PDA

View Full Version : Producer #4

BlindMan
06-02-2013, 01:25 PM
Someone just pledged producer (not me). Awesome!

Anyone claiming this?

Fireblast
06-02-2013, 01:26 PM
I believe it's Kami, he wanted to have a playset of exclusive from Collector!!

~

Stok3d
06-02-2013, 01:27 PM

~
lmao

Honestly, ten years from now we may look back and see it's best valued tier of any. A new block comes out every year, that's 12x sets of cards you'll get. Multiply that times 10 years and you're looking at 120x full sets Day 1 release for $10,000. Oh yeah, and then you get the insane amount of other perks too.

Just from a set standpoint, it really has me thinking about it.

BenRGamer
06-02-2013, 01:30 PM
The Producer only gets four of every non-exclusives, though >_>

Madican
06-02-2013, 01:31 PM
Exclusives just means faction cards.

Chance
06-02-2013, 01:33 PM
Is this real life? Kami is throwing 20k into this game, does he own the Alberta Tar Sands? I didn't think we Canadians had so much disposable income

Zomnivore
06-02-2013, 01:38 PM
Thats pretty amazing. I hope he gets his monies worth.

BossHoss
06-02-2013, 01:39 PM
Kami is Producer + GK for that reason (AA cards)

Fireblast
06-02-2013, 01:41 PM
Guys, I was kidding.

I'm 99,99% sure it's not Kami.

~

MasterN64
06-02-2013, 01:44 PM
Guys, I was kidding.

I'm 99,99% sure it's not Kami.

~

Ya why would he need a 4th copy of producer?

Kietay
06-02-2013, 01:46 PM
Alberta is the shining star of the world. Success built on success.

hex_colin
06-02-2013, 01:58 PM
I've been talking to someone about my decision process - maybe he finally took the plunge!

Welcome #4!

Fireblast
06-02-2013, 02:00 PM
Hex: Shards of Fate || Producer || Dragon Lord

You can't have your likeness on 2 cards, that's cheating! :)

~

Tyrfang
06-02-2013, 02:01 PM
With enough Producer pledges, you can become the Jace of the Hex world...

hex_colin
06-02-2013, 02:02 PM
You can't have your likeness on 2 cards, that's cheating! :)

~

If I buy enough tiers, can I have my own race? ;)

Fireblast
06-02-2013, 02:06 PM

Just buy CZE :D

~

MasterN64
06-02-2013, 02:08 PM

http://endlessspace.wikia.com/wiki/Horatio

"Still bored and now also lonely, he turned to these facilities. Using his DNA for a template, Horatio created a race of obedient replicas of the most beautiful being in the entire universe - himself.

Before long, "Horatio the First" as he was now known, had repopulated the planet with his likeness. At that point, it dawned on him how much more beautiful the galaxy would be if it too were filled with... Horatios. "

Mr.Funsocks
06-02-2013, 02:09 PM
I'm now wishing I'd had 150 000$ to buy all the producer tiers, and have them design 15 cards that are all of the same race of turnip people. Or maybe zucchini.

Fireblast
06-02-2013, 02:09 PM
http://endlessspace.wikia.com/wiki/Horatio

"Still bored and now also lonely, he turned to these facilities. Using his DNA for a template, Horatio created a race of obedient replicas of the most beautiful being in the entire universe - himself.

Before long, "Horatio the First" as he was now known, had repopulated the planet with his likeness. At that point, it dawned on him how much more beautiful the galaxy would be if it too were filled with... Horatios. "

Thought you were talking about Stargate: SG1

~

Fireblast
06-02-2013, 02:10 PM
I'm now wishing I'd had 15 000$ to buy all the producer tiers, and have them design 15 cards that are all of the same race of turnip people. Or maybe zucchini.

You missed a 0 :)

~

Mr.Funsocks
06-02-2013, 02:11 PM
I did... didn't I. Quick, to the edit machine!

