PDA

View Full Version : Ppl say: "open your boosters only in draft or tournaments"

nrflorencio
06-03-2013, 07:39 AM
I was under the impression that to enter a draft you had to pay for 3 booster packs and the entry fee, for a total of 7 dolars?

Are you people sure you can have your (kickstarter, AH or retail) boosters stockpiled and use them for drafts, having to pay only 1 dollar entry fee?

Will the boosters just show up in your account interface and have a button that says "rip it open"?

When you join a draft, are you going to have options like: "use booster stock", pay full fee? I dont get this...

And importantly. Has any of this been officially confirmed or are people just making assumptions from other games?

dogmod
06-03-2013, 07:41 AM
I was under the impression that to enter a draft you had to pay for 3 booster packs and the entry fee, for a total of 7 dolars?

Are you people sure you can have your (kickstarter, AH or retail) boosters stockpiled and use them for drafts, having to pay only 1 dollar entry fee?

Will the boosters just show up in your account interface and have a button that says "rip it open"?

When you join a draft, are you going to have options like: "use booster stock", pay full fee? I dont get this...

And importantly. Has any of this been officially confirmed or are people just making assumptions from other games?

OP_Kyle confirmed options to use them in draft at one point on this forum..

larryhl
06-03-2013, 07:48 AM
To join a draft you need 3 boosters on hand. That means you need 3 boosters from somewhere already. Then you pay the entry fee and you're in.

Keznath
06-03-2013, 07:49 AM
2$ for 15 cards that you'll never have in your hand....it's quite too much ...moreover you have to pay an entry fee.

If you are a new casual player (after kickstarter) and you want to participate only 1 draft a week (most of us will play several drafts a week), it will cost you 28$ !!

too much...definitely.

dogmod
06-03-2013, 07:49 AM
To join a draft you need 3 boosters on hand. That means you need 3 boosters from somewhere already. Then you pay the entry fee and you're in.

they will have options to pay 7 and enter or pay 1 and use 3 boosters and everything in between as stated by kyle in another post

nrflorencio
06-03-2013, 07:53 AM
Ok, thank you for the replies.

Cheers

Thrawn
06-03-2013, 07:53 AM
If you are a new casual player (after kickstarter) and you want to participate only 1 draft a week (most of us will play several drafts a week), it will cost you 28$ !!

too much...definitely.

Huh? If you have a bunch of packs already (which is what this thread is about) it only costs you $1 per draft plus the 3 boosters you use. Even if you lose terribly you still come away with 3 packs worth of cards that you picked. If you do well enough to win even 1 pack you come out $1 ahead.

ramseytheory
06-03-2013, 07:56 AM
2$ for 15 cards that you'll never have in your hand....it's quite too much ...moreover you have to pay an entry fee.

too much...definitely.

You realise you get to keep the cards you draft, right? And that you can buy boosters from other people on exchange for PVE stuff? And that the VIP program effectively gives you four boosters per month at $1 each? And that if you play Swiss, unless you come dead last, you'll take away at least one booster as a prize?

Tyrfang
06-03-2013, 08:00 AM
ramseytheory, Keznath is suggesting they are not physical cards, and therefore, not worth anything.

Personally, I have 10,000 MTG commons and uncommons...which are worth less it costs to ship them to a store. *shrug*

nicosharp
06-03-2013, 08:04 AM
I know you already read this OP. But one person's comments here are very wrong.. So this whole thread should be re-read. I lot can be gleaned from it.
http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=24477

Grissnap
06-03-2013, 08:18 AM
You can do one of the following... $7, $5+1Booster, $3+2Boosters, $1+3Boosters (or press your shiny "FREE DRAFT OF THE WEEK" button).

THREAD SPECULATION KILLA!

From this thread: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=23983

Apparition
06-03-2013, 12:27 PM
ramseytheory, Keznath is suggesting they are not physical cards, and therefore, not worth anything.

Personally, I have 10,000 MTG commons and uncommons...which are worth less it costs to ship them to a store. *shrug*

Oh, what kinds do you have? I wanna make a pauper deck irl. :)

Tyrfang
06-03-2013, 12:34 PM
Oh, what kinds do you have? I wanna make a pauper deck irl. :)

Uhhh, mostly stuff from Onslaught through Champions of Kamigawa? The box weighs like 10 lbs, lol.