PDA

View Full Version : Requested Feature - Team/Guild PVP + Spectators

Spasmodic
06-02-2013, 09:01 PM
It has been confirmed that HEX will have 1v1 pvp only, not a problem. However, since this is going to be a mmotcg then there needs to be (in my opinion) some kind of team pvp element. I suggest having team pvp where you have a series of 1v1 matches that end when a majority win has been attained by any one side.

Scenario: you have two guild who want to fight each other, they each put forward 5 players, these players match up 1v1 with each other. The player with the highest rank on team A is matched with the highest ranked player on team B and so on and so forth. If you have multiple people with equal rank then they are randomly placed with there appropriate opponent. Then each player plays in 1v1 mode. As each game ends the score is recorded and when a majority 3 is won by one side that team wins, however the remaining two matches are continued until fruition. The reason the two remaining matches continue is because the 1v1 still affects your individual ranking, but only the win/loss of the three majority win affects your guild/team ranking. Match ends.

This allows for more team oriented gameplay with the 1v1 system.

I would also really enjoy the ability to have people spectate our matches especially for the guild vs guild match-ups or for tournaments because it would allow a guild to watch their champions represent their interests and provide a greater sense of community.

Any suggestions/comments are welcome, I apologize if this has already been said in part or in full, I could not find anything on it.

KaosSoul
06-02-2013, 09:02 PM
err Corry said there will be 2v2, i dont know where you see that 1v1 only confirmed? You can Expect all Convential play mode to be present at some point in time.

Spasmodic
06-02-2013, 09:07 PM
That's cool if there will be 2v2, I only found pve xv1 and pvp 1v1 confirmed, I'd really appreciate a source.

Erebus
06-02-2013, 09:08 PM
Spasmodic, check out the Angry Joe Interview

He talks about 2v2 and Guild battles.

Erebus
06-02-2013, 09:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VUn3gOclMc

however its quite long, and the things you mentioned are near the end.

jai151
06-02-2013, 09:09 PM
That's cool if there will be 2v2, I only found pve xv1 and pvp 1v1 confirmed, I'd really appreciate a source.

Start with the Kickstarter intro video, then start watching through the first handfull of updates. They did a video every day which tells a lot of the planned direction of the game.

Mr.Funsocks
06-02-2013, 09:10 PM
TWO HEADED GIANT! Rawr. But yeah, he said he wants to do as many game modes as possible, it's just a matter of doing it right. 1v1 is what's going to release. Spec mode'll come too.

Spasmodic
06-02-2013, 09:15 PM
Awesome sauce, I watched most of the Angry Joe interview but paused it after like 20min and then went onto the forums to check etc. I'll go back through and watch the rest. Thx guys.

Arbiter
06-02-2013, 11:33 PM
Note when you look at the cards, they are all worded clearly enough for 1 on 1 and multiplayer play.

Sci3nce
06-03-2013, 12:20 AM
I would love to spectate my match.... I mean let others spectate my match :)

Seriously though, I like the Idea, but all 5 matches should count towards guild rank, not just the 3 wins. If you got 5-0'd then you should loose ranking like you got 5-0'd, not 3-0'd.

Tinuvas
06-03-2013, 01:10 AM
I think Spasmodic has a unique tourney idea that hasn't been put forward yet in any other place that I am aware of (though I could obviously be wrong). He's not just suggesting 2 headed giant (that will be cool though). I think his idea is really cool though and something that Cory subtly suggested we do more of in his Sunday update. I would so get my guild into this kind of thing. It would provide a real team experience, which is exactly what I'm looking for. Serious +1 for this.