PDA

View Full Version : Potential Concern : Collector's/Limited Edition at launch

Rozenfel
06-03-2013, 03:12 AM
Hi folks! This is my first post in the forum and i would like to talk about something which have been weighing heavily on my mind.

I've pledged for the DC tier but it makes me nervous because till now, the hardworking folks at Cryptozoic have not made any mention of the different game editions that will be available to the public at launch. Judging from the current trend of things, it is safe to say that there will be Collector's/Limited editions of Hex available when it launches and i'm worried about this because of a number of reasons.

1.) Number of set 1 packs available will get greatly inflated assuming that the average Collector's/Limited edition will price at around the King Tier and so we can assume that it will provide equivalent number of packs or bonuses.

2.) Bonuses given in Collector's/Limited editions might just be better than those available now through KS.

3.) Physical boxsets with physical collectibles? I don't make much per month and so i wish to get the best bang for my buck so as to speak, not to mention that i'm a sucker for physical collectibles.

And there we have it, i might be selfish saying this but i do hope that the Kickstarter rewards will always be better than any collector's/limited editions at launch.

NaryaDL0re
06-03-2013, 03:17 AM
this "free to play" game has no reason for any collectors editon.
Much less so since its digital only and has no other mmo outside itself connected.

Crypto also implied at multiple occasions that the KS pledged will NOT be
devalued by similar products or later releases.

I dont think this is the right game for a collectors edition.