, so you can't have it.

Liokae
06-03-2013, 04:50 PM
Huh. This time....not only did I miss a PP, it went to -1 of 913 before I noticed there was a slot AT ALL...

I suppose it's at least good to know there's some leeway in locking in a pledge, then. XD Two people snagged the same "one remaining" slot.

I wish I'd just kept my grand king from before. Should have just figured that, on the slim chance my finances DID end up allowing for it, I should keep the slot. Now I'm stuck trying to snipe back to something I already had.

Tyrfang
06-03-2013, 04:55 PM
I suppose it's at least good to know there's some leeway in locking in a pledge, then. XD Two people snagged the same "one remaining" slot.

I wish I'd just kept my grand king from before. Should have just figured that, on the slim chance my finances DID end up allowing for it, I should keep the slot. Now I'm stuck trying to snipe back to something I already had.

Haha, I did the same thing with PP. Had a chance for PP, but went GK instead. I want to see if I can reverse it, but chances are, I'll just be in for GK. :rolleyes:

Honestly, I'm just trying to lower my pledge so I can increase my pledge in Star Citizen...

true
06-03-2013, 05:36 PM
@whythelastman not yet not sure if i will start one or just join one. for me its about the extra packs. there will be plenty of GK the give the same guild buff.

Moltenronrick
06-03-2013, 06:55 PM
King for sure, I am trying to talk myself into/out of double dipping with a Captain or Knight second tier.

whythelastman
06-03-2013, 09:18 PM
@true: great point! sometimes I forget the higher tiers include all the $250-buffs and not just vanity items + lifetime draft perks

@Molten: if you have the means, double dip! :D my approach has been to make sure I don't come away regretting my chance to get the most value after being here from the beginning.

Poetic
06-04-2013, 05:32 AM
I haven't pledge yet, holding out hope I can snag a pro tier. But I'll be getting Collector for sure and probably a King. This would give me 5 of each exclusive and 3 Lotus right? Like 310 packs and a year of free drafts?

Avignon
06-04-2013, 06:27 AM
sounds about right Poetic, you make it sound really good actually hah. You may not get 5 of each PvP exclusive, think maybe 3?

TheWrathofShane
06-04-2013, 06:31 AM
I am king!!! Soooo much value for my buck :D

Liokae
06-04-2013, 02:53 PM
Son of a- leave it running all night, and all through class, without a ping... but I take a ONE HOUR nap and I miss my auto-refresh hunter saying it found a free spot on Grand King.

Gwaer
06-04-2013, 02:55 PM
Son of a- leave it running all night, and all through class, without a ping... but I take a ONE HOUR nap and I miss my auto-refresh hunter saying it found a free spot on Grand King.
Ouch. Talk about harsh lessons.

Cato
06-04-2013, 03:01 PM
Been on a Grand King for a few weeks now. I'm glad Dragon Lord sold out when it did... saved me from myself ;)

Liokae
06-04-2013, 03:04 PM
Ouch. Talk about harsh lessons.

I'm not sleeping until it pings me again. :mad:

Marsden
06-04-2013, 03:06 PM
GK+Collector via Paypal with an Early King sitting on Kickstarter right from the start.
Considering if I'm going to gift that King and/or add another King or two onto my account.

OysterPrime
06-04-2013, 03:23 PM
I'm sticking with Grand King. I was wavering for a bit since it's a lot of money, but since there is such a great value included in that $500 and I plan to play the game for a long time, it should be worth it in the end.

Liokae
06-04-2013, 03:27 PM
I'm sticking with Grand King. I was wavering for a bit since it's a lot of money, but since there is such a great value included in that $500 and I plan to play the game for a long time, it should be worth it in the end.

*force handwave* You want to give up your Grand King...

d00dz
06-04-2013, 03:28 PM
Ending up with Producer + GK + 2x Pro Player.

My poor wallet :'(

Liokae
06-04-2013, 03:31 PM

Come now, surely you could drop that GK for another of the $250 tiers? Think of how your wallet would thank you! ;-)

d00dz
06-04-2013, 03:34 PM
Come now, surely you could drop that GK for another of the $250 tiers? Think of how your wallet would thank you! ;-)

Hahaha. Nah, I would prefer to drop those 2 Pro Players for another GK instead :)

Vibraxus
06-04-2013, 03:35 PM
Grand King. Quite happy with my rash decision.

Kami
06-04-2013, 03:36 PM

Wow, you must have a lot of free time. ^^;

Two drafts per week is already ~6 hours worth of time of PvP only. There's still PvE content and other stuff to do (in-game and IRL).

