PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Drafting

successfulgeek
06-03-2013, 01:59 PM
Have they said one way or another how drafting will work in alpha, or if they will even allow it?

The reason I ask is I am sure they are wiping between alpha and beta, so if you have to spend money to draft in alpha, will you just get packs? Or will you get the cards you drafted be in your account?

Deadpool319
06-03-2013, 02:02 PM
Alpha, if it has drafting, won't be for paid packs. Expect it to be very trimmed down, 1v1 PVP only with a select list of cards/pre-constructed decks.

Also, as a reminder to all, if we get Alpha... GIVE FEEDBACK. Every bug or twitch you see you should report. Be good alpha/beta testers, not just "ooh look I get to play the game!"

successfulgeek
06-03-2013, 02:03 PM
Oh I definitely plan on being a good tester and reporting every bug I find and being patient with it. I want to see hex become the best game possible.

TheWrathofShane
06-03-2013, 02:09 PM
Also remember to be patient. Alpha = expect bugs and dont expect solutions overnight, more importantly dont get offended when you find a bug or error.

Xenavire
06-03-2013, 02:48 PM
I wouldn't be so sure, Cory stated he hopes the alpha to be about 3 weeks before beta. Not a large amount will change in that time, so it is entirely possible drafting will be available, but I doubt any charges will apply until sometime during beta.

Expect Alpha to be nearly as out-of-the-box ready as beta will be on the first day - we will have plenty of bugs, but 3 weeks won't be that large of a gap, I can see the number of bugs being discovered will be fairly low (I mean, if you compare it to how beta would be without an 'open alpha'. If this alpha didn't exist, those bugs would be found in beta instead, its just advanced warning really.)

Just look at it as beta+ for people to reserve special names.

MatWith1T
06-03-2013, 03:07 PM
Also, as a reminder to all, if we get Alpha... GIVE FEEDBACK. Every bug or twitch you see you should report. Be good alpha/beta testers, not just "ooh look I get to play the game!"

This.

Tyrfang
06-03-2013, 03:09 PM
Or worse, people who go "Ooh look I get to play the game"
Game crashes
File report
"My game crashed while playing."

:facepalm:

shiningideal
06-03-2013, 03:23 PM
I'm guessing for Alpha we'll be getting some dummied up platinum - as one of the things they'll want a larger test on before beta and handing out our rewards is the market system and other things which you usually need to test larger than just in house. So that may also enable drafts, etc.