PDA

View Full Version : You're Killing My Wallet!

Flaeb
06-03-2013, 06:11 PM
Been a average-below average fan of TCG. By that, I mean I played a few stuff like Magic, Pokemon, and Yugioh growing up, nothing crazy, but had fun like many of you.

Now I see this lovely game here on kickstarter, by god does it have what I want, a MMO community TCG, with lots of social aspects besides "LETS DUEL", and even team work with guilds? Sounds great, but I'm torn.....I want to pledge the 250, I really do. But I recently pledged about 800 dollars into Star Citizen (sorry Charlie, Space Simulator is my weak point), but is it really worth it? The lifetime benefits seem nice, sure, but doesn't take the challenge out of the game? I guess that's hypocritical since if you know the Star Citizen pledges, it has similarities.

I guess the point of this thread is.....I'm being stopped, being held back. Community of Hex, if you will take your time, give me that spark! Tell me why I should do it, I plan on playing Final Fantasy XIV (I know this may be a bad idea mentioning this) pretty often and most of my time may go into that, so maybe going about 50 dollars is rolling around me head and just earn my loot/cards through gameplay.

(Quick question) The loot you get from PvE, can you use it for PvP? Tried to use the search function, but failing.

zaku
06-03-2013, 06:13 PM
In normal PVP formats, you can only play with PVP cards. They are considering doing special PVP formats where everything goes tho.

Gwaer
06-03-2013, 06:14 PM
I did it the other way around, I spent 2k on this one, and 300 on star citizen. =)

RedAntler
06-03-2013, 06:28 PM
There are certain cards that are PvE only

As for how much you should pledge, I can't make the decision for you. Clearly you want to go for a 250 tier but there's also a reason why you're hesitant to pull the trigger.

Weigh the options carefully, make a decision and don't think twice about it. The last thing you want is to regret buying or not buying one, so just make a decision and stick to it!

Also don't forget they're in limited supply and are only up for 3 more days

Willzyx
06-03-2013, 06:29 PM
I started at $35. Then, as my excitement grew, my pledge grew to $120. Then $250.

Now I'm giving $500 to a game I've not played yet. Why? Because I've wanted to commit to MTG/MTGO but I know I could spend way more than $500 and not get a fraction what I could get out of this. Because being there from the beginning of a game as big as Hex could be is a great thing. Because drafting is fun as hell and I could do that over 100 times for a buck per shot with the packs I'll get from pledging--more if I'm good at it. Because we're seeing incredible talent, vision, and passion in action and we get to help it happen.

If you can afford to, I can see no good reason to not get behind hex full-on.

Flaeb
06-03-2013, 06:32 PM
I started at $35. Then, as my excitement grew, my pledge grew to $120. Then $250.

Now I'm giving $500 to a game I've not played yet. Why? Because I've wanted to commit to MTG/MTGO but I know I could spend way more than $500 and not get a fraction what I could get out of this. Because being there from the beginning of a game as big as Hex could be is a great thing. Because drafting is fun as hell and I could do that over 100 times for a buck per shot with the packs I'll get from pledging--more if I'm good at it. Because we're seeing incredible talent, vision, and passion in action and we get to help it happen.

If you can afford to, I can see no good reason to not get behind hex full-on.

Valid points my friend, if you can send me a link or explain to me what this "draft" system is? I am seeing people use it, but I'm not quite understanding it, what exactly is draft, and why should I be excited for it? Cheers.

Zomnivore
06-03-2013, 06:34 PM
I'd planned on 125, but it seems like I can at the very least make my money back on collector tier, the pro player would've been a no brainer, its basically infinite free cards.

I think collector's extra pve exclusive card makes it a decent pve bonus with a side pvp bonus with the yearly feature cards. Which is what won me over from DC or RL, although I think those are just fine.

@ Flaeb

You purchase booster packs, and in a draft you open three of them+ a small fee, you get to keep what you pick, and if you win you get more packs.

This can basically pay for itself because the rewards at the high end can pay for the entry fee+ booster fee if you win consistently.

More packs come out then go in etc.

You can use your kickstarter booster packs to play in drafts.

wallofomens
06-03-2013, 06:37 PM
Valid points my friend, if you can send me a link or explain to me what this "draft" system is? I am seeing people use it, but I'm not quite understanding it, what exactly is draft, and why should I be excited for it? Cheers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjZmfPzXUxk

This briefly explains what drafting is. If you have any follow up questions, let me know!

Mr.Funsocks
06-03-2013, 06:39 PM
Drafting is a tournament style common to TCGs where everyone buys 3 15 card booster packs, you all sit down, open 1, pick 1 card, and pass it to the right, and then everyone picks 1 card from that pack, and you pass them all around until everyone has 45 cards. Then you make a deck out of those, and play a tournament.

Flaeb
06-03-2013, 06:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjZmfPzXUxk

This briefly explains what drafting is. If you have any follow up questions, let me know!

Wonderful, do you have a guild or community available? I appreciate stuff like this.

wallofomens
06-03-2013, 06:45 PM
Wonderful, do you have a guild or community available? I appreciate stuff like this.

Well, I only have my youtube channel as a community to offer, I'm currently not planning on being in a guild. But there seem to be several decent ones forming already. Some people have their guild names in their signature, so you should ask them about joining. :)

Flaeb
06-03-2013, 08:01 PM
To hell with it, I got the collectors. I'm not that good with TCG, I'll get better in time I'm sure, but with collectors, I can have rare cards and maybe sell them someday.