I would've done something similar but couldn't figure out how I'd have the time hence only the additional GK for me (just enough to get a full play-set of exclusive cards and four Gardens too).

Tyrfang
06-04-2013, 03:36 PM
I gave up on getting pro players when the only time I got an auto-refresh ping was when it went to -1.
(Happened 3 times today...)

d00dz
06-04-2013, 03:39 PM
Wow, you must have a lot of free time. ^^;

Two drafts per week is already ~6 hours worth of time of PvP only. There's still PvE content and other stuff to do (in-game and IRL).

I would've done something similar but couldn't figure out how I'd have the time hence only the additional GK for me (just enough to get a full play-set of exclusive cards and four Gardens too).

Primary reason for multiple pledging is so that I can multibox. I messaged CZE to ask if multiboxing is allowed and they said yes so long as the payment details for each account are unique. With a Producer sandbox, it would be fun to create 3 decks that are synergistic with each other and try to solo raid bosses with 3 accounts.

I am considering dropping the 2 Pro Players and getting 1 GK instead because I think I may not always be able to run 4 drafts a week. 3 is very feasible though. And a 3rd GK will help me more with my multiboxing attempts (3x Raid Leader perks)

ConnorJS
06-04-2013, 03:40 PM
Captain :( Been stalking Hex since like day 2 and have only had the money to scrape captain. Unemployed student who gets very little money and has his partners birthday coming up...

Gwaer
06-04-2013, 03:41 PM
I keep hoping if I stand around all of these producers one of them will drop a 10,000 bill, and i'll buy producer, too. =(

Travis
06-04-2013, 03:41 PM
Sticking with Grand King + Pro Player. Happy I pledged what I did on day 2 of the KS

Kami
06-04-2013, 03:42 PM
With a Producer sandbox, it would be fun to create 3 decks that are synergistic with each other and try to solo raid bosses with 3 accounts.

I am considering dropping the 2 Pro Players and getting 1 GK instead because I think I may not always be able to run 4 drafts a week. 3 is very feasible though. And a 3rd GK will help me more with my multiboxing attempts (3x Raid Leader perks)

I actually like this idea but am too lazy to do it, heh. I am going to try soloing raid bosses... solo though. I'm sure there's going to be a broken deck combo somewhere. :p

Stok3d
06-04-2013, 03:43 PM
Primary reason for multiple pledging is so that I can multibox. I messaged CZE to ask if multiboxing is allowed and they said yes so long as the payment details for each account are unique. With a Producer sandbox, it would be fun to create 3 decks that are synergistic with each other and try to solo raid bosses with 3 accounts.

Getting another GK will be hard. You'll need to at least get another RL though.

d00dz
06-04-2013, 03:43 PM
I actually like this idea but am too lazy to do it, heh. I am going to try soloing raid bosses... solo though. I'm sure there's going to be a broken deck combo somewhere. :p

Yeah, I don't doubt that it would be possible down the line to create degenerate decks in a PVE environment since Cory mentioned that all gloves are off in PVE LOL.

d00dz
06-04-2013, 03:44 PM
Getting another GK will be hard. You'll need to at least get another RL though.

Yeah, I've seen over 10 GKs drop the past week but haven't been able to nab any. I'm too slow hahaha. Will drop my Pro Players as soon as I grab one though.

Tyrfang
06-04-2013, 03:45 PM
Hmmm...I'd consider trading my GK for two PPs...

Drafts are tempting.

d00dz
06-04-2013, 03:46 PM
Hmmm...I'd consider trade my GK for two PPs...

Drafts are tempting.

If only there was a reliable way of trading pledges :(

I'm almost certain that someone else will beat us to the punch as soon as we unload ours.

Tyrfang
06-04-2013, 03:47 PM
If only there was a reliable way of trading pledges :(

I'm almost certain that someone else will beat us to the punch as soon as we unload ours.

Well, they're worth the same $-wise. You can always decide after-the-fact.

d00dz
06-04-2013, 03:49 PM
Well, they're worth the same $-wise. You can always decide after-the-fact.

You mean do the trade after the KS ends? Trading pledges at this time is risky with hundreds of other guys camping GKs and PPs hahaha.

Tyrfang
06-04-2013, 03:51 PM
You mean do the trade after the KS ends?

