PDA

View Full Version : 2 x $250 accounts and having separate PvE and PvP account

Avignon
06-03-2013, 07:27 AM
Anyone plan/thought of having separate PvE and PvP accounts?

Some thoughts went through my head regarding why this might be a great idea and I am failing to see any bad reasons at this point in time.

+ Can get Pro Tier/Collector with a year of free drafts (or life!) for PvP account
+ Can get Dungeon Crawler/Raid Leader with a year of free drafts for PvE account
+ Can trade spectral lotus from PvP account to PvE account
+ Have a second copy of exclusive PvE Mercenaries that would lose otherwise
+ If decide to give to wife/daughter/friend later on, can do so as still separated

- Free drafts (3) don't go towards PvP ranking
- Have to use two login's
- ????? I can't think of any

So I know this goes against Cory wanting people to not stack $250 draft tiers, but a conversation with a mate about how he has 1 dungeon collector and I have 2 pro player tiers come up. The thought come up of swapping one of my PP tiers for his DC after the kickstarter until I realised we would collectively be losing 12 months of drafts. Also if the choice was still there, I would just grab a Grand King and be done with it.

My budget is $500 but really don't want to lose the Dungeon Crawler bonus forever when it vanishes in a few days.

Am I angering the CZE gods by doing this? Or just being economical about it?

Ditsch
06-03-2013, 07:43 AM
I am also thinking of adding a collector tier to my pledge without having it merged but yeah i don't know if cze would get upset and i got told if it's the same credit card number they will merge the account i don't have a 2nd credit card.

Rapkannibale
06-03-2013, 07:50 AM
I am doing pretty much this. I have a PP and a Collector and I will keep them separate. I am merging the extra King with my collector though just because I don't want to bother with 3 accounts, although maybe I will to solo raids. :)

FranzVonG
06-03-2013, 07:57 AM
If I remember correctly, as long as you are using different credit cards it should not be a problem.

Rapkannibale
06-03-2013, 07:59 AM
If I remember correctly, as long as you are using different credit cards it should not be a problem.

Yep that is the only limitation. Although you can get around it buy making your main account the one that buys stuff and then trade with yourself. A bit more annoying but possible.

DjiN
06-03-2013, 08:24 AM
Multiboxers... I don't like them.

Madican
06-03-2013, 08:26 AM
Multiboxers... I don't like them.

This isn't multiboxing, it's separate accounts.

Multiboxing is when you are playing multiple accounts at the same time. Can't be done in Hex, the PvE content is just going to be too difficult for keycloning to work.

LexC
06-03-2013, 09:59 AM
I will try and get one main account with my Pro + 2Kings. And one merchant account with 1x King which will be on my Tablet so I can brows the AH and buy/sell cards. The second account will be for AH ONLY, I do not have the brain power to run two games at the same time >_<

Also, I am trying to find the answer to this, when they said as long as we use "two different Cards" did they mean Kickstarter or Game accounts? Thanks for your help.

Genocidal
06-03-2013, 10:05 AM
Game accounts. They also said they were exploring other funding options for people who didn't have credit cards, so in theory you could run one account off of Platinum cards, but nothing confirmed on that front.

Talreth
06-03-2013, 10:05 AM
They also said they are against people sharing accounts, fyi.

Genocidal
06-03-2013, 10:09 AM
They also said they are against people sharing accounts, fyi.

? Not sure how that's relevant in this situation unless they explicitly said that also includes people having multiple accounts? My understanding was that they don't want someone sharing their login information (user/pass) with another person, which is a pretty basic security practice and rule for most account-based systems.

Turtlewing
06-03-2013, 10:33 AM
? Not sure how that's relevant in this situation unless they explicitly said that also includes people having multiple accounts? My understanding was that they don't want someone sharing their login information (user/pass) with another person, which is a pretty basic security practice and rule for most account-based systems.

Past comments have implied that they don't want one person having multiple account (the VIP, and payment clarifications), but I don't believe they've taken an official position.

KaosSoul
06-03-2013, 10:36 AM
considering pvp card works in pve i dont see anypoint in having separated account, get 6 month vip istead of 2x 3 months

nearlysober
06-03-2013, 11:04 AM
Stacking tiers was never their true intention. You can see/hear it in Cory's response every time he talks about it that he's a bit disappointing that people are "gaming the system" this much.

Stop trying to get around the rules and just be happy with what you have.

Can't you see you're breaking Cory's heart? :(

Tyrfang
06-03-2013, 11:09 AM
Stacking tiers was never their true intention. You can see/hear it in Cory's response every time he talks about it that he's a bit disappointing that people are "gaming the system" this much.

I think what's breaking his heart is he sees why everyone is stacking and would realize he would do it himself, but he has to put the line somewhere to protect Hex.

Yubinshan
06-03-2013, 11:14 AM

I don't have the option of buying a GK or DL as both are "sold out".