Kami
06-02-2013, 06:04 PM

~

Nah, already got it from another GK. :)

Stok3d
06-02-2013, 08:20 PM
I should rename this topic: Producer #6 now. Those spots are selling fast.

Kami
06-02-2013, 08:23 PM
Current list of known Producers (in order known):

1. Windseeker (Company Sponsor?)
2. Kami
3. hex_colin
4. Howie
5. ?
6. ?

Madican
06-02-2013, 08:24 PM
Angry Joe managed to snag us two more Producers? Nice!

Lazybum
06-02-2013, 08:43 PM
Angry Joe managed to snag us two more Producers? Nice!

1 more

Cotton
06-02-2013, 08:43 PM
Primals are going quick too

Fireblast
06-03-2013, 02:55 AM
Producer tier will sell out :D

~

Floru
06-03-2013, 03:20 AM
Wow! Primals are going very very fast!

I'm tempted, but by the time paypal would send me money into my bank account, the campaign will be long over. Curse having money in the bank, paypal and investments that take time to sell and not all in one place!

Fireblast
06-03-2013, 05:36 AM
Wow! Primals are going very very fast!

I'm tempted, but by the time paypal would send me money into my bank account, the campaign will be long over. Curse having money in the bank, paypal and investments that take time to sell and not all in one place!

Just contact CZE to ask how long will you be able to buy Primal on Paypal after the KS' end.
They could be nice and let you do it later in june.

~

Hieronymous
06-03-2013, 06:54 AM
Yikes, I really hope everyone pledging at that level can actually afford it. Ten grand is crazy money for an impulse buy of a video game.

Proziam
06-03-2013, 07:36 AM
I'm the fourth producer actually. Pulse Esports (My Company) was giving away a bunch of KS packages last night and after seeing how much the community liked the game and the level of excitement for it I decided it'd be worthwhile to support the game. It is pretty cool how many perks come with it though!

It's also worthwhile to note that I bought more than just one producer package though. Pulse Esports also has a grand king, and many of the players/staff in my company have contributed some of their own personal investments too.

EDIT - Realized people might want proof of some sort.

https://twitter.com/PulseEsports

Typhon
06-03-2013, 07:38 AM
Yikes, I really hope everyone pledging at that level can actually afford it. Ten grand is crazy money for an impulse buy of a video game.

It's all about the upfront investment vs long-term gain. I plan on dedicating a good chuck of time and resources into Hex; and could easily justify a Producer account vs the return I expect to get from it ... but I just don't have the funds. LOL! I still might liquidate the games that Hex will be replacing for me to see if I can't get there though.

Proziam
06-03-2013, 08:00 AM

I think most people putting up that much money are pretty financially stable. You don't have to be "rich" to do it, but you've got to know you'll be comfortable without it. So I wouldn't worry too much about the producers. I do sometimes wonder if everyone putting up 500$ or so can actually afford it. I know a lot of young people might have put such things on their credit cards and really hurt themselves X_X

Madican
06-03-2013, 08:19 AM
Eh, no different to me than the 30K for student loan debt I already have. The difference between that and a pledge for Producer is I'm positive the product I'd get in return would pay for itself.

Stok3d
06-03-2013, 08:50 AM
I still might liquidate the games that Hex will be replacing

That's exactly how I funded mine.

Note: To anyone playing MTGO, sell out now before Hex destroys the online values. You can thank me later.

caffn8d
06-03-2013, 09:00 AM
I've gotten into and out of so many other TCGs through the years that I think my collection is pretty much junk. But I'm still going to have a friend go over my Magic stuff just in case. ;)

Excited to see so many folks getting into it at the high backer levels! Makes me feel like less of a lush for going in at Grand King.

Genocidal
06-03-2013, 09:09 AM
That's exactly how I funded mine.

Note: To anyone playing MTGO, sell out now before Hex destroys the online values. You can thank me later.