Pretty much, but I'm not sure if I want to commit to that. I might not feel the same in 5 months when more PvE content is revealed. :)

ConnorJS
06-04-2013, 03:53 PM
I wish I could get a loan from somewhere and get a $250 dungeon crawler tier, but that probably wouldn't be smart

d00dz
06-04-2013, 03:54 PM
Pretty much, but I'm not sure if I want to commit to that. I might not feel the same in 5 months when more PvE content is revealed. :)

Yeah you're right. And for all I know, I might be able to do 4 drafts a week after all and have a great time. Its hard to make commitments without playing the game yet haha.

mainstager
06-04-2013, 04:33 PM
I'm not sleeping until it pings me again. :mad:

I'm telling you man, I was in your shoes 2 days ago. It sucks. When I got it, I was F5'ing on my desktop and auto refreshing on my laptop. The desktop refresh caught it a whole second before the auto made any sound, and by the time the ping went off, I was already confirming the reward.

You have 2-3 seconds. Good luck to you.

Gwaer
06-04-2013, 04:41 PM
I am at my desk A lot for my job, so I've had refreshes going since I explained how to do it. I've never missed one that happened while I was at my desk. I usually just hold it for a few seconds. I think of it as catch and release fishing =)

Stig
06-04-2013, 04:43 PM
Missed another one today because I stood up from my desk for a minute! I'm getting a little nervous /gulp

Liokae
06-04-2013, 07:34 PM
GAH! Was right there for it, hit as fast as possible, and... nope. Worse, it's now at -1. Have to wait for TWO to open up before my next shot.

Stig
06-04-2013, 07:36 PM
I didn't even see it hit 1. Was at 0, refreshed the page, and -1. This is KILLING ME!

Liokae
06-04-2013, 07:38 PM
I didn't even see it hit 1. Was at 0, refreshed the page, and -1. This is KILLING ME!

I've modified mine, on the super-slim chance that multiple open at once- I set it to go off when it loses the current count instead of when it matches 1 of 959.

Stig
06-04-2013, 07:40 PM
Nevermind, figured it out ;) Nice catch!

Liokae
06-04-2013, 07:46 PM
One of the more annoying parts to try and snag it... you're more likely to have the time to snag it during the quiet hours because some of the other snipers are asleep... but by the same token, it's far less likely that one will open uup, because the people that HAVE them are asleep. Ugh.

panzer
06-04-2013, 07:47 PM
Locked in the dungeon crawler after missing out on the pro player. I am also impressed by the amount of cash a lot of you have dropped on this game. It gives me hope that I won't get my ass kicked by 12 year olds as much as I thought I would.

Tyrfang
06-04-2013, 08:16 PM
New record, -2 of 913 pro players.

PowderedToastMan
06-04-2013, 08:27 PM
After tonight`s DC confirmation I have now upgraded from King to DC....

My wife is gonna kill me! :P

TheDiv
06-04-2013, 08:36 PM
After tonight`s DC confirmation I have now upgraded from King to DC....

My wife is gonna kill me! :P

I told my girlfriend I was adding a Collector to my DC and she gave me the "whatever makes you happy" line. Primal would make me happy... :D

Liokae
06-04-2013, 10:07 PM
Hell with it. I can afford it, but I can't deal with the stress right now. Maybe I'll try again once my final is over Thursday.

AstaSyneri
06-05-2013, 12:55 AM
Just added Collector to my Dungeon Crawler. This Kickstarter end frenzy is not good for me. Must... buy... more...

nickon
06-05-2013, 01:19 AM
It's impossible to snag a PP or GK at the time with all those snipers out there :( As soon as one opens up, it immediately goes to minus 1 or 2 tiers... I'm not giving up though, but I reckon chances are getting slim, so might as well get my mindset right (DC or Collector, what shall it be then) :)

hammer
06-05-2013, 01:23 AM
I am locked in with 2 x KS Collector Tier. I believe this is the best possible $500 pledge beating 2 x Pro or 1 x GK or any other combo total at $500 or less for that matter! - Collector all the way 6 x KS Exlusives, 4 Lotus Garden, Playset of the 6 AA cards per Year more sealed product than GK at release.

TheDiv
06-05-2013, 01:40 AM
I am locked in with 2 x KS Collector Tier. I believe this is the best possible $500 pledge beating 2 x Pro or 1 x GK or any other combo total at $500 or less for that matter! - Collector all the way 6 x KS Exlusives, 4 Lotus Garden, Playset of the 6 AA cards per Year more sealed product than GK at release.

It is a juicy combo. I went with DC + Collector as I love PvE :) I'll be on the market for addition AA cards to finish my playsets though!

Azzer
06-05-2013, 03:10 AM
No tiers for me, can't afford it ;) i will still play this game though, that's for sure.

Vorsa
06-05-2013, 03:36 AM
I'm a late-comer to Hex, but already smitten: I like to dream up TCGs/LCGs ("design" would be too generous a word!), and was delighted to see someone out there had the same notions + tons more wilder ones ++ was actually making such a game for real! :cool:

I was settled on King until, ooh - 30 minutes ago!