I don't have the option of buying a Primal as it costs a mortgage payment.

Short of stacking tiers, what option do I have if I want to obtain rewards in proportion to my investment?

jai151
06-03-2013, 11:15 AM

Actually, his response to the situation is part of the reason I'm such a big believer in the game.

The obvious options were to either completely disallow combining tiers or to allow anyone to combine as many as they wanted. Now, obviously allowing people to combine a ton of tiers would have been bad just from the amount of product that would enter the ecosystem alone. But disallowing it completely would lead to a large number of people with multiple accounts, something also undesirable.

By sticking to the "We said we'd do it, so we're gonna do it" talking point while limiting it to 4 tiers keeps a cap on the product entering and cuts down the number of people going around the system while upsetting the smallest number of people. It was a damn intelligent move, and one that required pretty careful thought. In other words, something showing all the traits I'd want to see out of the company making the game.

jai151
06-03-2013, 11:17 AM
I don't have the option of buying a GK or DL as both are "sold out".

I don't have the option of buying a Primal as it costs a mortgage payment.

Short of stacking tiers, what option do I have if I want to obtain rewards in proportion to my investment?

Considering every tier rewards at least double (and usually much more than that) its value in boosters alone, many.

Yubinshan
06-03-2013, 11:20 AM
Considering every tier rewards at least double (and usually much more than that) its value in boosters alone, many.

Please explain. If I have $500 to invest, what can I do that isn't "stacking tiers"?

Tyrfang
06-03-2013, 11:20 AM
Please explain. If I have $500 to invest, what can I do that isn't "stacking tiers"?

Two accounts? :)

jai151
06-03-2013, 11:24 AM

Get a collector or DC. Just because you have $500 to invest doesn't mean you have to invest $500.

However, I was never against stacking to begin with

nearlysober
06-03-2013, 11:30 AM
My response was more pointed to people trying to have "multiple accounts" for year 1 to try to game the non-stacking drafts, then hoping to combine them a year later. I think that is sketchy.

If you want to stack 2 rewards now, go for it. They said they're OK with it.

Avignon
06-03-2013, 03:23 PM
Thanks for everyones response. So I guess the short of it is that it can be done but might break Cory's heart. Maybe I should just stack the 2 x Pro Player tiers and save the hassle.

Will still regret not taking Dungeon Crawler though but will regret not taking the two pro tiers more probably eventually maybe.

nicosharp
06-03-2013, 04:10 PM
Thanks for everyones response. So I guess the short of it is that it can be done but might break Cory's heart. Maybe I should just stack the 2 x Pro Player tiers and save the hassle.

Will still regret not taking Dungeon Crawler though but will regret not taking the two pro tiers more probably eventually maybe.

I think it was a mistake to not allow the 1 year of 1 draft per week to stack to 1 year of (x) drafts per week for all tiers "below" pro player at the $250 level.

It is also a mistake to not allow PvE mercenaries to stack. The only reason why some people will not merge accounts is because of the negative value associated with stacking.

I believe this was done to discourage multiple limited $250 tier pledges, after pro-player and GK had sold out, to leave more single pledges for truly unique users. That I can understand.

It just sucks to want GK + Collector for the full set of Collector cards, but lose a year of 1 draft per week if I decide to merge, and lose the ability to trade a friend some cool PvE mercenaries.

jai151
06-03-2013, 04:17 PM
I think it was a mistake to not allow the 1 year of 1 draft per week to stack to 1 year of (x) drafts per week for all tiers "below" pro player at the $250 level.

It wasn't a mistake. They're giving out an incredible amount of free product, they've crushed their goals, they didn't even really need to give out the 1 year. It was preemptively correcting a further mistake.

It is also a mistake to not allow PvE mercenaries to stack. The only reason why some people will not merge accounts is because of the negative value associated with stacking.

Mercenaries are not tradable.

I believe this was done to discourage multiple limited $250 tier pledges, after pro-player and GK had sold out, to leave more single pledges for truly unique users. That I can understand.

It just sucks to want GK + Collector for the full set of Collector cards, but lose a year of 1 draft per week if I decide to merge, and lose the ability to trade a friend some cool PvE mercenaries.

What's more important to you, a full set of collectors for life or 156 packs? That's what it boils down to.

nicosharp
06-03-2013, 04:24 PM
Mercenaries are not tradable.
What's more important to you, a full set of collectors for life or 156 packs? That's what it boils down to.
To the first - Yes, I know. I was going to give the account to a friend so they could have the mercenaries, but I want the yearly collector cards.

To the second - Both are important to me, and is why I would not merge accounts.

jai151
06-03-2013, 04:28 PM
To the first - Yes, I know. I was going to give the account to a friend so they could have the mercenaries, but I want the yearly collector cards.

To the second - Both are important to me, and is why I would not merge accounts.

