PDA

View Full Version : Thank you tax payers!

TheWrathofShane
06-03-2013, 07:37 PM
I am legally disabled and I am using my disability money to get the Champion Tier. (Cant really afford king)
Thank you so much hard working taxpayers so a disabled person as myself can play hex <3

Flaeb
06-03-2013, 07:50 PM
I see flamers coming in, but I would rather work my butt off then be disabled to do many things for life. In other words, my pleasure and more, enjoy what you can have my friend. :)

Clawdius
06-03-2013, 07:54 PM
Heh, used to know a guy who was a staunch republican, die hard anti-immigration, anti welfare, anti foodstamps, swore up and down that unemployed people would face jail time under Obamacare... He was on social security disability, at 24, for his manic depression.

TheWrathofShane
06-03-2013, 07:56 PM
Heh, used to know a guy who was a staunch republican, die hard anti-immigration, anti welfare, anti foodstamps, swore up and down that unemployed people would face jail time under Obamacare... He was on social security disability, at 24, for his manic depression.

Lol yeah I am a right wing conservative too. Most of the time when people have that attitude they are not talking about the legally disabled.

Seriously, if you just made SSI / SSDI disappear, the homeless persons would like triple and everyone else would end up paying for it anyways. I didn't choose to be born with a disability :/

Stok3d
06-03-2013, 07:57 PM
No problem. If you're a veteran i go as far as thanking you instead.

TheWrathofShane
06-03-2013, 07:59 PM
No problem. If you're a veteran i go as far as thanking you instead.

Yeah special thanks to all our vets. I was going to join the military at 18, then I figured out I was schizophrenic and had to be committed for a year :*(

BlindMan
06-03-2013, 08:01 PM
I'm in support of the social safety net, and I also clearly believe this game is quality entertainment. Enjoy.

TheWrathofShane
06-03-2013, 08:05 PM
I'm in support of the social safety net, and I also clearly believe this game is quality entertainment. Enjoy.

Thanks! :)

Flaeb
06-03-2013, 08:06 PM
Disregard the beginning of my first post, I am very impressed with the community here.

omghex
06-03-2013, 08:09 PM
You're welcome, enjoy the game :). I have no problem with my tax dollars going to help those that truly need it, and if it allows them to have a little bit of a good time in addition to everything else, so much the better.

TheWrathofShane
06-03-2013, 08:09 PM
For anyone interested I make 8,400 a year (or 700 a month), and in a special program so I can live on my own with reduced rent!
Its good to know where your tax dollars are going and the system does work (at least for me), I am very grateful.

TheWrathofShane
06-03-2013, 08:10 PM
You're welcome, enjoy the game :). I have no problem with my tax dollars going to help those that truly need it, and if it allows them to have a little bit of a good time in addition to everything else, so much the better.

Oh dude my quality of life is soo much better thanks to the wonderful blessing of SSI/SSDI, I would literally be homeless and unable to support myself if it wasn't for kind / caring people like yourself.

caffn8d
06-03-2013, 08:10 PM
Enjoy what you can in life and don't be a dick. Pretty much my motto, so enjoy!

Hieronymous
06-03-2013, 08:12 PM
Awesome. This country should do as much as we can to ensure a pleasant life for people with disabilities. Y'all have enough problems as it is.

TheWrathofShane
06-03-2013, 08:15 PM
Awesome. This country should do as much as we can to ensure a pleasant life for people with disabilities. Y'all have enough problems as it is.

Yeah I am extremely grateful, thanks so much.

Madican
Yeah special thanks to all our vets. I was going to join the military at 18, then I figured out I was schizophrenic and had to be committed for a year :*(

With the "quality" of mental "hospitals" I think you've earned a bit of luxury.

tgm0112
Disregard the beginning of my first post, I am very impressed with the community here.

Seriously! Differing political views without an outpour of vitriol? You guys are really something.

As for Shane, looking forward to kicking your disabled butt up and down the gameboards, just like everybody else. ;)

TheWrathofShane
Seriously! Differing political views without an outpour of vitriol? You guys are really something.

As for Shane, looking forward to kicking your disabled butt up and down the gameboards, just like everyone else. ;)

Hehe you can try! :P

TheWrathofShane
06-03-2013, 08:16 PM
With the "quality" of mental "hospitals" I think you've earned a bit of luxury.

Oh yeah dude no joke :O

Xenavire
06-03-2013, 08:17 PM
Having been legally depressed for a decent chunk of my past, I am especially happy for this sort of program - it helped me recover, and only through poor timing and some bad luck am I now out of a job (economy crisis here, doesn't help). I can't see why anyone would complain about these programs - you never know what might happen to you. The sad fact is, there have been people paralyzed in accidents with drunk drivers, and worse - not to mention people born with these conditions... Pretty much, if a single person complains, they are pretty sad.

I fully support everyone who has a disability, and wish you happiness and health!

Oh, and it has been mentioned, no mercy! (This is cards, its serious business. Really. Not joking, I swear. Please, stop laughing now.)

omghex
06-03-2013, 08:29 PM
Oh dude my quality of life is soo much better thanks to the wonderful blessing of SSI/SSDI, I would literally be homeless and unable to support myself if it wasn't for kind / caring people like yourself.

