PDA

View Full Version : The strange story of the disappearance of the Dungeon Crawler

Tinuvas
06-02-2013, 11:07 PM
Well, yesterday at some point the DC tier hit half way to maxing out on the pledges. PP hit 400 left and went into a feeding frenzy. As I write this there are 376 DC left (and I am sure that when Crypto adjusts for Paypal that number will drop by a bit). While I don't think DC will disappear AS fast, I'm expecting a feeding frenzy before close of KS. Minimum of $94k above current levels of 1.628 mil or thereabouts. Add last levels of Paypal contributors and I expect that we will be cruising quite well into the future.

Watching these numbers is a pile of fun, especially as we wait until Hex comes out. Don't know what I'll do after the KS ends. Go back to having a real life?

stephenhii
06-02-2013, 11:10 PM
It is the next best tier. Am not surprised that DC tier to be maxed out in ... another 2-3 days.

TheDiv
06-02-2013, 11:12 PM
I definitely think DC will be maxed in 2 days or so. Collector will probably have around 500 left at the end of the campaign.

theradol
06-02-2013, 11:13 PM
i mean, common sense would say collector is the next best tier.

dc just seems like more fun.

Gwaer
06-02-2013, 11:16 PM
i mean, common sense would say collector is the next best tier.

dc just seems like more fun.
The first rule of collector tier!

stephenhii
06-02-2013, 11:16 PM
I disagree. Just imagine how many Legendary pve cards you could get if you play all year long? With the 100% loot bonus?

S117
06-02-2013, 11:17 PM
Collector is just kind of a shot in the dark...
If the alt art exclusives are good cards they could go through the roof...if not...well they'll still be more valuble but you might have been better off with RL or DC...

TheDiv
06-02-2013, 11:19 PM
My guess is that the type of gamers that come in at the end of this campaign will more likely be generic gamers rather than hardcore TCGers (as any hardcore TCGer would've been in by now) hence why DC is going quicker than Collector (speculation)

Sci3nce
06-02-2013, 11:43 PM
I disagree. Just imagine how many Legendary pve cards you could get if you play all year long? With the 100% loot bonus?

Same as everyone else since DC only affects Dungeons. I'm assuming the "Best" loot is going to be Raid loot, where DC has 0 benefit. I could be wrong and Dungeons could drop the best cards/gear in the game. If that's the case then there's really no need for Raids.

stephenhii
06-02-2013, 11:46 PM
Since raids are unlocked within dungeons, I would consider them raids a part of Dungeons too. Of course, there is no Heinz sauce here.

Gwaer
06-02-2013, 11:46 PM
Same as everyone else since DC only affects Dungeons. I'm assuming the "Best" loot is going to be Raid loot, where DC has 0 benefit. I could be wrong and Dungeons could drop the best cards/gear in the game. If that's the case then there's really no need for Raids.

The "need" for raids is alternate gameplay methods and challenges, it should have higher reward for higher difficulty, but that reward easily could be more quantity, too.

theradol
06-02-2013, 11:48 PM
yeah, the more they discuss it, the more it sounds like dungeons are about the same as wow dungeons. 100% bonus loot...of mostly stuff thats not very valuable.

But, it also sounds like more time will be spent in dungeons in pve then in raids.

and yeah collector should be more valuable, it just wont be as satisfying.

Sci3nce
06-02-2013, 11:49 PM
The "need" for raids is alternate gameplay methods and challenges, it should have higher reward for higher difficulty, but that reward easily could be more quantity, too.

True, I was arguing from a loot farming standpoint :) there are plenty of good things about raids even if loot wasn't a factor.

Rapkannibale
06-02-2013, 11:55 PM

The emphasis being in the could. You are still subject to the same RNG everyone else is, so a lucky non DC can get better loot drops than a DC pledger. :)

theradol
06-02-2013, 11:56 PM
True, I was arguing from a loot farming standpoint :) there are plenty of good things about raids even if loot wasn't a factor.

well, just take the fact that it would take 3x as many heroes and decks to beat a raid boss. that should make it give alot better stuff. better quality sounds more likely then 3 times as much. Also i think they already confirmed that dungeons will have their own exclusive drops which makes it more likely that you'll get ur legendaries off of raid bosses.

theradol
06-02-2013, 11:58 PM
anyone remember the odds of seeing an epic in a 5 man in vanilla wow? it happened but it was pretty unlikely.

What i'm expecting though, is that despite the loot being of less quality, it really doesn't matter so much if that loot effects the card you wanna build ur deck around.

warstriker
06-02-2013, 11:59 PM
Collector is just kind of a shot in the dark...
If the alt art exclusives are good cards they could go through the roof...if not...well they'll still be more valuble but you might have been better off with RL or DC...

These cards are all rare and or legendary. :)

stephenhii
06-03-2013, 12:04 AM
The emphasis being in the could. You are still subject to the same RNG everyone else is, so a lucky non DC can get better loot drops than a DC pledger. :)

Well I have to agree with you on this we are really not sure how big the impact will be despite the huge % figure. It could very well be 1% for a uber Legendary card which then becomes 2% with the 100% bonus. *chuckles*

But if above holds true, what if you receive 2-3 Legendary playsets in the random 20 they given out?

