PDA

View Full Version : dungeon crawler tier worth the extra 130$ ?

tacospag
06-03-2013, 07:38 PM
Do you think the 100% bonus to drop will be worth it in the long run?

Daer
06-03-2013, 07:40 PM
yes

Stok3d
06-03-2013, 07:40 PM
yes

Tyrfang
06-03-2013, 07:41 PM
...the year of drafts is worth it. :)

incitfulmonk21
06-03-2013, 07:41 PM
The 45 free cards a week from the newest sets for a year alone make it worth the extra $130.

tacospag
06-03-2013, 07:45 PM
what bout compared to the guild master? is the 100% boost worth more than 90 packs?

Cotton
06-03-2013, 07:47 PM
It's gonna be a huge cry fest once people find out that the free drafts will be 2x 1x of the new set then 1x1x1x of the 3rd set. Count on it..

Turtlewing
06-03-2013, 07:49 PM
Do you think the 100% bonus to drop will be worth it in the long run?
Yes

what bout compared to the guild master? is the 100% boost worth more than 90 packs?
Yes

The only way dungeon crawler is a bad value is if you don't run dungeons.

BlindMan
It's gonna be a huge cry fest once people find out that the free drafts will be 2x 1x of the new set then 1x1x1x of the 3rd set. Count on it..

It's a bummer for anyone who's just grabbing up extra cards from the new sets. For anyone planning to draft with all their set 1 packs, it could help out a lot.

DjiN
The 100% extra loot is only for Dungeons though, right? Not for the raids? So its only singleplayer benefit?

incitfulmonk21
06-03-2013, 07:50 PM
I guess it depends on how much you plan to play, but personally I (and from the different amount of the available tiers left) quite a few people believe the increase in drop rate is better then the extra 90 packs.

Digital_Aether
06-03-2013, 07:50 PM
The 100% extra loot is only for Dungeons though, right? Not for the raids? So its only singleplayer benefit?

Right. It only applies to single player dungeon bosses. It's the biggest of loot for single player content.

incitfulmonk21
06-03-2013, 07:53 PM

Yes only dungeon bosses and mini bosses. Raid bosses do not drop bonus loot.

paulcoyotle
06-03-2013, 07:57 PM
Yes, Its worth it. If you plan to play dungeons and PvE content.

Cotton
06-03-2013, 08:02 PM
Dungeons can be run unlimited times, so ill only have to run the dungeon twice and get the same loot. Ill stick with my collectors tyvm

Flaeb
06-03-2013, 08:03 PM
Dungeons can be run unlimited times, so ill only have to run the dungeon twice and get the same loot. Ill stick with my collectors tyvm

SHHH, Collector is the WORSE ONE -nudge- -wink-

Diesbudt
06-03-2013, 08:08 PM
I have been thinking of uping King --> Dungeon crawler, or just getting a dungeon crawler added on, but I just cannot convince myself to jump off that ledge yet.

LordRaven
06-03-2013, 08:19 PM
Simple math, the 52 free booster drafts are worth (retail, anyway) $364. (3 packs @ $2 + $1 entry = $7 x 52 = $364) So yes, it is easily worth another $130 over King.

Qorsair
06-03-2013, 08:26 PM
I have been thinking of uping King --> Dungeon crawler, or just getting a dungeon crawler added on, but I just cannot convince myself to jump off that ledge yet.

Better convince yourself soon, there's less than 240 left, and they haven't updated that total with PayPal numbers for quite a while. Could be gone by this time tomorrow.

keldrin
06-04-2013, 01:55 AM
Do you feel adding a King tier to the DC tier is worth it to gain access to the extra bonus cards?
(I'm kinda thinking already getting 150 boosters may mean, not needing any extra of set 1, except for potential trade stock. and has been pointed out, there's a ton of Set 1 being generated just from kickstarter, so questionable how many of them will actually be decent for eventual trades trades)

TheDiv
06-04-2013, 02:07 AM
Do you feel adding a King tier to the DC tier is worth it to gain access to the extra bonus cards?
(I'm kinda thinking already getting 150 boosters may mean, not needing any extra of set 1, except for potential trade stock. and has been pointed out, there's a ton of Set 1 being generated just from kickstarter, so questionable how many of them will actually be decent for eventual trades trades)

If you want a full playset (4 of each card) of the Kickstarter PvE exclusives and don't want to trade for them, then yes, it's worth it in my opinion. Plus you'll get an extra Spectral Lotus and more packs and more free drafts etc.

