PDA

View Full Version : Discussion: Live stream Monday 3rd of June 5pm PST, 8pm EST, 1am BST, 2am CEST

Slish
06-03-2013, 03:14 PM
With the livestream coming in just a few hours I thought I open up a discussion thread about it.
Anyone else stoked and curious about what will be revealed in the upcoming livestream? :D

They have said they will reveal 4 new decks. So should be some interesting card reveals as well then?

dogmod
06-03-2013, 03:16 PM
Another person stok3d about something ;)

Stok3d
06-03-2013, 03:16 PM
Another person stok3d about something ;)

dmnt u guys are too quick... and I see what you did there dogmod ;)

Slish
06-03-2013, 03:18 PM
Adds evil laugh *hehehehehe*

Reijy
06-03-2013, 03:19 PM
Hope there's some shin'hare gameplay, would also be nice to see a few more transforming cards.

Stok3d
06-03-2013, 03:20 PM
I'm hoping he reveals the next Stretch Goals there. Seems like a great opportunity to.

Slish
06-03-2013, 03:21 PM
I'm hoping he reveals the next Stretch Goals there. Seems like a great opportunity to.

Agreed, I doubt the next stretch goals will be reached though, since we have so little time left.

Moondancer
06-03-2013, 03:26 PM
i have little doubt we will break through the last 2 stretch goals the 48 hour notice hasnt even gone out yet.

Xenavire
06-03-2013, 03:30 PM
I want to see diamond and sapphire - we only saw diamond briefly in the inspire humans deck, and we saw a lot of blood wild and ruby.

I sort of hope they go a little crazy with the non-troop cards too, they are rather interesting (most have unique or plain awesome effects).

MatWith1T
06-03-2013, 04:29 PM
Its unlikely, but i would like to hear CZEs thoughts on what real-money redemption would look like given their understanding of the game and the law. I know it is a grey murky area of the legal system, but after developing the game for 2+ years, they must have done enough due diligence to make at least a nonbinding educated guess.

Gwaer
06-03-2013, 05:03 PM
Not going to spoil the next stretch goal on stream =(

Madican
06-03-2013, 05:34 PM
Woo, technical issues. Gonna get a drink.

Lochar
06-03-2013, 05:35 PM
Not gonna happen now. Spoilering decks now instead, it looks like.

Gwaer
06-03-2013, 05:37 PM
I can't help but think that this was someone how Talreth's fault =(

Gwaer
06-03-2013, 05:41 PM
Bah, Stream again tomorrow, same time. =(

DjiN
06-03-2013, 06:10 PM
Really unsure about the game right now. Client looks terrible and sooo many features that aren't implemented yet and that shall be implemented in 6 months? having some serious programming experience I feel these guys really dont know what they are doing. No wonder: its their first online game....

Lochar
06-03-2013, 06:12 PM
Really unsure about the game right now. Client looks terrible and sooo many features that aren't implemented yet and that shall be implemented in 6 months? having some serious programming experience I feel these guys really dont know what they are doing. No wonder: its their first online game....

We've already been told it'd be limited PvE on Beta and we don't know how long Beta will last.

Client looks a little simplistic, but it's fine.

hacky
06-03-2013, 06:12 PM

Someone here doesn't know how software development works.

Gwaer
06-03-2013, 06:13 PM

Honestly, a lot can happen in 6 months in game development, I've alpha/beta tested 4 released MMO's, and am currently alpha testing 2 separate MMO's right now that I'm under an NDA for. They have all kinds of crazy issues just like the ones today, sometimes way worse even up to weeks before release. Thems just the breaks of software development.

Xenavire
06-03-2013, 06:18 PM
Honestly, a lot can happen in 6 months in game development, I've alpha/beta tested 4 released MMO's, and am currently alpha testing 2 separate MMO's right now that I'm under an NDA for. They have all kinds of crazy issues just like the ones today, sometimes way worse even up to weeks before release. Thems just the breaks of software development.

