PDA

View Full Version : KickStarter - Its a mess. Impossible to support?

Aerensiniac
06-03-2013, 03:23 PM
Thank you for the replies and pointing out that the site itself takes donations too.
Put my 20$ in the hat too.

Moondancer
06-03-2013, 03:25 PM
you can support through pay pal i dont have the link handy but there is paypal support

madcap
06-03-2013, 03:26 PM
You can support with paypal directly.
http://hextcg.com/donate/

Avaian
06-03-2013, 03:26 PM
For Paypal support: http://hextcg.com/donate/

Erebus
06-03-2013, 03:28 PM

As excited as you are you really don't read very well do you?

It's LITEARLLY on the front page of the KS page.

Gwaer
06-03-2013, 03:34 PM

As excited as you are you really don't read very well do you?

It's LITEARLLY on the front page of the KS page.

No reason for being snide.

jeff
06-03-2013, 03:37 PM
What I love most about online communities is how quickly they become adept at rejecting new additions to their ranks :P

dogmod
06-03-2013, 03:37 PM
What I love most about online communities is how quickly they become adept at rejecting new additions to their ranks :P

Says the guy with 1 post... GET OUT OF HERE

Gwaer
06-03-2013, 03:38 PM
Weird, that's what I hate most. I guess the world is made of all sorts.

Erebus
I wouldn't have phrased it the way I had, if it wasn't for the OPs aggressive and inflamatory title and post.

He could have had more tact, but I guess I could have too.

Liokae
No reason for being snide.

The guy is complaining about not being able to donate through paypal when the very first thing on the Kickstarter page below the video is "Want to donate via paypal? Click here" and a massive, gargantuan clickable paypal symbol that takes you to the paypal donation page. There's plenty of reason to be snide, because to get to the forums, register, and post while missing that he's either A: Trolling, or B: The most oblivious person to ever walk the earth.

Gwaer
06-03-2013, 03:40 PM
The guy is complaining about not being able to donate through paypal when the very first thing on the Kickstarter page below the video is "Want to donate via paypal? Click here" and a massive, gargantuan clickable paypal symbol that takes you to the paypal donation page. There's plenty of reason to be snide, because to get to the forums, register, and post while missing that he's either A: Trolling, or B: The most oblivious person to ever walk the earth.

I realize, but we're the forebears of this community, He might have been referred by a friend who just talked it up how awesome it was, and went straight to kickstarter to donate, overly anxious to give us his money is not a bad thing. There's no reason we can't just point him to paypal... In fact several people did before it turned nasty.

Niedar
06-03-2013, 03:41 PM
You trust paypal more than amazon? lol

Erebus
06-03-2013, 03:43 PM
I think there's a big difference between being "upset" and being "nasty".

I found the link right away, and immediately went over to the KS to see if it was there. I saw the giant letters and was upset that this guy is basically finding an excuse to bad-mouth the KS for what amounts to no reason.

I shouldn't have posted, but I did. Apparently I fed the troll, and I don't normally do that. But he has a right to get angry at Cory and this game but I don't have the right to be angry at him?

wallofomens
06-03-2013, 03:47 PM
Ah.. people and their entitlement... Better go make an aggressive thread and complain, instead of doing a minute of researching before that...

Aerensiniac
06-03-2013, 03:52 PM
The guy is complaining about not being able to donate through paypal when the very first thing on the Kickstarter page below the video is "Want to donate via paypal? Click here" and a massive, gargantuan clickable paypal symbol that takes you to the paypal donation page. There's plenty of reason to be snide, because to get to the forums, register, and post while missing that he's either A: Trolling, or B: The most oblivious person to ever walk the earth.Call me oblivious then, but other than the kickstarter clip and angry joe's video about it i didnt read anything on kickstarter. I simply pressed kickstarters support button and expected to be able to donate without any further crap storm.

Never the less, thank you for the link and i did donate.

Aerensiniac
06-03-2013, 03:53 PM
Ah.. people and their entitlement... Better go make an aggressive thread and complain, instead of doing a minute of researching before that...
Believe it or not i spent a half hour on reading shit about why kickstarter does not support paypal and what workarounds there are.

ForgedSol
06-03-2013, 03:53 PM
All that needed to be done in this thread is what madcap did in the second reply. He directed the OP to the paypal link. If it's a troll, then it's a troll and he gets no reaction. If it's someone new that's in need of information, then they have it. There's no loss doing it that way.

There will be more threads with new people asking questions that we've heard plenty of times. The kickstarter is coming to an end and those people won't have as much time to consider which tiers they want to pick and consider how much each tier is worth them, on top of not know how things stack, how Raid Leader works, that dungeons are different than raids, etc. I'd like as many people to join as possible because that's better for all of us.

jeff
06-03-2013, 03:54 PM
Well, welcome to the community. There are all sorts here ;)