Just finished upgrading to Dungeon Crawler for the permanent PvE loot buff & nifty lion vs dragon sleeve - tipping point was forum-goers highlighting the 156 extra draft packs in the stretch goals.
(They should consider making that more prominent!)

Was tempted by Guild Master for the PvE XP, plus the card bundles in case my brother takes an interest - but just not quite as compelling as loot, and while I wouldn't want to lead a guild I may want to join someone else's.

EdwardBishop
06-05-2013, 04:02 AM
Stok3d: Honestly, I feel like a decent number of people sitting on collector or dungeon crawler are just refresh botting for PP.

refresh botting? PP? you mean it's an artificial intelligence program (bot)? does that mean they'll dump it before the end or what?

GallyX0
06-05-2013, 05:31 AM
Pulled the trigger on a modest Captain tier. Directed to this KS by the Angry Joe Show, and most players I know there seem to be at about that level. Reading the forum here about all the stacked PP and GK and WTFBBQ almost set my hair on fire ;) Had to cool down before I talked myself into punishing my credit card. Can't wait!

whythelastman
06-05-2013, 05:46 AM
Hell with it. I can afford it, but I can't deal with the stress right now. Maybe I'll try again once my final is over Thursday.

Gluck on your final!

whythelastman
06-05-2013, 05:49 AM
Collector is getting a lot of love here. Glad to see it! Considering comboing two Collectors for playset of exclusives like @hammer said.

Kami
06-05-2013, 06:25 AM
Collector is getting a lot of love here. Glad to see it! Considering comboing two Collectors for playset of exclusives like @hammer said.

It'd be cheaper to do Collector + King for that.

However, you would need 4x Collector to get the full play-set of 6AA cards per year.

Marsden
06-05-2013, 06:45 AM
However, you would need 4x Collector to get the full play-set of 6AA cards per year.

2x Collector for a playset, not 4x.

Kami
06-05-2013, 06:57 AM
2x Collector for a playset, not 4x.

Yeah, my bad. I was just recently reminded of an Update a while back that stated as such. It hasn't been updated in the Reward Tier images though.

Plus One

Question: The 660K tier reward gave us +1 to PVE cards. Can that include PVP cards as well?

That makes sense. Yes, enjoy!

Question: Can the +1 Reward at the 660K tier apply to The Collector Tier yearly exclusive alternate art PVP cards?

That makes sense. Yes, enjoy!

So, the 660K +1 tier reward now also includes Kickstarter exclusive PVP rewards and the Collector yearly alternate art PVP cards. I'll update the respective tier images soon to reflect that, as well add both the Dragon's Blood starter deck and the Cardboard Tube Samurai to the Champion tier list which are currently missing.

Source (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts/490603)

whythelastman
06-05-2013, 07:44 AM
It'd be cheaper to do Collector + King for that.

Thanks, yes, that is what I meant: Collector-tier exclusives, also known as, 6AA cards :)

Poetic
06-05-2013, 08:38 AM
I'm officially in on Collector now. Contemplating either getting a King or another Collector.

Trothael
06-05-2013, 08:40 AM
Dropped my Early Bird King and upgraded to DC and Collector. I'm gonna be really impatient in the wait until September now.

Daer
06-05-2013, 08:44 AM
Grand King, Pro Player, King x3 and I am finally done.

Merging the GK, PP and two Kings into 1 account and keeping the other king separate.

MaxtionHero
06-05-2013, 08:58 AM
Like many, I would love to get my hands on a GK but wasn't early enough to the party. Right now I'm signed up for DC. I may add another $250 tier but it seems kind of wasteful when it's clearly not as good as GK for the same money.

Lidralyn
06-05-2013, 09:44 AM
I was really considering Double Grand King Double Pro Player, but I ended up dropping a Grand King so other people could have 1 and I am sitting on Grand King double Pro Player right now, will most likely add another Collector later today and finally be done with it!

Raykefire
06-05-2013, 09:51 AM
Since it's unlikely I'll be able to "snipe" a Grand King when it opens I'll just have to go with DC+RL combined for me and 2+ collectors depending on how many accounts we need for the houshold (2 for the Wife and me, and if we want extras for the kids or not)

Soul-of-Void
06-05-2013, 10:20 AM
DC but still thinking if i should get King for that 2nd lotus ^^

FireSummoner
06-05-2013, 10:50 AM
I am sitting on a Grand King and a Pro tier, but I think I will drop one for just a king tier because I really don't need both drafts and I am not sure how my wallet is going to hold out :'( I just don't know which one is better for me and time is running out.