ForgedSol
06-04-2013, 02:08 AM

Will you be doing any drafts? More boosters will always help. And whether you do expect to draft or not, if you don't mind holding on to some, people will need Set 1 boosters to draft with when Set 2 and Set 3 come out.

TheWrathofShane
06-04-2013, 02:14 AM
Collector is definitely the best out of all. You get an extra Spectral Lotus Garden...

http://hextcg.com/rewards#lotus

Spectral Lotus is like a black lotus that also draws a card and puts a 3/1 draw a card creature for 3 in your hand..
And with equipment you also get a free *selective discard* wheel of fortune stapled on.

jaxsonbateman
06-04-2013, 02:28 AM
Collector is definitely the best out of all. You get an extra Spectral Lotus Garden...

http://hextcg.com/rewards#lotus

Spectral Lotus is like a black lotus that also draws a card and puts a 3/1 draw a card creature for 3 in your hand..
And with equipment you also get a free *selective discard* wheel of fortune stapled on.
That's debatable, and really depends on what you're looking for. Essentially, all the extra Spectral Lotus Garden does is give you a smidge more trading power - actually, that's what the whole Collector's tier does; gives you a bit more trading power. It's also subject to a lot of variance, so it's a gamble. If the AA cards end up being highly sought after cards, it'll be quite profitable. If not, then it won't be. Still, it's certainly not a bad tier - some people will like it, some won't.

Also, you can't really use Spectral Lotus every match willy-nilly. Otherwise, you'll be dumping a lot of unnecessary gold into consumables that you don't really need to.

The extra Spectral Lotus Garden in the Collectors tier is a nice little perk; it's not the reason to go Collector's tier (if you were going Collector just for the Lotus Garden, you'd just get 2 more Kings instead so you get 4 of the KS cards instead of the 3 you get with Collector, though if you weren't merging Collector would probably pull ahead even if just going for the Garden due to the AA cards + free draft for a year providing a lot of extra trading power - but then you're not getting Collector for the Garden are you? :-P).

Winsom
06-04-2013, 03:05 AM
Do we know for sure that? :

1. Dungeons are always single player

Could there be a cooperative-mode dungeon that is not a "raid" ?

i.e. two friends work together to get PvE loots in a "dungeon"

This makes a big difference for me. Getting loots with my friends and not necessarily in a "raid" difficulty setting. Dungeon-crawling with friends is an MMO to me.

I understand that a "raid" is a 3 player experience and that is apparently a different experience? Not the same content as dungeon and not the same rewards.

2. Dungeons can be repeated for additional chances to get the loot contained

For example, IF the devs want to limit pve looting they would only allow "the best drops" the first time through, or diminishing chances with each repetition, or something like that. This would make the gold auction house more valuable. People would have to use the AH to get loots they failed to get themselves from the dungeon. Do we know they are Not doing something like this?

jaxsonbateman
06-04-2013, 03:09 AM
I don't know about 1, but don't think that'd affect the DC bonus anyway - you'd still probably get the extra loot if that were the case, and your ally may or may not, depending on how nice Crypto is.

As for 2, in the stream yesterday they pretty much said "they're not going to do anything to limit the amount of times a player can do something; as far as they're concerned they want players to be able to play 24/7 if they want to". So I can't imagine they'd diminish loot chances, thus reducing your desire to play.

Gwaer
06-04-2013, 07:20 AM
1 is no, we don't know what all dungeons will be single player. But the first 40 or so are.

TheWrathofShane
06-04-2013, 07:30 AM

Go for collector, if get that + king you will end up with x3 lotus gardens, x5 of the kickstarter exclusive cards, and x2 of the 6 a year AA collector exclusive cards for life!