It's just common decency. I used to be very much against such programs because of the abuses that occur. Then I realized that killing the program essentially just to spite the abusers of the program would result in destroying the lives of people that actually need it, and that's unacceptable in a civilized society. In the end, it's worth suffering the people that abuse the system, to make sure the ones that need it, like yourself, can get by. These days, almost everybody's just trying to get by.

TheWrathofShane
06-03-2013, 08:32 PM
Amen! Thanks for the support guys, appreciated.

TheWrathofShane
06-03-2013, 08:33 PM
Oh, and it has been mentioned, no mercy! (This is cards, its serious business. Really. Not joking, I swear. Please, stop laughing now.)

Oh man there is a card like "No Mercy"???

Whhhaaaat!!! Hex just got more awesome for control players :D

Masquerade
06-03-2013, 08:34 PM
Is it bad that I think this is a worthy cause. XD

Or maybe I'm reading a troll post the wrong way.

To be honest though, this is much better than a lot of what our tax payer dollars go to.

Brumby66
06-03-2013, 08:39 PM
The way this was worded seemed to ask for flaming lol. I'm fine with tax money going to hex. The reason is that video games can be a nice escape from reality, especially when disabled. You can enter a world where you are not immediately judged and are able to make friends. MMO's can be amazing therapy. Best of luck to you.

TheWrathofShane
06-03-2013, 09:06 PM
The way this was worded seemed to ask for flaming lol. I'm fine with tax money going to hex. The reason is that video games can be a nice escape from reality, especially when disabled. You can enter a world where you are not immediately judged and are able to make friends. MMO's can be amazing therapy. Best of luck to you.

Bingo dude! I feel that video games and internet greatly help me with my disability.

theradol
06-03-2013, 09:11 PM
You know, I'm glad you get to play and sorry you can't afford higher. But glad you get to afford a decent tier.

I couldn't be happier then to hear of tax dollars for stuff like this.

Kasyn
06-03-2013, 09:16 PM
I have no issue at all with what the OP is doing.

Making a humblebrag topic about it, however. Not too classy.

TheWrathofShane
06-03-2013, 09:20 PM
I have no issue at all with what the OP is doing.

Making a humblebrag topic about it, however. Not too classy.

Stay classy san diego

TheWrathofShane
06-03-2013, 09:29 PM
Im going to try hard to get king though :D
Hmmmm Might have to eat noodles for a few days to compensate!

Badgered
06-03-2013, 09:40 PM
As a social democrat, you're welcome. I'm glad we still have a functioning social safety net despite the best efforts of some folks to undermine it.

I look forward to crushing you in the alpha. :)

yovalord
06-04-2013, 12:03 AM
As a gas station employee~ The things i see "Disabled" people get away with is pretty disheartening, and you only really realise it if you see it first hand every day. Food stamps are definitely the most abused system i see. It seems just about everybody without a job gets them, whether they are looking for jobs or not. It has become the norm for kids of age 18 to apply for them and just load up on snacks/soda while living with their parents. And drug users selling their foodstamp/ebt card $ for much less actual cash to buy more drugs. Also there is a man that comes in every day, who is "Disabled" because his hands hurt... he makes us go outside and pump the gas for him... and then he tells us about his PROFESSIONAL POOL tournaments he goes to every week. If you can hold a pool stick, you can pump your gas... And don't get me wrong, i understand the system really does help people in need, it also helps those who absolutely don't need it and gets abused. My general opinion is that the requirements to actually get disability benefits need to be much more strict.

In your case, im cool with you spending a bit of it on luxury, you're not going all out or anything. If you told me you were buying anything higher than the king tier with your disability check i would be annoyed.

djlowballer
06-04-2013, 12:08 AM
Its all good. I left the US and changed citizenships so I am not fronting your entertainment bills so have fun.

Gwaer
06-04-2013, 12:09 AM
...My wife has RA, she gets the same kind of treatment from people, saying to suck it up, it can't hurt that bad, she can't pump gas some days either. I'm not sure if you're aware of this but grasping a gas nozzle and squeezing it is much much harder than holding a light piece of wood that weighs less than a pound. It's pretty disgusting honestly when someone judges people like this. You think someone wastes a ton of time to go into a gas station, and have someone help them just for fun? Him pumping his own gas wouldn't make him lose his disability payments. You think big brother is watching him to slip up and fill up his own tank?

djlowballer
06-04-2013, 12:12 AM
I would say that gripping a steering wheel requires about as much pressure as pumping gas though.

Gwaer
06-04-2013, 12:17 AM
I would say that gripping a steering wheel requires about as much pressure as pumping gas though.
Nowhere near. In fact I personally rarely grip the steering wheel at all, and just slide my fingers through the opening in it and rest them, or palm the wheel. Unless the guy is driving a car without power steering.

djlowballer
06-04-2013, 12:18 AM
That sounds terribly unsafe.

Gwaer
06-04-2013, 12:20 AM
That sounds terribly unsafe.
Mayhaps, doesn't change the fact that power steering makes gripping not only easier but unnecessary. There are also all manner of driving aids for steering/gear shifting/ even using the gas and brakes if you have foot disabilities.