PDA

View Full Version : HEX for tablets

Bossett
06-03-2013, 03:19 PM
So, in preparation, I've been getting all excited about TCGs and picked up MtG Duel of the Planeswalkers on the iPad.

Please, please, please - in the HEX client for iOS, please - make sure I can play with the same cards as on the PC, that it's the same account, that I can play against the same people and that any purchases I make end up available on both platforms.

It's really disheartening to see the MtG client in it's own little iOS game-center ghetto.

Slish
06-03-2013, 03:21 PM
So, in preparation, I've been getting all excited about TCGs and picked up MtG Duel of the Planeswalkers on the iPad.

Please, please, please - in the HEX client for iOS, please - make sure I can play with the same cards as on the PC, that it's the same account, that I can play against the same people and that any purchases I make end up available on both platforms.

It's really disheartening to see the MtG client in it's own little iOS game-center ghetto.

Yes since the KS goal for tablet support has been reached. It will ofcourse be the same game with the same cards on the same account... I couldn't imagine otherwise :/

grey0one
06-03-2013, 03:30 PM
Cory has said that they don't want the play options to varry between platforms. Will the interface be different? As little as they can manage. Will you be exposed to different play types? Nope, you'll draft on Mac, Windows, Adroid, IOS, whatever. That's the plan at least.

TheDiv
06-03-2013, 05:59 PM
The intention is to be completely unified between platforms, at least that's what he implied in the Angry Joe interview.

DjiN
06-03-2013, 06:07 PM
GL trying to deal with this client interface on a tablet.... already feeling with the mobile team.

thetagamma2
06-08-2013, 11:58 AM
I'm just hoping they have an offline mode that includes the AIDA on the tablet app. Sometimes, people have to go to work, and sometimes they don't have anything to do at work other than tweak their decks. Just sayin'.

ConnorJS
06-08-2013, 12:01 PM
I asked in one of the live streams if the mobile version would be a clone of the PC version and he said it would be.

maniza
06-08-2013, 12:42 PM
Shadow era has a realy good example of how they shud do it in terms of how pc and mobile interact. Its the exact same game and it has good touch controls. Se is a realy simple game thou and ui kinda sucks.

Tyrfang
06-08-2013, 12:44 PM
It's basically going to be the same game on iPad or PC, although obviously there will be the adjustment for touch.

Same accounts (you can log in from either iPad or PC). No restrictions on who you play against/with.

nearlysober
06-08-2013, 12:45 PM
They confirmed you will have a single account with access to all your cards regardless of what platform you play on.

All your account info, heroes, collection, etc... it's all stored server side.

madar
06-08-2013, 12:46 PM
in some stream Cory said there is no any offline mode planned, to keep the game integrity

Zomnivore
06-08-2013, 12:51 PM
Seems to want them all pool in the same player base pretty leet.

jetah
06-08-2013, 06:25 PM
I'm not understanding why some people think the tablet will be a different game. Do other TCG have this setup, one game on the pc another on a mobile?

I was under the impression that the game (on pc) would be played on a more mobile platform (tablet) using the same account information.

fido_one
06-08-2013, 06:33 PM
I think the computer vs. ipad relationship will be just like Duels of Champions (well, hopefully a wee bit better interface for the tablets, but I'm sure it's difficult to pull off).

Like or hate DoC, once you figure it out, no issues at all switching from PC to mobile...

Bossett
06-08-2013, 06:40 PM
I think the computer vs. ipad relationship will be just like Duels of Champions (well, hopefully a wee bit better interface for the tablets, but I'm sure it's difficult to pull off).

Like or hate DoC, once you figure it out, no issues at all switching from PC to mobile...

But you can't share cards, unlocks & achieves between PC and iPad.

fido_one
06-08-2013, 06:42 PM
But you can't share cards, unlocks & achieves between PC and iPad.

Edit: Ah wait a second, it seems I misunderstood something. Ignore my points here.

Boozecluez
06-08-2013, 06:52 PM
Looking forward to this ,have played a little bit of dual of champions which is multiplatform so hopefully it expands on this (the pc version has poor resolution due to this etc) Will play mainly on the pc,but it is nice being able to sit on the sofa with the Mrs and have a game too while she watches 'Dance Mom' or something haha.

d00dz
06-08-2013, 06:56 PM
I hope Hex eventually earns as much as this game:

http://venturebeat.com/2013/05/13/puzzle-dragons-is-making-3-75m-a-day/

Its probably not likely but I can dream.

TexArcane
06-08-2013, 08:32 PM
I hope Hex eventually earns as much as this game:

http://venturebeat.com/2013/05/13/puzzle-dragons-is-making-3-75m-a-day/

Its probably not likely but I can dream.

Holy crap! That's insane.

Tyrfang
06-08-2013, 09:17 PM
Holy crap! That's insane.

No, that's Japan.

CH40S
06-08-2013, 11:27 PM
Yeah, I really hope so too.

noisexkillua
06-09-2013, 01:22 AM
I'm excited about the tablet support, I coincidentally own an iPad for research and convenience purposes. At least now it will be of more use to me

MrSeriousBsns
06-09-2013, 03:31 AM
The tablet space was definitely the most exciting stretch goal unlock for me. I seriously doubt I'll play much at all on my tablet, but its great to know Hex will have the opportunity to try to tap into those really lucrative mobile game markets and make those Puzzle & Dragon and Angry Bird numbers.

Well... let's hope they can :)

Malicus
06-09-2013, 04:32 AM
I am just looking forward to being able to mess with my deck when things are quiet at work.

Thallium45
06-09-2013, 04:34 PM
Cory did say it was going to be one account and it seems like it may draw tablet gamers to the PC and vice versa. Either way its positive exposure for CZE
But having games with mobile functionality even as simple as being able to mess with your decks in an in-browser manager any where is just so easy to implement and adds a whole new level of depth, this in turn gives players more reason to play the game on a regular basis.

Bossett
06-09-2013, 04:51 PM
But having games with mobile functionality even as simple as being able to mess with your decks in an in-browser manager any where is just so easy to implement and adds a whole new level of depth, this in turn gives players more reason to play the game on a regular basis.
I really want this to count for my Lotus Gardens - if I can set my homepage to Hex, I'd be logging in every day.

Thallium45
06-09-2013, 10:24 PM
I really want this to count for my Lotus Gardens - if I can set my homepage to Hex, I'd be logging in every day.

thats what i mean, those few who cant log in every day suddenly can if they have a tablet.