Stig
06-05-2013, 10:52 AM
Selfishly drop the GK ;)

Vomitlord
06-06-2013, 08:37 AM
I got the last primal. Nobody tell mrs vomitlord:rolleyes:

Kami
06-06-2013, 08:55 AM
I got the last primal. Nobody tell mrs vomitlord:rolleyes:

We'll tell her you got Immortal instead. :p

Poetic
06-06-2013, 06:47 PM
Damn, just went in on a 2nd Collector on a separate email/payment. Hope this game sticks around for a while, super excited about it. Getting a playset of the AA cards every year was appealing, plus 4 Gardens. Then 2 free drafts a week for the next year. Going to be fun.

PowderedToastMan
06-06-2013, 06:49 PM
Sadly, Lost my job so had to drop my DC to a King and my DC was gone in Nano Seconds I must say.... :(

Vibraxus
06-06-2013, 06:50 PM
Damn, just went in on a 2nd Collector on a separate email/payment. Hope this game sticks around for a while, super excited about it. Getting a playset of the AA cards every year was appealing, plus 4 Gardens. Then 2 free drafts a week for the next year. Going to be fun.

The year drafts dont stack if your combine accounts. Just dont want you to be surprised if you merge 2 collectors.

Poetic
06-06-2013, 06:52 PM
The year drafts dont stack if your combine accounts. Just dont want you to be surprised if you merge 2 collectors.

Thanks, I'm aware. I plan to have two accounts. Two emails, two different payments. I'll be trading most of the stuff to my main account and the non-main one will probably be PVE focused outside of the free draft a week.

OysterPrime
06-06-2013, 06:56 PM
I'm not gonna lie: I was starting to waver with my GK pledge over the past few days. $500 is a lot of money to put out for a game. But the more I thought about it, the GK is a massive value, and will be well worth it. Not counting all of the exclusive cards that only backers will get, there is over $1000 of product included in that tier, and that is only calculating a year worth of the free drafts.

This game definitely seems like it will be something special. There is a lot of excitement, and I want to be a part of that, and have my one free draft a week. So, once again, Grand King is the tier for me.

Lochar
06-06-2013, 07:13 PM
I'm fighting getting a King or another Collector. I just have to hold off for a few more hours.

Draugr
06-06-2013, 07:17 PM
I just upgraded from Champion to King and had to hold myself back from spending more.

dodecapod
06-06-2013, 07:19 PM
I'm fighting getting a King or another Collector. I just have to hold off for a few more hours.

lol. ditto, I need to survive the next few grueling hours of the Collector temptation.

lucedes
06-06-2013, 07:30 PM
i posted earlier that i was staying at king

i am not staying at king

hex_colin
06-06-2013, 07:47 PM
My madness knows no bounds! I'm seriously considering buying another tier to help make HEXcon a reality!

Talreth
06-06-2013, 07:48 PM
My madness knows no bounds! I'm seriously considering buying another tier to help make HEXcon a reality!

I agree, but I think you can relax once you've bumped up your contribution level to the average pledge.

Stig
06-06-2013, 07:57 PM
I'm calling it quits with King + DC + Collector. If I could get more set 2 / set 3 I'd still be pouring money in :)

whythelastman
06-06-2013, 08:09 PM

You're a legend! Kami is at Producer + extras, too, if I'm not mistaken? HEXcon'ers will owe ya'll drinks in Vegas :)

Selix
06-06-2013, 08:12 PM
Finally Grand King. Now I'm Grand King + Squire + something else I haven't decided on yet.

hex_colin
06-06-2013, 08:18 PM
You're a legend! Kami is at Producer + extras, too, if I'm not mistaken? HEXcon'ers will owe ya'll drinks in Vegas :)

Apparently Kami and I will be soon be residents at a psychiatric institution TBD ;)

I get the feeling we'll get HEXcon one way or another, we may just have to pay a nominal fee to register, rather than getting it completely for nothing. Honestly, I'd go to Vegas for pretty much anything... :cool:

hex_colin
06-06-2013, 08:30 PM
So, I added another Collector... I'm going to start buying accounts for friends at this point...

ixokai
06-06-2013, 09:02 PM
In short: Grand King + Collector + King + Knight

In long:

I've mostly been lurking; I was Grand King fairly early. Hex hit all the sharp pokey parts of my addictive personality, and so yeah, that. I went GK mostly because I just could not decide which part of the game (PVP, PVE, drafting, constructed, dungeons, raids, collecting shinies, what...) I'd like most.

I seriously considered Dragon Lord and sort of regret not getting it in time, but I don't have the patience for sniping. Collectors was an easy addition a week ago, I decided I really wanted 4 of all the exclusives. Now, I'm not sure if I'm going to merge it into my GK or if I'll leave it as a separate account and just ship the cards over-- (I'm not sure if they'll /let/ me keep it as a separate account).