Sci3nce
06-03-2013, 12:09 AM
well, just take the fact that it would take 3x as many heroes and decks to beat a raid boss. that should make it give alot better stuff. better quality sounds more likely then 3 times as much. Also i think they already confirmed that dungeons will have their own exclusive drops which makes it more likely that you'll get ur legendaries off of raid bosses.

You're taking my statement out of context. I'm not saying that loot isn't the main reason to do raids.

theradol
06-03-2013, 12:15 AM
You're taking my statement out of context. I'm not saying that loot isn't the main reason to do raids.

i didn't say that you were saying that.

hoodieblanket
06-03-2013, 12:20 AM
Well I have to agree with you on this we are really not sure how big the impact will be despite the huge % figure. It could very well be 1% for a uber Legendary card which then becomes 2% with the 100% bonus. *chuckles*

But if above holds true, what if you receive 2-3 Legendary playsets in the random 20 they given out?

Cory stated in the latest interview with angry joe that we are actually underestimating how difficult it will be for us to get legendary gear in pve/pvp. So i would say the drop rate will be in the 0.0x% range. And end game legendary's will be worth a hell of a lot perhaps even moreso than pvp cards as casuals with money will be more interested in pve and the trading market will boom.

Sci3nce
06-03-2013, 12:24 AM
Cory stated in the latest interview with angry joe that we are actually underestimating how difficult it will be for us to get legendary gear in pve/pvp

If this is the case, it's not likely Legendaries will drop in Dungeons. This really hurts DC tier especially after 1 year where most likely you've already leveled and are just farming Raids for loot.

jai151
06-03-2013, 12:26 AM
Cory stated in the latest interview with angry joe that we are actually underestimating how difficult it will be for us to get legendary gear in pve/pvp. So i would say the drop rate will be in the 0.0x% range. And end game legendary's will be worth a hell of a lot perhaps even moreso than pvp cards as casuals with money will be more interested in pve and the trading market will boom.

I took that more to mean we are underestimating the difficulty of the content, not the drop rate. Cory seems to be big on making the game fun, and grinding content for a one in a million drop is not fun.

hoodieblanket
06-03-2013, 12:30 AM
If this is the case, it's not likely Legendaries will drop in Dungeons. This really hurts DC tier especially after 1 year where most likely you've already leveled and are just farming Raids for loot.

Ya I imagine legendaries will drop in dungeons but the % would be minuscule in comparison to finishing raids (supposedly incredibly difficult so rewards need to justify it.)
BUT as with most MMO's raids contained a fraction of the best TYPE of gear. Some raids was done purely for weapons or a certain drop. So i imagine the "best" gear can be farmed in dungeons and certain types will require raid loot. I imagine the dungeon perk for DC will be incredibly helpful as it is permanent and helps your RNG immensely.

Cory spoke about dungeons taking an hour or several hours so I imagine raids could be 4 - 6 hours or longer of work. They can justify this because you can log off and on to continue the raid whenever you want with your buddies due to it being against AI.

hoodieblanket
06-03-2013, 12:33 AM
I took that more to mean we are underestimating the difficulty of the content, not the drop rate. Cory seems to be big on making the game fun, and grinding content for a one in a million drop is not fun.

a 1% drop is a 1 in 100 chance for that uber legendary. if you have 10,000 (it will be A LOT more than that as it is an MMO) doing the raid daily, you are producing 100 legendaries per run. I doubt they want to shoot themselves in the foot. Legendaries are suppose to be hard to get. Not just the difficulty but the RNG is what makes them valuable.

AstaSyneri
06-03-2013, 02:11 AM
From what I have seen so far, having a few Items will make PvE a lot easier from the start. So I anticipate the first 20 random Items to really accelerate your dungeon crawling (more powerful decks but already having "unlocked" the powers of certain cards). This in turn will put you ahead of the field in being able to be a valuable part in a raid team.

Of course you could just be a good player, that might help, too ;-).

Indormi
06-03-2013, 05:05 AM
Cory spoke about dungeons taking an hour or several hours so I imagine raids could be 4 - 6 hours or longer of work. They can justify this because you can log off and on to continue the raid whenever you want with your buddies due to it being against AI.

Raids are a single encounter. Dont think it will take 4-6 hours per try

hoodieblanket
06-03-2013, 05:13 AM
Raids are a single encounter. Dont think it will take 4-6 hours per try

are you sure? most raids have a set amount of objectives that need to be met before taking on the boss? i'd imagine it is a "dungeon" inside a dungeon when certain goals are met. so a 3 hour dungeon becomes an 4 hour raid.

Fireblast
06-03-2013, 05:20 AM
I think that you guys are mistaken about loot.
It's nothing like other MMOs.
In a MMO : common gear is +1 armor, uncommon is +2 armor, rare is +3 armor, epic is +5 armor.

Here the equipment will give different powers, we won't see common = -1 cost and legendary = -3 cost.

Considering your deck plan, a common equipment could be better than a legendary one.