Until paper Magic stops existing this isn't going to happen.

Cotton
06-03-2013, 09:17 AM

If tons of people stop playing constructed MTGO and move to Hex, then yes the values of mtg online cards will plummet.

Hieronymous
06-03-2013, 09:31 AM
It's all about the upfront investment vs long-term gain. I plan on dedicating a good chuck of time and resources into Hex; and could easily justify a Producer account vs the return I expect to get from it ... but I just don't have the funds. LOL! I still might liquidate the games that Hex will be replacing for me to see if I can't get there though.

Yeah, but $10,000 on Hex is still a huge gamble. I mean I went in for Grand King so I'm not knocking the game, I think backing this project is a good gamble and one likely to pay off, but all sorts of things could happen to derail the game generally or your account specifically, from Wizards of the Coast deciding to take the bankrupt-with-spurious-legal-costs approach to shutting down competition to Cory getting hit by a truck tomorrow (like just happened to the Oculus Rift engineer) and derailing development to a hacking problem with your account to who-knows-what.

I mean, sure, if you're a pro-tour Magic player or an e-sports business or, heck, you're Penny Arcade and have tons of money to blow, go for it. But I hope everyone recognizes this is a kickstarter and there is some risk involved.

Stok3d
06-03-2013, 09:37 AM

Paper will be fine, MTGO will be be destroyed.

Genocidal
06-03-2013, 09:46 AM
Because you can cash out full sets of MTGO for paper cards, MTGO will not be destroyed. Prices may dip, but then the market will self-correct when people realize this opportunity to make a quick buck converting digital to physical.

Madican
06-03-2013, 11:15 AM
And here comes another Producer! Geez, eight left. Wonder if it'll sell out?

dogmod
06-03-2013, 11:20 AM
At this rate we will hit the stretch goal before they update... don't imagine they were expecting that!

fido_one
06-03-2013, 12:28 PM
Wow, I missed this, great to see for everyone involved.

Vibraxus
06-03-2013, 12:44 PM
If I had the income Id already be at producer. But as it stands my income could only justify a GK sine last month was bonus month.

I do want to thank every Producer however. And if youd like to show me the card you design I'd LOVE to see it, or let me know which dungeon you created.....OMG Id just be happy as hell to really see what you folks made.

Tinuvas
06-03-2013, 12:48 PM
I would like them to somehow announce or reveal what cards were designed by the producers and which dungeons were made by the producers/immortals. I think it would be cool to look in the mind a little bit of those with the capacity to do what they did.

Stok3d
06-03-2013, 12:51 PM
Looks like we got a +1 Producer a couple hours ago. We're now up to 7x

Because you can cash out full sets of MTGO for paper cards, MTGO will not be destroyed. Prices may dip, but then the market will self-correct when people realize this opportunity to make a quick buck converting digital to physical.

You make a good point on a bottom floor price for sets equaling that of current paper value. The issue is that many cards are worth many times the value online than in paper. This spike was over a lack of supply. If enough ppl sell out (which I honestly believe is possible), then prices will get hit hard.

Also realize that the bottom floor currently only applies to sets back to Scars of Mirrodin. As soon as a block rotates out, it's no longer redeemable See Here (http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Digital/MagicOnline.aspx?x=mtg/digital/magiconline/calendar#magiconlineproductreleaseredemptionschedu le). These cards are the the cards that are going to be especially susceptible to a tanking of value.

6 Months after Hex is released, I want to compare the values of just the Foil LEDs I sold out of as a guage to if my hunch was right. I predict they won't be worth half. Anyway, that was my thought process--we'll see if I was right I guess:

May 20-25 I sold the 16x Foil LEDs below:
Deal1: 1225 x4
Deal2: 1200 x4
Deal3: 1100 x4
Deal4: Supernova 258, 252, 248, 244
-------------------------------------------------------
x4527 Tix (Avg ~283 tix per)

Vibraxus
06-03-2013, 12:54 PM
I would like them to somehow announce or reveal what cards were designed by the producers and which dungeons were made by the producers/immortals. I think it would be cool to look in the mind a little bit of those with the capacity to do what they did.

