PDA

View Full Version : Have a deck with troops from different factions

larryhl
06-03-2013, 06:54 PM
As the title says, is it possible to have a deck with troops from different factions? Like, Shin'Hare and Orcs for example.

Gwaer
06-03-2013, 06:57 PM
No idea. They also said they weren't sure if heroes from different factions could raid together in the stream today. *shrug*

Sithos
06-03-2013, 07:08 PM
My understanding is that when you go through a dungeon, picking a side nets you cards based on that choice. So you would not have the cards from opposing factions. They have said it will be "impossible" to get all PVE cards on one account. The question that then arises, is if you re-do the dungeon and make alternate choices, leading to the other factions cards, if you can then blend them.

larryhl
06-03-2013, 07:11 PM
My understanding is that when you go through a dungeon, picking a side nets you cards based on that choice. So you would not have the cards from opposing factions. They have said it will be "impossible" to get all PVE cards on one account. The question that then arises, is if you re-do the dungeon and make alternate choices, leading to the other factions cards, if you can then blend them.

Ruh roh...impossible to get all PvE cards on one account? This makes me definitely want to keep my two tiers separate then...

Gwaer
06-03-2013, 07:15 PM
The impossible to get all cards is referring to a specific set of cards in a specific dungeon. They have said you can redo dungeons ad make different choices and get different stuff and keep all the stuff from the previous run. So that isn't the issue. You could make an ardent and underworld guy and get all the stuff. And you should be able to house them both in your keep. So. I can't see how they can't let people raid together regardless of faction =\ if both dungeon favors (ardent and underworld) lead to the same raid encounter

That still doesn't tell us of we can mix the factions into a single deck though.

larryhl
06-03-2013, 07:16 PM
Ah, thanks for that clarification.

Aurorah
06-03-2013, 07:42 PM
No idea. They also said they weren't sure if heroes from different factions could raid together in the stream today. *shrug*

That was because neither of the two work on the PvE side of thing.

As the title says, is it possible to have a deck with troops from different factions? Like, Shin'Hare and Orcs for example.

Possible? I'd assume so. But the question is more likely can I make a deck that support using both of the factions together? I know from previews/comments Shin'Hares are Blood/Wild, Orcs are Ruby, Dwarves are Sapphire/Ruby, Humans are Sapphire/Ruby/Diamond, ect,ect.

Mr.Funsocks
06-03-2013, 07:47 PM
No, even if you redo dungeons, there will be cards you literally are not allowed to own on an account if you own another card. That means even if you have a 2nd account, you cannot trade that card to your other account that has the opposing one.

Aurorah
06-03-2013, 07:53 PM
No, even if you redo dungeons, there will be cards you literally are not allowed to own on an account if you own another card. That means even if you have a 2nd account, you cannot trade that card to your other account that has the opposing one. Links to where you read/heard this because I really doubt that.

Pretty much what I've heard is that you when you play some dungeons your forced to make a choice on what to do, which decides what type of rewards you can get during that run through but on another play-through you can do other things which changes what you can get.

Mr.Funsocks
06-03-2013, 07:58 PM
I believe the first stream? I can't remember exactly. It was talking about squirrels and dinosaurs in an arena. There won't be MANY cards like that from the sounds of it, but there may be some.

Grissnap
06-03-2013, 07:59 PM
Its the Geek Allstars stream where Cory says that.

Turtlewing
06-03-2013, 07:59 PM
Links to where you read/heard this because I really doubt that.

Pretty much what I've heard is that you when you play some dungeons your forced to make a choice on what to do, which decides what type of rewards you can get during that run through but on another play-through you can do other things which changes what you can get.

I think they're talking about the cards you get by having high standing with npc factions. These cards probably aren't tradable but instead behave like the cards you can use from set bonuses from gear (you can use them as long as you meet the requirements). Since some factions are mutually exclusive, you can only unlock a subset of those cards.

RuthlessSqueak
06-03-2013, 08:01 PM
From Exclamation Points and Question Marks (http://hextcg.com/exclamation-points-and-question-marks/)

Then there are the Hired Horns, a band of mercenary minotaurs, and The Ashen, a network of gargoyle spies. At one point in your journeys, you will be offered the chance to join one of these organizations. But do not make your choice lightly, because the two groups are despised enemies, and once you join one, you can never gain reputation with the other on the same character.

The most exciting part about earning an illustrious reputation with these organizations is that your success in helping them with their agendas will allow you to score unique PVE cards that you cannot get anywhere else in the game!

This basically suggests that:
1. At least two "neutral" factions are oppositional, you can join either one but not both
2. Completing quests/raids/dungeons that earn you reputation with those factions unlocks PVE cards
3. Those PVE cards aren't obtainable anywhere else (such as the auction house, though this may be over assuming)

Mr.Funsocks
06-03-2013, 08:03 PM
Yes, opposing faction cards were another example.

Turtlewing
06-03-2013, 08:09 PM
once you join one, you can never gain reputation with the other on the same character

Though, you can have more than one character per account. So that's not quite what everyone is talking about regarding not being able to have all cards on one account.

marsellus27
06-03-2013, 08:13 PM
Its the Geek Allstars stream where Cory says that.

I believe this is correct. Unfortunately, their direct download link doesn't seem to work today but if you have iTunes you can get it there.
Specifically, Cory says the first Arena season will be dinosaurs vs Giant Squirrels. You can only get the final prize for one faction on an account.

Aurorah
06-03-2013, 08:19 PM
That's silly then it just becomes which card is more OP? Instead of I liked this faction I want to play with them. ;;

Qorsair
06-03-2013, 08:43 PM
That's silly then it just becomes which card is more OP? Instead of I liked this faction I want to play with them. ;;

Unless they have the same effect and just a different name & art.

SomeoneRandom
06-03-2013, 09:00 PM
Links to where you read/heard this because I really doubt that.

He said it in his interview with Angry Joe. His example was that there is a dungeon that is basically an arena of Giant Squirrels VS Dinosaurs. In this dungeon you have to ally yourself with one faction and in the end you get a card that depicts the ultimate fighter from that faction and if you own that card you can NEVER attain a copy of the other card. I assume this would never be a pvp card and be strictly pvp, but the example was awesome because it is a choice that affects you forever. He also mentioned that each year the two competing teams will change and you would be able to do it again with another new faction rending you unable to gain the previous years cards.