PDA

View Full Version : Bought the Captain Tier, now what?

Tarantel
06-03-2013, 11:19 AM
Hi,
I bought the Captain Tier yesterday using the Hex homepage instead of Kickstarter because I wanted to use Paypal.

I donated the 50 bucks and got the confirmation, but nothing else!

I wasnīt asked to register an account here first, I wasnīt logged in anywhere besides Paypal while paying.

When, how and where do I get my code, token or whatever it is you guys send out when the Beta starts?

Cotton
06-03-2013, 11:21 AM
Your email

Tyrfang
06-03-2013, 11:22 AM
Games not released yet. You'll get your stuff once beta starts, around mid September of this year...

Or the alpha code, when that happens.

It'll be done through e-mail.

If you didn't understand this going in, and want a refund, contact the company and I'm sure they'll refund your money to you.

dogmod
06-03-2013, 11:23 AM
Games not released yet. You'll get your stuff once beta starts, around mid September of this year...

Or the alpha code, when that happens.

It'll be done through e-mail.

If you didn't understand this going in, and want a refund, contact the company and I'm sure they'll refund your money to you.

I imagine the proper response is... Addictively follow this and the kickstarter page... Upgrade until you have spent as much as you can possibly budget... Go back to addictively following this and the kickstarter page

nearlysober
06-03-2013, 11:38 AM
As others mentioned... you'll be contacted via email when the "alpha" test is ready to start. That will not include the freebies from the donation yet.

It's just an early look at the game. Then a few weeks later the Beta will start, probably around September you'll get the actual boostesr and your account will be fully live then.

If it wasn't clear and you don't want to donate based on that, email their customer service. They've been very good about working with people.

Tarantel
06-03-2013, 11:48 AM
I understand that I canīt receive my code or whatever NOW, the Kickstarter isnīt even finished.

But WHERE are my infos sent to when Beta starts? I havenīt registered anything! Do they just use the
address the payment was done from? There is absolutely NO explanation whatsoever on the homepage itself!

Kalius
06-03-2013, 11:49 AM
I understand, that I canīt receive my code NOW, the Kickstarter isnīt even finished.

But WHERE are my infos sent to when it starts? I havenīt registered anything! Do they just use the adress the payment was done from? There is absolutely NO explanation whatsoever on the homepage itself!

Paypal is connected to an e-mail.

Common sense.

Tarantel
06-03-2013, 11:57 AM
Paypal is connected to an e-mail.

Common sense.

Sure it is, but in this case it is not MY email address it is linked to, thatīs the problem here. Usually you register an account and THEN buy your things. Or you buy your things, register an account afterwards and get your items THEN. It was never stated anywhere, that the case here is different. Oh well, so I have to not forget about the purchase, as the PP address is used for nothing else but sending payments once every few months or so...

Sucks that I have to check this addy regularly now as mails there are autodeleted after 7 days.

Daer
06-03-2013, 12:04 PM
Forward them to your regular email

nearlysober
06-03-2013, 12:05 PM
Yeah, I would suggest emailing the customer service department from the email you used to donate from, and see if they can update their records to include the email of your choosing.

If it's possible to do so, I'm sure they will comply. They've been very helpful to people so far.

Tarantel
06-03-2013, 12:06 PM
Forward them to your regular email

Ohhhhh! Stupid me, never thought about that. :)

houjix
06-03-2013, 12:37 PM
Sure it is, but in this case it is not MY email address it is linked to, thatīs the problem here. Usually you register an account and THEN buy your things. Or you buy your things, register an account afterwards and get your items THEN. It was never stated anywhere, that the case here is different. Oh well, so I have to not forget about the purchase, as the PP address is used for nothing else but sending payments once every few months or so...

Sucks that I have to check this addy regularly now as mails there are autodeleted after 7 days.

Part of your confusion stems from not realizing a Kickstarter program isn't purchase program. It's a fund raising program intended to get funds to finish production and add additional features. You haven't technically bought anything, you are just getting a reward for your donation. The game itself hasn't even begun. When it does, you will create an account and they will send some sort of information to the e-mail you used to donate money that will allow you to activate your rewards.

Tarantel
06-03-2013, 04:55 PM
Part of your confusion stems from not realizing a Kickstarter program isn't purchase program. It's a fund raising program intended to get funds to finish production and add additional features. You haven't technically bought anything, you are just getting a reward for your donation. The game itself hasn't even begun. When it does, you will create an account and they will send some sort of information to the e-mail you used to donate money that will allow you to activate your rewards.

Wrong, I am very well aware that I have to wait until Beta starts, I even stated that in this thread.
My confusion stemmed from the fact, that I didnīt receive any confirmation from Cryptozoic at all. Paypal confirmed the donation, but thatīs it. There should be at least a "We received your donation, we will deliver your bought goods as soon as they are available" mail of sort, that would have helped a lot. Or just a small redirection to a "Thank you" page after paymentwas processed. In my case I was just brought back to the Hex mainpage, with no indication of "success" at all.

This in combination with the fact that I didnīt have to register or log in to the Hex page before I was able to donate led to this thread. Hence the question where my goods and beta entry will be sent to. That was also completely unclear at first.

This whole procedure just gave me a(n?) "You made something wrong, you just lost money because of that" feeling. Maybe Cryptozoid should look into improving their communication there. ;)