This guy gets it - sometimes you just can't avoid these things.

I mean, take E3 as an example - several different occasions had terrible technical issue - on a world stage, streamed worldwide with hundreds of people witting in the audience. And those are pros who have been at it for years, with numerous games and consoles under their belts. Cut the Hex guys some slack, they have done brilliantly so far.

the_artic_one
06-03-2013, 06:18 PM
That's fine for 6 months, I've seen bigger projects look worse at 1 month. The issues they were having were caused by a bad build which is what happens if you crunch all night before a demo. They probably should have locked it down the day before but it's really tempting to try to get in the awesome new features you're almost done with.

DjiN
06-03-2013, 06:26 PM
I'm not talking about the technical difficulties. I totally understand that. Things like that can happen. I am more concerned with all the features that are not even really thought through. Like the crafting system (I know its just a small thing, but a good example). In the end every part of the game has to feel natural to make for a good, convincing experience. I am not seeing it right now. At least I am not convinced to pledge another tier atm. Was thinking about DC, but now I feel I could just be disappointed to invest so much money beforehand.

Gwaer
06-03-2013, 06:29 PM
Crafting is entirely a bolt on system from the sound of it. You throw in an npc that blows up cards and gives you crap, and another npc that gives you stuff to turn your crap into things, it doesn't interact with any other game system. Why is that important to be integrated before, say, the methods that you get the crap to blow up?

They're obviously working on the meat of the game still, the card interface, after that it's putting in a a point and click travel interface, and then crafting, then finalizing art resources.

Tyrfang
06-03-2013, 06:32 PM
Recipes for new crafted gear comes from loot chests.

Seems like they're working mostly on card/gear art, interface stuff, and champion art.

Art...lots of art.

tgm0112
06-03-2013, 06:57 PM
I was watching the stream. I muted it when they started revealing cards (I'm not a fan of previews unless we get the whole thing) and waited for actual gameplay to pop up.

I am curious, however, of what I might have missed. Any new info besides cards themselves? Do we know how many rares there are in Set I for instance?

Gwaer
06-03-2013, 06:59 PM
My memory only works in conjunction with specific questions, in general, I remember nothing that was said, but as to your specific question, no they didn't mention how many rare cards were in set 1. They did mention the total number of cards in set 1 though.

Aurorah
06-03-2013, 07:15 PM
I'm not talking about the technical difficulties. I totally understand that. Things like that can happen. I am more concerned with all the features that are not even really thought through. Like the crafting system (I know its just a small thing, but a good example). In the end every part of the game has to feel natural to make for a good, convincing experience. I am not seeing it right now. At least I am not convinced to pledge another tier atm. Was thinking about DC, but now I feel I could just be disappointed to invest so much money beforehand.

Crafting was a kickstarter bonus, ofcourse it's not going to be super polished or thought out yet.

DjiN
06-03-2013, 07:19 PM
Crafting was a kickstarter bonus, ofcourse it's not going to be super polished or thought out yet.

Yeah and then we end up with all those things that sound good on paper, but are useless or badly implemented cos of the haste now and a buggy client. I just find the timeframe totally unrealistic when I see the current state.

Gwaer
06-03-2013, 07:25 PM
Yeah and then we end up with all those things that sound good on paper, but are useless or badly implemented cos of the haste now and a buggy client. I just find the timeframe totally unrealistic when I see the current state.
You know the time frame is beta in September + we'd like to launch before 2014, but might be a few months after that, right?

Aurorah
06-03-2013, 07:27 PM

Except for most of things are when they're ready and the things that aren't are at launch, which is still a long way off.

caffn8d
06-03-2013, 08:02 PM
Having worked in all facets of IT over the last 20ish years, I was a little nervous given what I saw from a logistical standpoint. How long was it since this stream was announced, and they were loading up new client builds *as the stream started*? Sure, the game looks fun and the concept is fantastic. Everyone's enthusiasm at CZE is infectious and refreshing. But if someone isn't getting the software sorted before major events (streaming live, or once it goes live... patch day), this is going to be a bumpy ride. Someone better bust ass to make sure things tomorrow go smoothly.