The King and Knight are for friends; well, the Knight is for sure. The King-friend may not actually like the game and if he ends up not, he'll just send me all the cards and close it down.

I decided early on that I wasn't interested in Primal+, because it seems it would ruin the fun of doing dungeons for me: I /want/ to go get those cards! I want to enjoy the PVE-verse.

Anyways!

hex_colin
06-06-2013, 09:05 PM
(I'm not sure if they'll /let/ me keep it as a separate account).

They will. I checked directly with Crypto. As long as you have different payment methods for each account.

Lazybum
06-06-2013, 09:13 PM
So, I added another Collector... I'm going to start buying accounts for friends at this point...

hello friend, lol but all jokes aside i prob spent alot more then i should of to back this game but it has me really excited and this is my first kickstarter i have backed.

grand king & collector and 2x king

ixokai
06-06-2013, 09:14 PM
They will. I checked directly with Crypto. As long as you have different payment methods for each account.

Oh, in that case, I'll keep my Collector account separate just for the 52 drafts then the AA cards as they come out.

hex_colin
06-06-2013, 09:17 PM
it has me really excited and this is my first kickstarter i have backed

IMHO, this is, by far, the best reason to back any Kickstarter - "it's cool, I want to be a part of it..." The stuff is nice, but helping bring cool new content, games, tech, etc. to the world is where it's at!

Justinkp
06-06-2013, 10:37 PM
Glad I heard about this game and kickstarter today! Went for king though a lot of things were tempting, even producer. From what I've read you can get two of the same tier reward? If this is true I'm tempted to get another king (none of the $250 ones really appeal to me). Will everything stack? The one thing that seems like it may not is the 3 month VIP access-does anyone know for sure if this will or will not stack? Anything else I may have missed that won't stack?

Thanks!

Justin

TheDiv
06-06-2013, 10:38 PM
Glad I heard about this game and kickstarter today! Went for king though a lot of things were tempting, even producer. From what I've read you can get two of the same tier reward? If this is true I'm tempted to get another king (none of the $250 ones really appeal to me). Will everything stack? The one thing that seems like it may not is the 3 month VIP access-does anyone know for sure if this will or will not stack? Anything else I may have missed that won't stack?

Thanks!

Justin

You can get two tiers and merge them together. If you got 2 Kings and merged them for exmaple, you'd get 300ish boosters, 4 of each Kickstarter Exclusive PvE card, 2 Spectral Lotus Gardens. With the VIP, it'll become 6-months VIP :)

Vejuz
06-06-2013, 10:57 PM
Turns out Warrior wasn't what I was gonna stick with. Turns out I'm going Captain. But no more! My wallet thins. :p

ForgedSol
06-06-2013, 11:00 PM
Done. No more decisions. 4xGK + 2Collectors.

jaxsonbateman
06-06-2013, 11:01 PM
First, I got DC. Then I got RL, and struggled with the decision to merge (and lose the free year of draft), or keep separate (and have an inconvenient PvE life of frequently swapping decks, as the account I would use would depend on the content I'm doing). I decided I also want the yearly AA cards, so I decided to tack on a Collector too (a full playset of Gardens is also nice), and now the merging decision has been made a bit easier. Losing only 1/3 of my yearly drafts has a nicer ring to it than losing half my yearly drafts.

Pretty happy with the three, though obviously I wish I had gotten in early enough for GK + Collector. >.< Still, I should have massive trading power out of the gate with 7 of the KS exclusive cards, meaning 3 of each I can comfortably trade (as I'll still have playsets after that).

GallyX0
06-06-2013, 11:14 PM
originally in at captain (wanted to stay kinda low, and the captain tier seemed like a happy medium and the sleeves look bad ass) but now up to Champion. Itchy trigger finger is trying to get me to go king...

Justinkp
06-06-2013, 11:15 PM
You can get two tiers and merge them together. If you got 2 Kings and merged them for exmaple, you'd get 300ish boosters, 4 of each Kickstarter Exclusive PvE card, 2 Spectral Lotus Gardens. With the VIP, it'll become 6-months VIP :)

Thanks for the quick reply!

Getting another king is very tempting, but then why not two more? Why not three? Where will it end?? ;)

One thing I'm wondering about, and this may be slightly off topic but could impact peoples' decisions, is how much unopened boosters may be worth in a couple of years if the game is a pretty big success. Will they go up in value as new sets come out? Down? Do we not have enough information to tell for sure? I'm not sure how many booster packs I really need but the extra value is hard for me to pass up. If I knew for sure or could be reasonably sure that I could sell them for a decent amount or trade them for other boosters from later sets I'd be more likely to get another king or two. I know no one can say for certain but what do people think?

