PDA

View Full Version : No GK's released in the last 16 hours...

mainstager
06-02-2013, 09:25 PM
What kind of freak am I that I'm actually enjoying the excitement of waiting for that single second I'll have to snatch one up?

This is kind of like buck hunting...or camping Argus in FFXI. 1/2 Peacock Charm.

The food breaks and pee breaks are nerve wracking.

ForgedSol
06-02-2013, 09:26 PM
Give it a couple days. It's the calm before final decisions have to be made.

mainstager
06-02-2013, 09:28 PM
Problem is, I have a lot of business meetings later in the week. Now's when I actually have time, and I can hit F5 on Chrome faster than an auto-refresh.

Nerves of steel and Jedi-like patience.

RECHiD
06-02-2013, 09:31 PM
I'm actually planning to let a GK reservation go, and turn it into a Pro Player in the last few hectic days of Kickstarter.

I know there are ways to swap accounts, but with credit card info tied in, it's just too risky, so I'm gonna do it the old F5 way.

mainstager
06-02-2013, 09:33 PM
PM me when/if that happens. I'm only going to settle on Collector if I can't get GK. I've got the funds set aside. As soon as one releases, if I'm at the keyboard, it's mine.

I wish there was some way I could make it worth your while. Lol

RECHiD
06-02-2013, 09:47 PM
I really don't want to get tangled up in any sort of security risk/breaking kickstarter or Cryptozoic policy, so I don't think there's a way :(

I can wish you good luck, though :D

mainstager
06-02-2013, 09:49 PM
Haha, thanks mate! :D

Lazybum
06-02-2013, 09:55 PM
glad people talked me into grabbing a GK when there was still 200 ish left instead of waiting, soo soo many threads about people wanting GK or PP

Stig
06-02-2013, 10:24 PM
I feel your frustration! Been sitting on the page for the weekend, and haven't had one alert pop up! Even when I've had to leave the house for a while, come back and nothing! I was debating GK hard when there were still a couple hundred left, and decided to pull the trigger about an hour too late. Now stuck hoping :)

mainstager
06-02-2013, 10:34 PM
I feel your frustration! Been sitting on the page for the weekend, and haven't had one alert pop up! Even when I've had to leave the house for a while, come back and nothing! I was debating GK hard when there were still a couple hundred left, and decided to pull the trigger about an hour too late. Now stuck hoping :)

Good luck to us!

Kiworrior
06-02-2013, 10:40 PM
What kind of freak am I that I'm actually enjoying the excitement of waiting for that single second I'll have to snatch one up?

This is kind of like buck hunting...or camping Argus in FFXI. 1/2 Peacock Charm.

I camped Argus for probably 100+ hours before finally giving up. Ended up buying a Peacock charm from a friend of mine instead.
Camping the kickstarter page is indeed similar, although there aren't placeholder mobs to kill in the meantime.

Gwaer
06-02-2013, 10:45 PM
I camped Argus for probably 100+ hours before finally giving up. Ended up buying a Peacock charm from a friend of mine instead.
Camping the kickstarter page is indeed similar, although there aren't placeholder mobs to kill in the meantime.

There are. We've just killed most of them already.

mainstager
06-02-2013, 10:50 PM
Dude...it's gonna happen. She's a college chick.