Gwaer
06-03-2013, 08:19 PM
I hope they just stick with what they prepared for today, do some bug checks, and whatnot. The issue was obviously they they tried to get too much into an experimental build. It happens.

DjiN
06-03-2013, 08:38 PM
Having worked in all facets of IT over the last 20ish years, I was a little nervous given what I saw from a logistical standpoint. How long was it since this stream was announced, and they were loading up new client builds *as the stream started*? Sure, the game looks fun and the concept is fantastic. Everyone's enthusiasm at CZE is infectious and refreshing. But if someone isn't getting the software sorted before major events (streaming live, or once it goes live... patch day), this is going to be a bumpy ride. Someone better bust ass to make sure things tomorrow go smoothly.

Just what I felt. You could see their inexperience with software development. Yes Chris Woods is probably genious, but the demands in infrastructure and software for an MMO release are certainly more heavy than what one person can lift.

BlindMan
06-03-2013, 08:41 PM
They said that they were up all night trying to get a bunch of new stuff into the build. They also figured out the problem before the hour was up. They were confident enough to reschedule for tomorrow, after they made sure to give themselves the option to do it later in the week.

I am not concerned.

DjiN
06-03-2013, 08:43 PM
You think that was the only hickup. Ok. Game Developers probably spend years in testing and reiterating their games just because they have unlimited money to spend. Ok.

maniza
06-03-2013, 08:45 PM
they most likely had tested the build and it was working elsewhere. then they install in the computer where the feed was gona take place and the thing does not work. it happens they fixed it and will have a feed tomorrow. if the problems persist then they may need to spend some of the two million they are gonanna raise to get more personal but i think they are good atm.

Travis
06-03-2013, 09:01 PM
Apparently the technical difficulties had no impact on pledges. $3000 short of the high money for a day and well over their record for total number of pledges.

caffn8d
06-03-2013, 09:02 PM
As an IT professional it would be totally unacceptable for me to allow my senior staff to go into a customer presentation (worth potentially thousands of dollars) with demo software on a demo machine I had just finished setting up *without testing* minutes before the big show. Maybe there were crazy extenuating circumstances or something though. Like I said, I guess we'll see tomorrow.

Madican
06-03-2013, 09:04 PM
I'm gonna bet on circumstances considering they've done a live gameplay video before, so it's not like the tech is utterly broken.

DjiN
06-03-2013, 09:04 PM
they most likely had tested the build and it was working elsewhere. then they install in the computer where the feed was gona take place and the thing does not work. it happens they fixed it and will have a feed tomorrow. if the problems persist then they may need to spend some of the two million they are gonanna raise to get more personal but i think they are good atm.

Rofl. What do you think the 2 million $ should be used than? Vacation?

Redbeastmage
06-03-2013, 09:30 PM
QnA was likely more useful then a gameplay stream. Hope to get more Q's answered tommarow. My biggest worry is about when the other 4 races are getting cards.

Skirovik
06-03-2013, 09:34 PM
Yeah unfortunately I had an exam this morning (hopefully I get a job out of it - job based course/exam, not regular schooling/study) so I missed the chance to ask any questions.

Hopefully I'll remember to load up the twitch feed (might have to set an alarm, lol) so I can watch it live instead of a couple hours later.

Also, I live in Aus so the twitch feed was (I believe) shown at either 9am or 10am. Will have to double check that before tomorrow. :p

Atomzed
06-03-2013, 09:39 PM
Missed the stream due to work.

Can someone gives those poor soul a summary of the Q&A session?