That would be cool, maybe list their screen name as a designer, or some lore to the dungeon. OHHHHHH Make the Producer be the Raid Boss......*drool*

Id also LOVE to have a Producer in my guild....even if we dont have a name yet lol.

Ashenor
06-03-2013, 12:55 PM
lmao

Honestly, ten years from now we may look back and see it's best valued tier of any. A new block comes out every year, that's 12x sets of cards you'll get. Multiply that times 10 years and you're looking at 120x full sets Day 1 release for $10,000. Oh yeah, and then you get the insane amount of other perks too.

Just from a set standpoint, it really has me thinking about it.

Do it! I am cheering you on from over there :)

fido_one
06-03-2013, 12:57 PM
If I had the income Id already be at producer. But as it stands my income could only justify a GK sine last month was bonus month.

Same here. I don't think I'll ever be at a point where I had 10k to dispose in such a fashion, but I would do so if I did. Let me win the lotto or triple my salary and I will not only talk that talk but happily walk that walk. It's by far one of the best thought out kickstarter top tiers that I've seen.

nearlysober
06-03-2013, 01:50 PM
Well someone did it... up to 7 now!

hex_colin
06-03-2013, 08:39 PM
And then there were 9.... Good Nazgūl-esque number!

Skirovik
06-03-2013, 08:55 PM
Producer tier is definitely on track to sell out!

It would be nice to be one of those elite few Producers. Unfortunately, $500 is my limit (even more so now since our offer to buy a house just got accepted!).

Cotton
06-03-2013, 09:13 PM
Producer tier is definitely on track to sell out!

It would be nice to be one of those elite few Producers. Unfortunately, $500 is my limit (even more so now since our offer to buy a house just got accepted!).

Grats!

Fireblast
06-03-2013, 11:18 PM
Never thought Producer was gonna sell out !

~

Skirovik
06-03-2013, 11:22 PM
Grats!

Thanks! :D

Never thought Producer was gonna sell out !

Yeah it's amazing to see so many committed to this game already. Especially at such buy-ins!

SacrificialToast
06-03-2013, 11:53 PM
I have a feeling that some of these are just people pushing stretch goals with no intention of following through on the pledge.

djlowballer
06-04-2013, 12:15 AM
I have a feeling that some of these are just people pushing stretch goals with no intention of following through on the pledge.

I agree. There is always a drop in totals once the kickstarter ends and I think it may be large for hex.

Fireblast
06-04-2013, 02:21 AM
Don't amazon check if you have the 10k on your account ?

~

Lochar
06-04-2013, 02:37 AM
Don't amazon check if you have the 10k on your account ?

~

Nope. They don't authorize your card for that amount until the end of the kickstarter.

hex_colin
06-04-2013, 11:26 AM

Maybe 1 or 2, but not many. I've talked to 2 of the other Producers and they're in for the long haul. 3 of the others are companies supporting Hex/Crypto.

Kami
06-04-2013, 11:33 AM
Maybe 1 or 2, but not many. I've talked to 2 of the other Producers and they're in for the long haul. 3 of the others are companies supporting Hex/Crypto.

Where'd you hear that?

And who are the companies/people? o.o

hex_colin
06-04-2013, 12:01 PM
Where'd you hear that?

And who are the companies/people? o.o

Windseeker (representing one of Crypto's international partners/distributors?) - posted on these forums and a discussion on KS back on Day2/3 - the details are hazy
Pulse Esports - posted in this thread
Company 3 - I vaguely remember a sequence of posts on Kickstarter yesterday or the day before associated with this Producer

2 different individuals pledged after talking to me - they both seemed serious about it. Adding in you (Kami) and I, that's 7 pretty definite spots. The other 2 could be people artificially inflating the total pledges but I'm less inclined to believe that about this particular KS.