If I had the funds I would go x2 collector next best x1 king x1 collector.

King is a great value though for sure.

jaxsonbateman
06-04-2013, 07:58 AM
Psst... some people plan to play a lot of PvE, and would like to get double the loot for their farming. ;-)

Tyrfang
06-04-2013, 07:59 AM
Dungeon crawler buff needs to be clarified. I can think of 3 different ways it could be interpreted.

keldrin
06-04-2013, 01:12 PM
Dungeon crawler buff needs to be clarified. I can think of 3 different ways it could be interpreted.
I agree. And it certainly makes a big effect on how valuable having it will be.
On a side note, there are now zero backers at the $5,000 immmortal level. Kind of interesting because at the 1000+ levels, the extra sleeves are truely exclusive to the individual tiers. So, no backers at that level means, you will never see anyone use those sleeves ever in game. (Although, they might end up repurposing it, if there are no backers when the funding ends)

Gwaer
06-04-2013, 02:06 PM
Pretty sure dragon lord won the sleeve thing anyway, unless one of the custom options manages to beat it.

Lidralyn
06-04-2013, 06:19 PM
So after the stream...he said we get 2 rolls on the loot table...does that mean that we actually get 2 items? or we get 1 roll, and if it is a common or something we don't want...then we have the option to roll again? Or do we always get 2 rolls and keep both items/cards/gold etc?

Indormi
06-04-2013, 06:22 PM
So after the stream...he said we get 2 rolls on the loot table...does that mean that we actually get 2 items? or we get 1 roll, and if it is a common or something we don't want...then we have the option to roll again? Or do we always get 2 rolls and keep both items/cards/gold etc?

You always get 2 rolls and keep all. In other words is like you killed a boss, get the loot and you killed him again and looted him again.

panzer
06-04-2013, 06:27 PM
You always get 2 rolls and keep all. \

wouldn't that be double the loot which he said is not the case for the DC. I'm confused and need clarification.

Lidralyn
06-04-2013, 06:29 PM
That's why I am confused...that would be "double the loot" Cory could have meant that it's not "double" one roll....so you don't get 2x of each item and get screwed if you roll bad...but I'm not 100% sure. It could be interpreted either way. I need to listen to it again.

Kami
06-04-2013, 06:31 PM
\

wouldn't that be double the loot which he said is not the case for the DC. I'm confused and need clarification.

1. You roll loot table once and get X.
2. You roll loot table again and get Y.

In other words, you get two separate sets of loot.

So if X was a Rare + Gold, Y could be a Legendary + Common.

The two separate loot rolls are like getting twice the AMOUNT of drops for a single win.

The major benefit is if you're trying to farm. A 0.001% drop would now double in chance (since you get two chances per win).

Turtlewing
06-04-2013, 06:35 PM
\

It is double the amount of loot, it is not "double the loot" in the sence of getting two of the same loot.

panzer
06-04-2013, 06:36 PM
The two separate loot rolls are like getting twice the AMOUNT of drops for a single win.

The major benefit is if you're trying to farm. A 0.001% drop would now double in chance (since you get two chances per win).

Thats along the lines of what I originally thought. Thanks for clearing that up.

maniza
06-04-2013, 06:45 PM
They shud just let you roll twice and pick what you like best

Kami
06-04-2013, 06:46 PM

That's worse than rolling twice and getting both.

Daer
06-04-2013, 06:50 PM

How is that better than rolling twice and keeping both?

TheDiv
06-04-2013, 06:50 PM

That doesn't even make sense, why would they make it worse?

EDIT: Seems everyone got in with the same comment xD If you're on the edge, I suggest you make your mind up now as DC's will be gone in a matter of hours.

tacospag
06-04-2013, 10:29 PM
decided to go dungeon crawler tier.

TheDiv
06-04-2013, 10:32 PM
decided to go dungeon crawler tier.

Welcome to the team :)

Tyrfang
06-04-2013, 10:58 PM
I totally forgot that DC got 20 free pieces of rare/legendary equipment...