~

Indormi
06-03-2013, 05:28 AM
are you sure? most raids have a set amount of objectives that need to be met before taking on the boss? i'd imagine it is a "dungeon" inside a dungeon when certain goals are met. so a 3 hour dungeon becomes an 4 hour raid.

I'm 90% positive that raid are single encounter with different phases but is all the same "match" you may have to cope with different mechanics in each phase. For example when boss life reaches 20 each turn he takes one creature at random that you control and kill it dealing you damage based on its cost.

You may need to rerun the dungeon various time before you find the way to unlock the raid boss though. You need to not kill X creature, win this encounter this way etc. But when you unlock the raid you can jump into it whenever you want

Genocidal
06-03-2013, 06:10 AM

The way dungeons are set up to be multi-part hop-in hop-out at your leisure doesn't translate over well to a raid where you'll have two other people playing; they've mentioned that a raid is a single encounter which makes sense given that a TCG is replacing "normal" MMO combat -- you don't want to have 2/3 of the players sitting with a huge amount of downtime between turns for a 3-4 hour raid duration. That wouldn't be fun for anyone involved.

Clearly, the best option is to pledge a tier that offers Raid Leader and Dungeon Crawler benefits so you don't have to worry about it -- I hear Primals and Immortals are looking good this time of day! :)

Tinuvas
06-03-2013, 10:55 AM
As I write this there are 376 DC left (and I am sure that when Crypto adjusts for Paypal that number will drop by a bit).

Well, since last night at 11pm or so (about 12 hours ago), DC's left have dropped from 376 to 325 or so. 50 in half a day...much faster than previous days. It might be time for people to pick up that DC if they haven't already as we haven't had a Crypto adjustment since the end of the GK rush...

Punk
06-03-2013, 11:21 AM

The same legendary cards that everyone will be farming and there will be tons of them on the auction house after some time passes?

Comparing this to a rare/legendary card that is released every other month that, as of right now, only about 1400 people will be getting. 1400 x 2 per person due to the stretch goal = 2800. At this point, there is only going to be 2800 copies of these exclusive alternative art cards. Since they are all rare or legendary, some of these will be some of the best cards in the environment.

I have a feeling some of these cards are going to be extremely sought after, and with such limited quantities, extremely valuable as well.

KaosSoul
06-03-2013, 11:24 AM
alternate art pvp cards are in no way Rare/legendary only for collector

Genocidal
06-03-2013, 11:25 AM
They confirmed the alt art pvp cards were all rare/legendary when someone asked. Can't find where it was posted in the forums though.

Tyrfang
06-03-2013, 11:26 AM

Actually CZE already stated that they will be AA of Rare/Legendary rarity cards only.

Punk
06-03-2013, 11:27 AM

It has been confirmed a few times on the forums. All collector alternative art PvP cards are only Rare or Legendary.

KaosSoul
06-03-2013, 11:30 AM
my bad then its the tier i have anyway, that just make my day better o-o

Madican
06-03-2013, 06:06 PM
Dungeon Crawler is dropping fast. 250 left.

Shepherd74
06-03-2013, 06:16 PM
They said in the live stream that they were going to answer the 2 lotus gardens for Collector Tier question "tomorrow". Seems that would be a pretty big hit to the value of collector if they don't get the extra lotus. With DC dropping fast it makes that decision a bit tougher.

Lochar
06-03-2013, 06:20 PM
They said in the live stream that they were going to answer the 2 lotus gardens for Collector Tier question "tomorrow". Seems that would be a pretty big hit to the value of collector if they don't get the extra lotus. With DC dropping fast it makes that decision a bit tougher.

I'll be a sad panda if the collector doesn't get 2x gardens. Unlike the stretch goal, it doesn't specifically call that out as not being doubled.

Shepherd74
06-03-2013, 06:23 PM
They spent a fair amount of time talking about 1500 available PVE items. Which would seem to encourage people to want to pick up DC. But nothing about the collector tier, except they might not get 2 lotus gardens.

Gwaer
06-03-2013, 06:54 PM
They said they had to look and see what they already said about the collector tier. They've already said it gets 2 lotus gardens. They just don't remember saying that. I'm sure that it won't change, just needed to verify.

Lafoote
06-04-2013, 08:22 AM
I never even HEARD of this game until yesterday. I am both a big MMO honk, and a TCG'r. I loved the WoW tcg, but I live in rural florida, and there just isn't anyone else playing it here. Thus, back to Magic. Now have the Cryptozoic create an unholy marriage of WoW tcg and M:tG? I'm in! Wait? It's an MMO too? OMFG this will be the greatest thing since Everquest!

How is this related to the topic? Scanning the KS DC was the clear and obvious choice to me. If the Collector was 6 cards a month? That would be fantastic. 6 per year is just not that exciting. I'll take my bonus loot EVERY...SINGLE...DAY be it cards, mercenaries, crafting mats, gold, or equipment. It should be a HUGE boon to setup my decks, and an auction engine to keep the bankroll thick! I can't believe it wasn't sold out by the time I got here.

Tyrfang
06-04-2013, 08:27 AM
6 exclusive cards a year of rare/legendary rarity.

AFAIK, you don't get mercenary as loot, they are unlocked for doing certain things in game.