PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for facts to put on cards (the double back).

Shrennan
06-02-2013, 12:42 PM
I love the idea of the double back and I think it's an opportunity to also put interesting statistics on cards like the first common, uncommon, rare, legendary you got of a set (and/or of all time), traded/bought cards vs. cards you got in packs, cards that were in the deck that you won of your first tournament, etc. Basically, a lot of facts about your firsts. That way you could look back years later and see if you kept your first card, what it was, etc.

Also, as an aside, I hope you can name your decks (I assume this is very likely).

Mr.Funsocks
06-02-2013, 12:54 PM
I would totally love to see a history of who owned cards I got from someone else. What notable events were involved, etc.

BenRGamer
06-02-2013, 01:28 PM
Maybe every card that comes from the KS rewards (including those from boosters) could get a custom "Founder" title on their doubleback.

Hatts
06-02-2013, 01:31 PM
I would totally love to see a history of who owned cards I got from someone else. What notable events were involved, etc.

This will happen, for example if you win a tournament using the card the details will stay with the card forever.

Mr.Funsocks
06-02-2013, 01:33 PM
This will happen, for example if you win a tournament using the card the details will stay with the card forever.

I know that part, but seeing who owned it, for how long, how much it sold for on the AH even, all those fun things even if it wasn't in a tournament. Hopefully there's also card achievements for fighting raid bosses.

Rapkannibale
06-02-2013, 02:48 PM
A history if each card would be so awesome. Imagine if it even went down to the crafting materials. You get Powder of whatever and it says: gathered from card X. And then you can look down that cards history. Great idea but probably unpractical considering all the database storage they would need to save that info.

Stok3d
06-02-2013, 02:54 PM
I'd like for Dragon Lord and above to be be provided with a stamp that can be used to pass out autographs on their "likeness cards" :p

Mr.Funsocks
06-02-2013, 03:03 PM
A history if each card would be so awesome. Imagine if it even went down to the crafting materials. You get Powder of whatever and it says: gathered from card X. And then you can look down that cards history. Great idea but probably unpractical considering all the database storage they would need to save that info.

Storage is cheaaap now. No MMO wipes characters any more, and they tend to have a ton of data storage, and all this data is collected in logs (usually for tracking down glitches to reimburse form customer support, or catch dupes and the like). I don't imagine it'd be particularly difficult.

Also... the signature thing... omg brilliant idea...

World Champion players, as well as developers could get a "signature" stamp that they could use to leverage their success!

TheDiv
06-02-2013, 04:55 PM
I'd like for Dragon Lord and above to be be provided with a stamp that can be used to pass out autographs on their "likeness cards" :p

I'm not a Dragon Lord but that'd be awesome!! Would you sign mine? ;)

EDIT: This also makes me think of other things like... what if you get all the cards of a particular artist? Maybe some bonus art from them or something, or signed versions of each card? That'd be awesome too!

Mr.Funsocks
06-02-2013, 05:19 PM
I'm not a Dragon Lord but that'd be awesome!! Would you sign mine? ;)

EDIT: This also makes me think of other things like... what if you get all the cards of a particular artist? Maybe some bonus art from them or something, or signed versions of each card? That'd be awesome too!

Ooo, collecting signature stamps from the artists on the cards they drew!

Shrennan
06-02-2013, 07:07 PM
I love everyone's ideas. I think adding extra value to cards that give additional attachment to players is never a bad thing so recording history, notable events, firsts, and signatures and awards from well-known or popular players within the community is never a bad thing and I hope CZE adds this kind of stuff if they already haven't.

Also, I think a follower system would be a good indicator of popularity and a certain number of followers could allow the option of signatures on cards. I also think there should be an additional requirement of winning tournaments or having some kinda reason that one would be popular within the community (that way guild members couldn't just boost players to that ability).

That's not really a problem for games designed for massive amounts of players because the servers already have to be quite strong. The only issue I see would be cluttering the double back but that could easily be fixed by creating links from the double back (say, for instance, history is a word that appears on the double back and you can click it to bring up an additional window that will bring up that card's history).

Mr.Funsocks
06-02-2013, 07:38 PM
Naw, History would just go on the triple back. WE WILL MAKE CARDS THAT HAVE SO MANY BACKS.

HyenaNipples
06-02-2013, 08:06 PM
It would be cool for spells and troops to have a kill count on them- as well as total damage done to enemy heroes.