I apologize if this has been discussed to death elsewhere, I've just come across this pretty amazing looking game and am pretty excited about the possibilities.

Justin

jaxsonbateman
06-06-2013, 11:23 PM
originally in at captain (wanted to stay kinda low, and the captain tier seemed like a happy medium and the sleeves look bad ass) but now up to Champion. Itchy trigger finger is trying to get me to go king...
King is pretty damn sexy. If you can afford it, I think you should get it. $120 for a game isn't the worst thing in the world, and if you think about what non-KS's would have to pay for the content you're going to get as a reward, it even pays for itself.

TheDiv
06-06-2013, 11:24 PM
It's hard to tell with a digital TCG. With physical TCGs, sets eventually go out of print and the boosters from that set tend to go up over time. With digital, there is no cost to the developers to keep selling old sets as its just pixels :P

I think they will stop printing sets though so I do believe the value of set 1 boosters will go up eventually (3+ years) so I am keeping around 25 to 50 unopened just to see what happens. It's all speculation though, as you said, we just don't have enough information.

jaxsonbateman
06-06-2013, 11:24 PM
Thanks for the quick reply!

Getting another king is very tempting, but then why not two more? Why not three? Where will it end?? ;)

One thing I'm wondering about, and this may be slightly off topic but could impact peoples' decisions, is how much unopened boosters may be worth in a couple of years if the game is a pretty big success. Will they go up in value as new sets come out? Down? Do we not have enough information to tell for sure? I'm not sure how many booster packs I really need but the extra value is hard for me to pass up. If I knew for sure or could be reasonably sure that I could sell them for a decent amount or trade them for other boosters from later sets I'd be more likely to get another king or two. I know no one can say for certain but what do people think?

I apologize if this has been discussed to death elsewhere, I've just come across this pretty amazing looking game and am pretty excited about the possibilities.

Justin
Set 1 is hard to judge. You'd think an unopened booster would go up in price due to no more supply (if they do indeed stop selling out-of-rotation boosters), but it's hard to say by how much, because there will be a lot of set 1 product in people's collections.

maniza
06-06-2013, 11:26 PM
had two pp and a gk i was goin to drop the pps but my wife wants to play with me so had to let the gk go :(

ForgedSol
06-06-2013, 11:33 PM
Set 1 is hard to judge. You'd think an unopened booster would go up in price due to no more supply (if they do indeed stop selling out-of-rotation boosters), but it's hard to say by how much, because there will be a lot of set 1 product in people's collections.

A lot of people say this, but I expect most of the boosters to be used up by the time Set 2 comes around, except for the ones that people are holding on to for speculation purposes, and for the ones that people are holding on to specifically to draft with when Sets 2 and 3 come out.

For the people that find they love to draft, they'll be drafting a lot and they'll be getting the packs from those that don't. At the $250 level you only get 50+ drafts worth of packs. At GM and higher you get 80+ drafts. People at lower levels won't even have that much, and then you have to count all the new people that come to the game after the kickstarter is over.

(I have no idea how many times my brother has drafted the past couple days in MTGO, but I imagine he'd burn through 150 packs pretty quickly.)

Ozmono
06-06-2013, 11:38 PM
A lot of people say this, but I expect most of the boosters to be used up by the time Set 2 comes around, except for the ones that people are holding on to for speculation purposes, and for the ones that people are holding on to specifically to draft with when Sets 2 and 3 come out.

As I understand it, you cannot hold onto your set 1 boosters or drafts until set 2 or 3 comes out and get the later sets. That is to say you cannot convert set 1 boosters into set 2 or 3 and as far as the drafts go I don't think you can horde them. Could be wrong but that is what I've gathered so far.

Malicus
06-06-2013, 11:42 PM
Man I am getting burned on the exchange rate :( I knew I should have hedged but figured it wouldn't be as big a swing as it is (nearly 7% I think). Oh we'll still happy with my pledge level.

jaxsonbateman
06-06-2013, 11:50 PM

For the people that find they love to draft, they'll be drafting a lot and they'll be getting the packs from those that don't. At the $250 level you only get 50+ drafts worth of packs. At GM and higher you get 80+ drafts. People at lower levels won't even have that much, and then you have to count all the new people that come to the game after the kickstarter is over.

(I have no idea how many times my brother has drafted the past couple days in MTGO, but I imagine he'd burn through 150 packs pretty quickly.)
Oh, when I say "set 1 product", I mean the cards themselves, not the boosters.