How would the mercs stacking (essentially giving you one useless copy) help, then?

nicosharp
06-03-2013, 04:39 PM
How would the mercs stacking (essentially giving you one useless copy) help, then?
If Mercs stacked, Mercs would be tradeable.... basically.
It's beating around the bush. I really don't need to know what CZE has promised, because I am already aware of that. I am trying to make a argument against what already has been stated.

Yes, they are generous. Yes, we are getting a lot. But don't think they should frown on someone for keeping multiple accounts separate. They give us a lot of reasons to for value's sake. Not for exploitation's sake.

jai151
06-03-2013, 04:50 PM
If Mercs stacked, Mercs would be tradeable.... basically.

Except Mercs can't be traded. They aren't cards. Mercs you unlock in the game can't be traded either. So they don't really have value aside from giving a second account to a friend, which isn't really the situation that's frowned upon.

For the collector's rewards draft, yes, of course I see your point. But they were handed a bit of an impossible choice with that. Remember, drafting is likely to be their main money maker on this game.

Tyrfang
06-03-2013, 04:53 PM
Packs are the main money maker in this game.
Drafting doesn't really make them any money directly, just increases demand for packs. :)

nicosharp
06-03-2013, 04:54 PM
Except Mercs can't be traded. They aren't cards. Mercs you unlock in the game can't be traded either. So they don't really have value aside from giving a second account to a friend, which isn't really the situation that's frowned upon.

For the collector's rewards draft, yes, of course I see your point. But they were handed a bit of an impossible choice with that. Remember, drafting is likely to be their main money maker on this game.

Oh... you are right about the Mercs. I keep thinking in WoWTCG terms of them being like Hero cards.. yeah, they are account 'unlocked'.

verozo
06-03-2013, 06:11 PM
Wait, i'm a little confused right now. For those that stacked, for example, 2 pp tiers, what exactly is stacked and what is not?

Tyrfang
06-03-2013, 06:23 PM
Wait, i'm a little confused right now. For those that stacked, for example, 2 pp tiers, what exactly is stacked and what is not?

Everything stacks if you have 2x PP except for Deck Sleeves and Mercenaries.

verozo
06-03-2013, 06:37 PM
Everything stacks if you have 2x PP except for Deck Sleeves and Mercenaries.

So all the boosters and pve exclusives/ pvp AA still stacks right?

Daer
06-03-2013, 06:58 PM
Yes

dwebber88
06-04-2013, 12:04 PM
Except for PVP cards are all available in PvE, so the PvE account should not only have PvE cards if you want to build a massive deck.

correct me if i'm wrong

larryhl
06-04-2013, 12:05 PM
The starters will most likely be a 60-card deck of PvP cards, so you could use those in PvP and PvE.

EntropyBall
06-04-2013, 12:11 PM

Why don't you just give the account to a friend, and then have him send you the yearly collector cards?

benczi
06-04-2013, 12:18 PM
I too have 2x$250 pledges. I don't want to merge them, for the sole reason that I want to have the accounts separate for future value. I read in the beginning that it may be a problem if I don't have a second credit card. why is that? do they merge the accounts automatically if they are paid with the same cc, even if we don't ask for it?

jai151
06-04-2013, 12:21 PM
I too have 2x$250 pledges. I don't want to merge them, for the sole reason that I want to have the accounts separate for future value. I read in the beginning that it may be a problem if I don't have a second credit card. why is that? do they merge the accounts automatically if they are paid with the same cc, even if we don't ask for it?

Two accounts cannot have the same credit card tied to them. If a CC is needed to make the account, then you would be unable to create more than one if you only have one card. Otherwise you would just have one account you could never purchase anything on.

Gwaer
06-04-2013, 12:30 PM
Two accounts cannot have the same credit card tied to them. If a CC is needed to make the account, then you would be unable to create more than one if you only have one card. Otherwise you would just have one account you could never purchase anything on.

Cory already said no CC is required to make the account, just to purchase things with cash.

jai151
06-04-2013, 12:32 PM
Cory already said no CC is required to make the account, just to purchase things with cash.

Cool. Was not certain on that, so wanted to make sure I covered either scenario.

benczi
06-04-2013, 12:51 PM
Yes, but a CC is needed 4 Amazon to back the project, and I have used the same CC so far, should I try to change it now, or is it ok as it is? (first time kickstarting a project)

jai151
06-04-2013, 12:53 PM
Yes, but a CC is needed 4 Amazon to back the project, and I have used the same CC so far, should I try to change it now, or is it ok as it is? (first time kickstarting a project)

The kickstarter credit card is not linked to the account.

Ditsch
06-04-2013, 01:19 PM
So i could pledge through kickstarter twice from 2 kickstarter accounts and both of them have the same credit card and still the account wouldn't merged if have 2 different email adresses on those kickstarter accounts ? Or alternate scenario once via kickstarter and once via paypal with the same credit card but different email adresses ?