PDA

View Full Version : Guild Master Boosters - Take the pledge!

mainstager
06-03-2013, 04:15 PM
As an exercise to build the community for the long term, I'd like to make a suggestion for the Guildmaster Tier and up. For those of you who are so inclined, I am starting this thread to encourage those of us who are fortunate to have extra GM boosters to use them for community building. We all want our friends and loved ones to get excited and join in the fun, right?

Join me in taking a pledge to use our GM boosters the way that CZE suggested - to get others involved in the game.

There are roughly 1125 backers presently who will have access to the extra 90 booster packs from the GM reward tier.

If everyone took CEZ's suggestion to give 30 packs to each of 3 friends, and they all play and enjoy the game, that's another 3,375 players who are playing and building the scope of the game (hopefully with purchases involved so they can make the game that much better)! If they love the game, they will naturally invite others, and the effect can snowball really quickly...and it was all because we made it happen with our GM packs.

Worst case, if they quit, just tell your friends to hook you back up with the cards you gave them. No big deal :)

Obviously, I can't tell you what to do with your hard earned money - this is simply a suggestion, and nobody should feel bad about wanting to keep their 90 boosters. You paid for them!

I'll go first.

mainstager
06-03-2013, 04:16 PM
/signed

hoodieblanket
06-03-2013, 04:20 PM
very cool idea but i assume a lot of people are seeing those 90 extra packs as being 30 free drafts (excluding $1 entry)

Erebus
06-03-2013, 04:20 PM
I was already planning this. I had three friends picked out who I knew wouldn't be able to spend much money on this game.

Badgered
06-03-2013, 04:23 PM
I am using these to get two friends and my fiance into the game.

/signed

mainstager
06-03-2013, 04:23 PM
very cool idea but i assume a lot of people are seeing those 90 extra packs as being 30 free drafts (excluding $1 entry)

And I don't blame them. It's just an idea :)

jai151
06-03-2013, 04:24 PM
I have two sets already set aside for friends, everyone else I told went and pledged already =p

nicosharp
06-03-2013, 04:46 PM
the 90 packs I will use in the community, but will not hand over to uninterested friends. That is what starter decks are for. If they are interested, I can give them anything they need. My packs will be used for guild drafts and guild prizes. I want to promote an active community, not freebies for people that may never log in more than once. Sorry, I know my friends, and some of their attention spans for strategic turn-based games... all my other friends I've already made sure have backed. Cause I want them in on this good deal, and great game concept.

Genocidal
06-03-2013, 08:27 PM
My current plan is to keep a pledge unmerged and untouched that I can use to funnel packs over to any friends I can get interested.

Cotton
06-03-2013, 08:29 PM
I pledged Champion for a friend already, but I approve of this thread.

maniza
06-03-2013, 08:41 PM
i will spread the love but i will give 3 to alot of people and ask them to try out the draft tournament.

Lidralyn
06-03-2013, 08:46 PM
I've got my friends promised 30 free packs as long as they get themselves into beta! the free packs really changed their minds :)

omghex
06-04-2013, 01:01 PM
I plan on using mine to do guild drafts serving two purposes. Free practice for myself and guildmates. Also I plan on donating all the cards cracks in the drafts to the guild itself to help with building test decks.

Tyrfang
06-04-2013, 01:10 PM
Five months later...someone gives 30 packs to one of their friends, and it turns out to be 30 god packs.

Kroan
06-04-2013, 01:12 PM
No beta for friends = no guild boosters for friends

(Alltough I am actually handing out some boosters to friends I convinced to pledge aswell)