PDA

View Full Version : Any talk about team PVP?

TowelMan
06-03-2013, 09:14 AM
Personally I think one of the funnest types of matches in the MTG Planeswalker games is 2 headed giant; you and a partner share 30 HP and take turns at the same time against another 2 player team.

Has there been any talk or speculation about this kind of thing with Hex?

MasterN64
06-03-2013, 09:15 AM
Its a guarantee it will eventually be put into the game in some form. Something like that is too much of a standard play type not to include. The only questions are when and will they add some fancy new things like a two headed draft format or the like.

Kardh
06-03-2013, 09:20 AM
Corey mentioned it in the Angry Joe interview. It's coming, but a bit down the list I think was what he said.

BenRGamer
06-03-2013, 09:23 AM
The system can easily handle it, he said, but the problem is he wants to make it fun--there's too much time between turns in 2v2, he thinks that will turn people off of it and is playing around with it to figure something out to help it.

Stok3d
06-03-2013, 09:47 AM
It was mentioned on the AngryJoeShow. He wants to do 2v2, but is working on a way to make it fun instead of waiting around on 3 other ppl. Not sure if timers will be limited or what, but it's being tinkered with now.

Punk
06-03-2013, 09:53 AM
Limited events of 2v2 or teams of three (setup 1v1 - 1v1 - 1v1) are some of my favorite formats.

Gwaer
06-03-2013, 09:55 AM
Cory said 2v2 was his favorite format, too.

nearlysober
06-03-2013, 09:57 AM
I think they just have to be able to design an interface where you can not only see the entire board, but you can see your partners hand as well as your own.

I only played in one "Two-Headed Ogre" WoWTCG tourney, but that his how me and my buddy passed the time waiting on the other team. Lean back and look at our hands, point to cards & whisper our plans.

It would be nice if there was some way that while waiting, if each player could "point" at their partners hand... perhaps bring it into focus with a highlight and slight enlargement. That way you & your partner could be on a voice client, and you could say "well if he plays X then I think you should play this one" and actually have it light up on his screen or something.

That way you kill the time plotting with your partner.

Talreth
06-03-2013, 10:03 AM
I think they just have to be able to design an interface where you can not only see the entire board, but you can see your partners hand as well as your own.

I only played in one "Two-Headed Ogre" WoWTCG tourney, but that his how me and my buddy passed the time waiting on the other team. Lean back and look at our hands, point to cards & whisper our plans.

It would be nice if there was some way that while waiting, if each player could "point" at their partners hand... perhaps bring it into focus with a highlight and slight enlargement. That way you & your partner could be on a voice client, and you could say "well if he plays X then I think you should play this one" and actually have it light up on his screen or something.

That way you kill the time plotting with your partner.

And also try to trigger his epilepsy at the same time c:

RobHaven
06-03-2013, 11:02 AM
My favorite formats from Planeswalkers and MTGO (when I played a thousand years ago) were the non-1 on 1 types. The archenemy format where one deck takes on three was awesome (which sounds like we'll get at some point...they said you could become a raid boss). The planeswalking one in Planeswalkers 2013 was a pretty cool idea, but the planes deck needed adjustment. And I don't remember what it's called, but there was a format from MTGO where you played 3 on 3, and your global effects only hit the decks on either side of you; if you were a middle lane deck, you buffed the flank guys, and the flank guys fought the people in front of them.

EntropyBall
06-03-2013, 01:04 PM
I think one of the challenges for them in creating multiplayer is the fact that you will have wait/pass priority constantly. Hopefully they come up with a way to streamline this, otherwise a MP game (and possibly even a 2 player game) will be extremely annoying as everyone passes priority on every single action. IRL this is not as bad, since most of the time you get a sense of whether anyone wants to react, and you just naturally skip over the times when no one has anything they can do.

Also, for the post above me, I've always heard that format called Emperor.