PDA

View Full Version : Idea: Guild Siege (Keep Defence + Raiding + PvE Competition)

TheDiv
06-02-2013, 10:23 PM
So we have guilds, right? And raiders, with their raiding and such. Oh, and we also have that lovely Keep Defence feature from the stretch goals... are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Traditionally, competition between PvE guilds has come down to this: who can beat a new raid boss first? While this will no doubt continue in Hex, I'm thinking there's potential to completely change how PvE guilds compete.

Introducing...

Guild Siege!

Based on Keep Defence, the idea is that a guild will create their own defensive capabilities. Rather then a single-encounter like our single-player Keep's provide, A guild will be able to create a Raid involving 5 encounters.

How will it work?

The Setup:

The encounters will be an extended version of how Keep Defence will work but the defending guild will have access to far more potent tools to thwart the raiders than the standard player will get for their single-player Keep. These will be earned through the PvE experience (i.e. rewards from raiding, potentially a collective effort of crafting bringing the entire guild together, perhaps unlocked through guild leveling? etc.)

For each encounter, the guild will need to provide a reward. The final encounter needs to provide an even bigger reward in addition to the glory of dominating another guilds defenses :D

The Siege:

This will work much the same way as raiding does. Three players from the same guild will get together and begin the siege. The goal is obvious, beat each encounter and stake your claim as the greatest guild in Entrath!

Keen to hear what you guys think! This is just a culmination of ideas and such that the development team have already talked about, it makes sense to me that these combine to provide an experience like nothing else :)

Tyrfang
06-02-2013, 10:24 PM
I was under the impression keep defense was multi-stage...?

TheDiv
06-02-2013, 10:30 PM
I was under the impression keep defense was multi-stage...?

Just double-checked the Kickstarter update and you are correct, it says "Players will be able to set up a series of decks to defend their Keep". Can still build on that further for Guild Siege mode though!

Gwaer
06-02-2013, 10:31 PM
I thought that this idea was one of the pipe dreams cory has expressed interest in eventually making a reality.... But, honestly it's really hard to keep track of all his ideas.

TheDiv
06-02-2013, 10:34 PM
I thought that this idea was one of the pipe dreams cory has expressed interest in eventually making a reality.... But, honestly it's really hard to keep track of all his ideas.

This one is putting a guild twist on the Raid Lord idea that he threw out there :)

taveren
06-02-2013, 10:46 PM
i support this idea and have already been hopping it was in the game