PDA

View Full Version : Cory! Please do not beat your minions until after the project is complete!

Gwaer
06-03-2013, 06:23 PM
I know there have been setbacks, just take a deep breath. Do not kill those responsible until the project is completed! Just pat them on the head, tell them they're doing great, and mark another X in the book of retribution when they aren't looking.

Cory_Jones
06-03-2013, 06:36 PM
Usually its me trying to stop the team from beating themselves up, everyone here has the perfectionist gene, sometimes things don’t work, so you take a step back fix it and move on, I try and create a “zero negativity footprint” :)

Gwaer
06-03-2013, 06:38 PM
Usually its me trying to stop the team from beating themselves up, everyone here has the perfectionist gene, sometimes things don’t work, so you take a step back fix it and move on, I try and create a “zero negativity footprint” :)

I'll see you guys on stream tomorrow, keep up the good work as far as I'm concerned.

tgm0112
06-03-2013, 06:42 PM

Remind them of our unwavering support. This just happens. A little sad it didn't work out (actually gathered a few non-contributors to watch), but it's to be expected at pre-alpha.

I'd rather a good final product than too many resources devoted to the demo trap.

You guys rock!

Sithos
06-03-2013, 06:55 PM
Honestly the fact that by the end of the stream they had isolated the issue and knew they could be back tomorrow, completely negated the fact that it didn't work today for me. Had it been a "well maybe friday or next week" scenario, I'd have lost about 5% of my faith.

Qorsair
06-03-2013, 07:03 PM
I think it was great for everyone to see the team working together in spite of the problems, and how well everything was handled. I know one of my friends watching commented about how passionate everyone was about the game. It really makes us feel like you're fans right alongside us, and we want to see you succeed.

Ch33ky
06-03-2013, 08:17 PM
I was a LoL beta tester and remember thinking the game would never make it. Boy was I wrong! It is now the most popular game out there.

Also alpha tested natural selection 2, which was pretty much unplayable. Then a few months later the release comes out and it's super polished.

The thing about these games was the IDEA behind them was sound, both taking on new genres (moba, rts/fps) and creating really amazing gameplay.

This is now what is happening with Hex and with patience we will be rewarded. The IDEA of the game is sound and is taking on a new genre (mmotcg).

The technology will come around, it's the idea and the community backing it that's the real important thing happening here.

maniza
06-03-2013, 08:39 PM
man as far as i am concerned the video was great. lots of new info and we got to see some intresting new cards. plus we get the feed tomorrow so that is still awsome. as far as polish they still have time to make the ui clean and get everything working i hope they make it in time for alpha.

DjiN
06-03-2013, 08:40 PM
people are so easy to get enthusiastic. I should start a kickstarter.

Tathel
06-03-2013, 08:42 PM
I think anyone involved or with an understanding of software development understands that these things happen, Especially in alpha.
If there weren't Issues like this then the game would already be in beta ^_^.

There are so many factors when you bring in networking. You can think everything is fine in your test and then the smallest change in procedure ends up exposing a huge error. Luckily It sounds like the issue is quickly fixable so we can see the cool stuff without a huge wait.

Tathel
06-03-2013, 08:44 PM
people are so easy to get enthusiastic. I should start a kickstarter.

If your product is feasible, you look to be capable of implementing it, it interests me, and your reward tiers are awesome; I'll totally back you =P

Skirovik
06-03-2013, 08:44 PM
I really enjoyed the Q&A going on in that video. It was a nice chance to talk directly to those responsible for certain parts of the game. Always nice to have that kind of interaction (especially when you've put $500 into an as yet unreleased game, lol). :D

Would love to see some more interaction in tomorrows stream alongside the gameplay etc. Understandably there won't be time for as MUCH, but still.

DjiN
06-03-2013, 08:47 PM
Well the cool stuff being some more magic-esque decks. I actually like that they choose the magic system as a basis, but I would rather like to see some of the PvE MMO stuff, which is the innovative thing about this game but hasn't been shown in any form so far. We know PvP will function and be probably alot of fun already.

DjiN
06-03-2013, 08:49 PM
I really enjoyed the Q&A going on in that video. It was a nice chance to talk directly to those responsible for certain parts of the game. Always nice to have that kind of interaction (especially when you've put $500 into an as yet unreleased game, lol). :D

Would love to see some more interaction in tomorrows stream alongside the gameplay etc. Understandably there won't be time for as MUCH, but still.

Give me 2 million$ and I do a 10 hour Q&A about my game.

Skirovik
06-03-2013, 08:57 PM
Give me 2 million$ and I do a 10 hour Q&A about my game.

Lol, only if you do all the other work leading up to that! :D

i.e. videos, articles, awesome KS perks etc

DjiN
06-03-2013, 09:02 PM
If your product is feasible, you look to be capable of implementing it, it interests me, and your reward tiers are awesome; I'll totally back you =P

Lol, only if you do all the other work leading up to that! :D

i.e. videos, articles, awesome KS perks etc

Got to backers already, whos next? ^^

Zarien
06-03-2013, 09:24 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed the Q&A Session. It answered a lot of questions people wanted to know without eating into any of the time you guys wanted to put towards the demo. It was like getting a piece of the cake and knowing I get to eat the rest of the cake tomorrow.

Black_Omega
06-03-2013, 09:29 PM

You guys are all fantastic! Keep up the great work. Technology doesn't always work the way you want it to. Glad you guys figured out the issue quickly. You have a great team!

MastrFett
06-03-2013, 09:33 PM
Today's stream was fun. And seeing the cards previewed in the decks makes me that much more excited to see them in play tomorrow. Good job guys, keep up the good work!

Patrigan
06-03-2013, 11:44 PM
Both Rapkannibale and myself were up, for us that was 2am in the morning. But we wanted to keep the wiki up to date.

This night, however, I doubt we'll do the same again.

So here's a request to you people!
Can you all try and update the wiki with the new information released in the next stream?
hextcg.gamepedia.com

If you want to help, but are unsure how, simply give these two links a quick glimpse:
http://hextcg.gamepedia.com/Help:Contents
and
http://hextcg.gamepedia.com/Help:Style_guide

We're looking for any and all information. Just add it where you see fit. We'll make sure that it fits nicely.

Fireblast
06-04-2013, 02:30 AM
I'm glad I didnt stay up till 3AM for the stream and that I watched it 4 hours ago.

In France we have a saying : "Better is good's enemy", don't deploy during a livestream :D

Anyway, good work, keep it up and see you tonight

~

jaxsonbateman
06-04-2013, 02:34 AM
I'll be watching from Australia tomorrow morning. And I'll be bringing nitty gritty questions, mwahaha. >:-3