PDA

View Full Version : Introducing my channel Helping to spread the word!

MrSeriousBsns
06-03-2013, 08:18 AM
Hi all,

I wanted to let you know that I've decided to make a small promotional YouTube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmP9hwIeVMI) to kick off the last 4 days of the Kickstarter campaign. I have a few friends who will be joining me in Hex, and they have graciously offered to link to the video on their social media.

I'm attempting to get the word out about the game and what it has to offer now that we are down to the wire and I'm sure everyone here on this board wants the pace to keep picking up.

If you like the content, please share it around. I have some projects which will start rolling into my YouTube page, so keep checking back to see what's on tap. This being my first video, I know its a little rough around the edges, but I'll continually improve as I keep on developing.

I really appreciate any constructive criticism or suggestions on anything else you guys would like to see as far as Hex content goes. Subscribing to the channel would garner my sincere thanks and I'm really looking forward to seeing you all in Alpha!

Channel link (http://www.youtube.com/user/SeriousBsnsGames?feature=watch)

Massabik
06-03-2013, 09:50 AM
I would be interesting in PvE videos when we start getting more info. After the game is released, maybe seeing how the different races/classes see the different dungeons, raids, etc.

maniza
06-03-2013, 10:23 AM
like your video +points because your voice is not anoing.

MrSeriousBsns
06-03-2013, 05:19 PM
Hey all, just finished uploading my first of the Card Breakdown series.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svdPnroZO2E&feature=youtu.be)
In this episode, I look at the Blood Harbinger. The card breakdown series is intended to give people a quick look at each card in a vacuum.

If you are watching the Twitch stream, be sure to turn down your volume levels before watching! I think the Twitch stream is really quiet, so the vid will blow your socks off if you don't modulate!

Of course, if you have any suggestions or recommendations, please let me know!

Here's to hoping the Live stream gets up and running soon!

blakegrandon
06-03-2013, 06:17 PM
What.

The.

Heck.

A commentator that doesn't have an annoying voice that wants to make me jump off a cliff?

You sir win.

MrSeriousBsns
06-03-2013, 11:58 PM
I really appreciate the feedback so far guys!

I've just finished uploading the second video in the Card Breakdown series (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grEk4wbLp5A&feature=youtu.be) - this time looking at the Kraken Guard Mariner.

I'm definitely looking for input on the Card Breakdown series (if there is different information you guys would want me to touch on) and for content suggestions moving forward.

@Massabik - I'll definitely be looking at PvE content after we get into the beta. I love equipment and there is going to be a lot to discuss about the pros and cons of gear set ups, class talents, and different dungeon mechanics

Gwaer
06-04-2013, 12:13 AM
I really appreciate the feedback so far guys!

I've just finished uploading the second video in the Card Breakdown series (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grEk4wbLp5A&feature=youtu.be) - this time looking at the Kraken Guard Mariner.

I'm definitely looking for input on the Card Breakdown series (if there is different information you guys would want me to touch on) and for content suggestions moving forward.

@Massabik - I'll definitely be looking at PvE content after we get into the beta. I love equipment and there is going to be a lot to discuss about the pros and cons of gear set ups, class talents, and different dungeon mechanics

Har-binj-er would be how you pronounce that, just for future reference. Unless it's some cultural difference I suppose. If that's how you say it in europe or something... Then I suppose it's okay.

wallofomens
06-04-2013, 12:16 AM
Har-binj-er would be how you pronounce that, just for future reference. Unless it's some cultural difference I suppose. If that's how you say it in europe or something... Then I suppose it's okay.

Nope, it's how you said it everywhere. Someone else also commented on his video about that too. But it's an easy mistake to make if you think the word is "Harbringer".

I like your channel so far. Maybe we can do some stuff together in the future. :)

Grissnap
06-04-2013, 12:18 AM
Just some questions for the youtubers, how do you make the video portion for the videos you make?

wallofomens
06-04-2013, 12:20 AM
Just some questions for the youtubers, how do you make the video portion for the videos you make?

Not sure what you mean. If you mean how we put the images, pointers, etc. I personally use Camtasia.

Gwaer
06-04-2013, 12:22 AM
I use open broadcaster software.

Grissnap
06-04-2013, 12:31 AM
Not sure what you mean. If you mean how we put the images, pointers, etc. I personally use Camtasia.

Yeah, that's what I was asking. Thanks!

MrSeriousBsns
06-04-2013, 01:02 AM

Yeah, it was an error on my part... one I'm sure I'll be making for a long time. At least I spelled it correctly in the video description! :)

Fireblast
06-04-2013, 02:16 AM
I always thought Harbinger was pronounced with a G like in Bringer too, before I heard someone say harbinjer :)

It's counter-intuitive when english is not your native language!

~

Ben
06-04-2013, 02:28 AM
Nice videos. :D

Rapkannibale
06-04-2013, 03:33 AM
Subscribed. :)

MrSeriousBsns
06-04-2013, 07:13 AM
Thank you very very much for the support - the third video in the Card Breakdown series (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM4y9gaF9C0&feature=youtu.be) is now live! I'll be updating my signature whenever a new video is out in an effort to not bump this thread with video updates.

I'll still happily respond to comments and feedback as well as suggestions on which card any of you would like to see in the next card breakdown!

Skirovik
06-04-2013, 07:30 PM
Finally got a chance to watch your videos.

They're quite nice. :)

Not 100% sure on the grey background, but it's a non-issue after a few seconds into the vid.

My suggestion for the next card breakdown is the Black Lotus, but please make sure you understand exactly what it does before posting the video. There is a lot of confusion about this card and a video explaining exactly how it works would be phenomenal. I, myself, would not be doing a video for this card as I'm still not 100% sure on how it works.

Cheers and also, subscribed. :D

nicosharp
06-04-2013, 07:42 PM
Good stuff. You dont by chance know Ms. Srs Business?

panzer
06-04-2013, 07:50 PM
Excellent way to support the game. I am trying to get my steam friends from DotP to back it but the steam group is tiny still.