Gwaer
06-03-2013, 09:40 PM
The first time world of warcraft streamed blizzcon it was a joke. Hours of downtime, nothing. Same is true for lol championships.

Seriously, this stuff just happens.

caffn8d
06-03-2013, 09:41 PM
Here's the recorded stream.

http://www.twitch.tv/hextcg/b/412300360

Verdant
06-03-2013, 09:44 PM
Same is true for lol championships.
cough EU LCS cough

DjiN
06-03-2013, 09:48 PM
The first time world of warcraft streamed blizzcon it was a joke. Hours of downtime, nothing. Same is true for lol championships.

Seriously, this stuff just happens.

And because even those giant developers fail from time to time you think Chris Woods will carry this TCGMMO ezpz.

RobHaven
06-03-2013, 09:58 PM
Missed the stream due to work.

Can someone gives those poor soul a summary of the Q&A session?

I'm also looking for a QA transcript. I can't check Twitch at work (blocked) and don't have the opportunity to while at home.

tgm0112
06-03-2013, 10:20 PM
My biggest worry is about when the other 4 races are getting cards.

Wait, what? Do you mean when we're going to get previews of the other races' cards?

As far as I know, all races have a Set I base.

Redbeastmage
06-03-2013, 10:50 PM
Wait, what? Do you mean when we're going to get previews of the other races' cards?

They said, unless i completely misunderstood it, that set 1 is going to feature primary support for Human, Orc, Dwarf, and Shin-Hare. Clearly they may have some cards for the others, but not a full "build a coyotle only deck" the way you can go full human deck. It makes sense from a design standpoint to not introduce to many mechanics to the first set, assuming each race has its own theme (inspire/fury+swift/artifacts/swarm+sac)

alpha5099
06-03-2013, 10:54 PM

There'll be cards for all the races, but Set 1 is primarily focused on four races: Humans and Orcs for the Ardent, Dwarves and Shin'hare for the Underground. There will be Elf, Coyotle, Necrotic, and Vennen cards in Set 1, but their mechanics likely won't be as fleshed out as the featured races, and we may not be able to fully run a tribal deck for those races till Set 2 comes out.

Kasyn
06-03-2013, 11:56 PM
On the one hand, alpha, etc. etc. And at least they salvaged things a bit with an impromptu Q&A.

On the other hand, this does give me pause with regards to the professionalism/experience of the developers as it relates to the MMO side. I think they're basically peerless when it comes to the passion and vision and knowledge to make this game great, but you still need to have your ducks in a row from a technical standpoint because $1.8m worth of independent backers do not deserve a shoddy-yet-well-intended product.

Don't count me among the cynics quite yet, but I don't look down on anyone for raising an eyebrow with this one. Cheers to better luck/preparedness in the future.

Patrigan
06-04-2013, 12:20 AM
Both Rapkannibale and myself were up, for us that was 2am in the morning. But we wanted to keep the wiki up to date. Thanks to the many previews we got to do just that. We even added many cards that they didn't preview, with just their name and cost (ex: http://hextcg.gamepedia.com/Captain_of_the_Dragon_Guard ).

This night, however, I doubt we'll be able to do the same again.

So here's a request to you people!
Can you all try and update the wiki with the new information released in the next stream?
hextcg.gamepedia.com

If you want to help, but are unsure how, simply give these two links a quick glimpse:
http://hextcg.gamepedia.com/Help:Contents
and
http://hextcg.gamepedia.com/Help:Style_guide

We're looking for any and all information. Just add it where you see fit. We'll make sure that it fits nicely.

jaxsonbateman
06-04-2013, 12:52 AM
Just to confirm, the repeat stream due to the tech errors will be 5PM PST on Tuesday, correct?

Gwaer
06-04-2013, 01:29 AM
Yes.

Fireblast
06-04-2013, 01:55 AM
New stream is in 16 hours

~

Gen91
06-04-2013, 02:01 AM
New stream is in 16 hours

~

15*