PDA

View Full Version : RE Steam Support

Cornholio666
06-03-2013, 06:45 PM
I received this answer from Crypto in an email 5/18:

"We currently arenít planning on a Steam launch, but we are working to allow players to hook HEX into Steam so their friends can see them online"

Kietay
06-03-2013, 07:29 PM
If they did a steam launch this game would have hundreds of thousands of players in a few months.

stephenhii
06-03-2013, 07:34 PM
That is really smart.

Clawdius
06-03-2013, 07:57 PM
Well, you can tie any game into Steam and it will show it to your friends list. A friend used to rename files and associate them with Steam as a non steam game, so it would say in-game Studying or in-game Sleeping or whatever. Some don't work well with the Steam overlay, so that is what I assume they must mean.

Genocidal
06-03-2013, 09:34 PM
I received this answer from Crypto in an email 5/18:

"We currently aren’t planning on a Steam launch, but we are working to allow players to hook HEX into Steam so their friends can see them online"

Pretty disappointing, they're missing out on a HUGE potential market there.

hoodieblanket
06-03-2013, 09:57 PM
Pretty disappointing, they're missing out on a HUGE potential market there.

steamdaddy will need to be paid a fraction of it. A lot of companies want to keep it to their own client as they only have their own costs and profits. If they released to steam they will have to pay the increase in server space as well as pay off steam etc.

Derium
06-03-2013, 10:00 PM
steamdaddy will need to be paid a fraction of it. A lot of companies want to keep it to their own client as they only have their own costs and profits. If they released to steam they will have to pay the increase in server space as well as pay off steam etc.

Just by the sheer number of people Steam brings. It might be worth it.

... Then again, if it's free to play, that wouldn't put a spotlight on it. No crazy sales to boost it to the front page for the major bumps.

Genocidal
06-03-2013, 10:08 PM
Just by the sheer number of people Steam brings. It might be worth it.

... Then again, if it's free to play, that wouldn't put a spotlight on it. No crazy sales to boost it to the front page for the major bumps.

I definitely think it would be worth it on sheer numbers alone. Even if they're losing that 30% cut that Valve allegedly takes, it's not like they have any physical manufacturing costs for the product. Plus, a lot of the F2P games putting random bundles on sale from time to time during Steam's daily/weekend deals. Hex could put starter decks/fat packs/partial booster boxes on sale for 25% off and make a killing.

Derium
06-03-2013, 10:11 PM
I definitely think it would be worth it on sheer numbers alone. Even if they're losing that 30% cut that Valve allegedly takes, it's not like they have any physical manufacturing costs for the product. Plus, a lot of the F2P games putting random bundles on sale from time to time during Steam's daily/weekend deals. Hex could put starter decks/fat packs/partial booster boxes on sale for 25% off and make a killing.

True... I wonder if Crypto put thought into it then turned it down, or if they just decided they wanted t go at it alone and didn't weight out the steam option.

ShadowIronblood
06-03-2013, 10:20 PM
not true about it not being front page news, Marvel heros was front page for its final open beta weekend. Plus with steams new (in the works) subscription service they could have their VIP program there and than the Boosters and theme decks on their store page for the game on steam

ShadowIronblood
06-03-2013, 10:23 PM
sorry to double post but i think CZ is just more focused on getting the game to us than all the extra stuff. Plus Cory isnt looking into doing much of the things that'll get them into any legal work, with them hoping to do cash money tournaments maybe steam wont let them have a game on their service that allows such play. There has to be more to it than meets the eye, as much as ill love some hex achievements i just want to enjoy the game and get to playing it.

Genocidal
06-03-2013, 10:40 PM
sorry to double post but i think CZ is just more focused on getting the game to us than all the extra stuff. Plus Cory isnt looking into doing much of the things that'll get them into any legal work, with them hoping to do cash money tournaments maybe steam wont let them have a game on their service that allows such play.You know, that's a good point that I hadn't considered. I'd say that's very likely.
There has to be more to it than meets the eye, as much as ill love some hex achievements i just want to enjoy the game and get to playing it.Agreed!