Chance
06-04-2013, 12:14 PM
Damn Stok3d you better get i there before they all fill up!

nearlysober
06-04-2013, 12:19 PM
I had thought that one of the Producers might be the guys over at Penny Arcade, given Jerry's statement on the news post that he "backed THE F**K out of Hex"...

Chance
06-04-2013, 12:21 PM
I had thought that one of the Producers might be the guys over at Penny Arcade, given Jerry's statement on the news post that he "backed THE F**K out of Hex"...

Yeah I really want to know what he pledged

Daer
06-04-2013, 12:51 PM
It wasn't Producer since there were still only 2 and they were Windseeker and Kami.

Stok3d
06-04-2013, 12:54 PM
Windseeker (representing one of Crypto's international partners/distributors?) - posted on these forums and a discussion on KS back on Day2/3 - the details are hazy
Pulse Esports - posted in this thread
Company 3 - I vaguely remember a sequence of posts on Kickstarter yesterday or the day before associated with this Producer

2 different individuals pledged after talking to me - they both seemed serious about it. Adding in you (Kami) and I, that's 7 pretty definite spots. The other 2 could be people artificially inflating the total pledges but I'm less inclined to believe that about this particular KS.

I was actually searching for that. It said something to the effect of "Windseeker was a distributor for China and Kami was a distributor for Japan." If it's true, you already know then Kami is already well aware ^ ^

Damn Stok3d you better get i there before they all fill up!
I know I should for the long run, but I'm going to stay put with my 4x Tiers while still having a spouse...

Chance
06-04-2013, 12:59 PM
she'll be back once she sees the amount of e-cards you have

Kami
06-04-2013, 01:22 PM
Kami was a distributor for Japan.

LOL, what?

Chance
06-04-2013, 01:29 PM
Kami is a Alberta Oil Tychoon not a Japanese distributor, get your facts straight

Jacklau89
06-04-2013, 01:36 PM
LOL, what?

The speculation is not surprising because of your japanese user id, rumor or not:rolleyes:

Stok3d
06-04-2013, 01:50 PM
Finally found it. Link (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=24139&page=4&p=226213&viewfull=1#post226213)

Windseeker or 逐风者, is the official Crytozoic partner who has all the distribution rights for WoWTCG in China. Whereas Konami is their official partner in Japan for WoWTCG.

Remove the 'on' from Konami and you got Kami. Noting the Japanese in your sig and I don't think it's a far stretch.

/signed
~Stok3d Cyer-Sleuth

Jbizzi
06-04-2013, 02:00 PM
Finally found it. Link (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=24139&page=4&p=226213&viewfull=1#post226213)

Remove the 'on' from Konami and you got Kami. Noting the Japanese in your sig and I don't think it's a far stretch.

/signed
~Stok3d Cyer-Sleuth

I c wut u did thar!

Jacklau89
06-04-2013, 02:12 PM
@stok3d

lol that was nice but a bit far fetched. kami is a legit japanese noun which means "god".

arastor
06-04-2013, 02:20 PM
Or "hair" or "paper" or...

deejay
06-04-2013, 02:48 PM
Guilty as charged - fully committed and thoroughly excited.

That's to say guilty of backing for the long haul rather than puffing my order.

Chance
06-04-2013, 02:54 PM
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → b a

Madican
06-04-2013, 02:57 PM
You forgot the "Start" at the end. Sometimes "Select Start"

Chance
06-04-2013, 03:00 PM
depends on the game brah ~ Hex doesn't have a start or select button ;)

Gwaer
06-04-2013, 03:01 PM
Start button, right on the keyboard. Duh.

Gwaer
06-04-2013, 03:04 PM
I really do wish I could swing producer =( just don't have the cash on hand for multiplying my pledge times 5 =(