PDA

View Full Version : Pay it forward (backing 4 friends)

Cotton
06-02-2013, 06:25 PM
Just wondering who out there has pledged a tier for a friend to get into the game?
A friend of mine who got me into Mtg 15 years ago just got laid off and I really want him to join me in this game, so I decided to create a kickstarter with his email and I pledged him the Champion Tier.
I see others in the kickstarter chat helped a Waffle get the funds needed to pledge, that was good too see.

bizznach
06-02-2013, 06:30 PM
i would like to know this too...maybe when its account info time you just give the account to your friend to download?

Cotton
06-02-2013, 06:55 PM
Well I opened the kickstarter in his email, so he'll be getting all the updates and emails

Jinuyr
06-06-2013, 03:14 PM
I absolutely believe in helping back people and having them pay it forward to another game in the community one day.

To date, I have paid for about $1,300 for other friends to get into the game as well.

ixokai
06-06-2013, 03:28 PM
Yeah, I bought one friend a Knight, and I'm thinking of buying another friend a King. (No, I don't value all my friends the same!)

I opened a Gmail account, set it to forward mail to his actual address, and then opened a kickstarter account in that address.

--Ixokai (Grand King + Collector)

nearlysober
06-06-2013, 03:30 PM
Indirectly I suppose... I pledged GK so I could give duplicate cards & extra boosters to friends.
But also selfishly because I wanted all the goodies it got me :)

Talreth
06-06-2013, 04:05 PM
I don't have any friends to help :( none of them like tcgs...

Swordmage
06-06-2013, 04:12 PM
I pledged a knight to a friend even after the 'fiasco' of the HexCon announcement. I really want as many buddies as I can playing!

MrSeriousBsns
06-06-2013, 04:18 PM
I've pledged on behalf of two of my friends. I think this is a great time to pay it forward and try to bring people into the community!

Even if you only spend $20 for Squire, your friend will get a couple neat exclusives as well as some extra product to help get them started.

Miwa
06-06-2013, 04:43 PM
I got some extra Squire tiers to give out to friends. "First hit's free!" >:D

CrimsonSoul
06-06-2013, 04:53 PM
a friend of mine is on some hard times I backed at collector and only had a little money left for the month but I was able to get him the $50 dollar tier so we could play together

nicosharp
06-06-2013, 04:59 PM
I backed for a friend on paypal this morning - grabbed him a king. He will probably love it, just didn't want to make a commitment, so I did it for him.
(I noted my friends e-mail to send the account to in paypal comments, and they got back to me same day to ask for his full name, good to know it will go to the right place)

I also backed for my wife, who will probably never play, so it will turn into another account for a friend.

Marsden
06-06-2013, 05:09 PM
I'm giving my girlfriend and brother a King each.

But I'm keeping Grand King + Collector for me :eek:

GallyX0
06-06-2013, 11:58 PM
not able to add a second pledge money wise, but I did upgrade just to be able to gift away the extra packs to my brothers who like to draft also.