The reason why something like alpha boosters from Magic sell for bucketloads is because there are highly sought after cards in that set, and they were never in 'huge' supply. Set 1 from Hex, on the other hand, people will probably have bucketloads of those cards across every player, so I don't think the boosters will get nearly as high as something like set 3 after a few years would be.

saffamike
06-06-2013, 11:53 PM
I've finally stopped acquiring tiers. Closing total now is GK, PP, Collector and 3x King. I'll leave it to the rest of you to get us to $2.5m!

dodecapod
06-06-2013, 11:56 PM
Oh, when I say "set 1 product", I mean the cards themselves, not the boosters.

The reason why something like alpha boosters from Magic sell for bucketloads is because there are highly sought after cards in that set, and they were never in 'huge' supply. Set 1 from Hex, on the other hand, people will probably have bucketloads of those cards across every player, so I don't think the boosters will get nearly as high as something like set 3 after a few years would be.

Sure, initially Hex will be flooded with Set 1 cards, thereby reducing the overall value of set 1 cards. However, as the game progress, more and more players enter the game, value will start rising as cards begin to circulate and reach a seemingly "scarce" position. Like you said, the overall value of set 3 will generally be higher than set 1 due to the fact that set 3 will not suffer the same flooding as set 1.

oh and this is based on the assumption that base players will actually increase. At this point in time, we don't have this information. So if Hex turns out to be a flop, value of cards will continue to plummet.

TheDiv
06-07-2013, 12:07 AM
I've finally stopped acquiring tiers. Closing total now is GK, PP, Collector and 3x King. I'll leave it to the rest of you to get us to $2.5m!

Good effort. So tempted to convert my $100~ worth of coins in my cupboard to grab another King!

Justinkp
06-07-2013, 12:16 AM
As I understand it, you cannot hold onto your set 1 boosters or drafts until set 2 or 3 comes out and get the later sets. That is to say you cannot convert set 1 boosters into set 2 or 3 and as far as the drafts go I don't think you can horde them. Could be wrong but that is what I've gathered so far.

I've just been reading the stickied question and answer thread and its specifically stated that you can do this. So unless something has changed since that answer was given I believe we can save our boosters as long as we want and trade them at anytime.

Justin

Daer
06-07-2013, 12:19 AM
You'll need Set 1 boosters for draft even when set 2 and 3 come out, they are the same block. So with just Set 1 released all drafts will be 3x S1 boosters but when set 2 comes out drafts will either be 2x S2 and 1x S1 or 2x S1 and 1x S2. When Set 3 is released drafts will be 1x S1, 1x S2, 1x S3.

The when Set 4 is released it will start again with 3x S4 boosters.

saffamike
06-07-2013, 12:20 AM
You can hold onto them, but they will always be set 1 boosters.

Justinkp
06-07-2013, 12:35 AM
It's hard to tell with a digital TCG. With physical TCGs, sets eventually go out of print and the boosters from that set tend to go up over time. With digital, there is no cost to the developers to keep selling old sets as its just pixels :P

I think they will stop printing sets though so I do believe the value of set 1 boosters will go up eventually (3+ years) so I am keeping around 25 to 50 unopened just to see what happens. It's all speculation though, as you said, we just don't have enough information.

I was thinking of doing the same thing in regard to hoarding boosters although I'm worried I won't have the discipline to do this. Getting an extra king tier or two would make it much easier I just feel a bit insane spending this amount on a game I learned about hours ago (the timing was perfect though-I haven't played any trading card games for a very long time mostly because my friends weren't into them but seeing my friend's little brother's magic cards yesterday and spending a good bit of today looking for a distributor for magic cards for my comic store had me primed-right when I got off the p;hone with the distributor I saw an email from a friend leading to the kickstarter-fate! Fortunately I fought off the initial urge to get the producer tier).

I guess there are just too many variables (chief among them the popularity of the game and amount of new people joining over the next couple of years as well as the length of time set 1 is sold for) to really judge the value of set 1 booster packs in the future but its fun to speculate. In general the more you believe in the game the more highly you should probably estimate their future vakue and the more boosters you should initially buy.

I wish I had discovered this game a week or so ago so I ad more time to make reasoned purchasing decisions.

BTW, in regards to my initial question about things stacking when buying multiple tiers, if I buy another king tier do I get another beta invitation I can give to someone else? Or could I donate $10 and get a beta invite for friends I didn't have time to tell about the kickstarter?

Justin

Justinkp
06-07-2013, 12:37 AM
You can hold onto them, but they will always be set 1 boosters.

Sure but you could potentially trade them with other players for later boosters, right?

DisOrd3r
06-07-2013, 02:28 AM
Now it's 2x GK and 1 Pro :)